Bid on Draft Spots in Diamond Draft with faab money?

Texas Connection

Bid on Draft Spots in Diamond Draft with faab money?

Post by Texas Connection » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:15 pm

I'm a big fan of the bidding on draft spots with free agent money in the Platinum draft. I think everybody loves it. It seems to take out some of the randomness and luck factor out of where you will be drafting. Why not do this for the Diamond draft as well. Is there anybody in the Diamond draft that would be against this? I know that it does involve some time from Greg to manually adjust faab but thought maybe we could extend the bidding of draft spots to this league as well.

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Bid on Draft Spots in Diamond Draft with faab money?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:24 am

Texas Connection wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:15 pm
I'm a big fan of the bidding on draft spots with free agent money in the Platinum draft. I think everybody loves it. It seems to take out some of the randomness and luck factor out of where you will be drafting. Why not do this for the Diamond draft as well. Is there anybody in the Diamond draft that would be against this? I know that it does involve some time from Greg to manually adjust faab but thought maybe we could extend the bidding of draft spots to this league as well.
We do have a full Diamond League now, so I can email the group about the draft selection process for this private league. Two possible new options could be:

1) Draft spot bidding using FAAB money like we do in the NFBC Platinum League; or

2) Live random selection using baseballs. We'd put 15 baseballs into a bucket, pull out a name and have that person select their draft spot live or on Zoom. We do this for the NFFC Diamond Leagues and it works well. This would be live the night before or two nights before and everyone would see the process.

I'll be around on Monday and can reach out to the group via email, but posting suggestions here is fine, too. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

GLG20s

Re: Bid on Draft Spots in Diamond Draft with faab money?

Post by GLG20s » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:50 am

Love the FAAB bidding idea!