MTM Fast DC#6: "Celebrity Mystery Guest", Sunday, 1/17, 12:00 PM EST: SOLD OUT!

Baseball Furies

MTM Fast DC#6: "Celebrity Mystery Guest", Sunday, 1/17, 12:00 PM EST: SOLD OUT!

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:19 am

Ah yes, sometimes the allure and mystique of an MTM Fast DC is just too much to resist for even for the most legendary of fantasy baseball industry personalities and analysts. So when one of the greatest around today reached out to me personally, I decided to form this one in his honor and gladly welcomed his donation. :mrgreen: So this bad boy kicks off this coming Sunday at noon EST for a blistering pace of 50 rounds over the course of 750 picks in 27 hours or so including a few hours of sleep mixed in. 8-) All of you know the drill by now for what you might as well just consider a 14-teamer with our mystery guest on board for the ride. :P Hey, there's got to be one fish in the shark tank once in a while, right? :lol: So who wants in? Would love some fresh meat who have been holding out to jump into one this season to show our mystery guest how it's done. His/her identity will be revealed once the league is officially full. I will send everyone a link to sign up once the league is formed. The sign up list is below, so who else wants a piece of this action? This is one is going to fill FAST! But come to think of it, don't they all when I'm cracking the whip? 8-)

1. Derek VanRiper!
2. MTM
3. John Pacca
4. Joe Anthony
5. Jay Tannehill
6. Scott Feschuk
7. Bryan Vogel
8. Dan Semsel
9. Ante Meich
10. Tom Eshenfelder
11. Dan Kenyon
12. Rob Giese
13. Stephen Ruschak
14. Mike Kosmoski
15. Dave Shovein (not the "Celebrity Mystery Guest") :P :lol:

Our Celebrity Mystery Guest Enjoying The Draft This Sunday

https://nfc.shgn.com/signup/baseball?fo ... 487,3600,0
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

fritter

Re: MTM Fast DC#6: "Celebrity Mystery Guest", Sunday, 1/17, 12:00 PM EST

Post by fritter » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:16 am

I'll jump into the shark tank
tom eshenfelder

Ultrarunner

Post by Ultrarunner » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:52 am

I’m your huckleberry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:58 am

Like I said, this isn't taking long! Now down to only FIVE SPOTS LEFT! 8-)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:03 am

This is like The Masked Singer (which I've never watched). I'll predict it's David Einhorn!!
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:35 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:03 am
This is like The Masked Singer (which I've never watched). I'll predict it's David Einhorn!!
Though a billionaire and a celebrity in his own right, he doesn't fall into the category of industry analyst/ expert.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:11 pm

NOW DOWN TO JUST FOUR SPOTS LEFT!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:52 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:35 am
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Though a billionaire and a celebrity in his own right, he doesn't fall into the category of industry analyst/ expert.
I can't give up on The Masked Singer. I'm leaning toward radio or something like The Athletic. Second guess = Chris Liss!! ;) I've never watched the show so I don't know how many guesses you get, but three sounds like the right number!! :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:20 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:52 pm
Baseball Furies wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:35 am
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
I can't give up on The Masked Singer. I'm leaning toward radio or something like The Athletic. Second guess = Chris Liss!! ;) I've never watched the show so I don't know how many guesses you get, but three sounds like the right number!! :lol:

So, since we are now 100% SOLD OUT, I can end the suspense for you and everyone else, Greg, by announcing that "The Masked Drafter" (Hmmm, I feel a new MTM special draft offering coming on. :mrgreen: ) is none other than the soon-to-be-immortal, DVR aka Derek VanRiper! Yes, Greg, your initial instincts were indeed correct. It was in fact someone from The Athletic, but not just someone...dare I say a true legend in the fantasy sports industry!*

*Editor's Note: The producers of this draft would like to unequivocally state that no money or favors, financial, sexual, or otherwise were provided by Mr. VanRiper or his agents or affiliates in return for this unabashedly pandering praise bestowed by Mr. Massotto on this thread.

So everyone follow along as we begin separating DVR from his wallet come this Sunday. Quite the NFBC Rogues Gallery of drafters in this one, so it's going to be a blast! 8-)