New York Live Event Plan March 19-20

Tom Kessenich

New York Live Event Plan March 19-20

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Everyone, I spoke with my contact today at the Stewart Hotel and went over the logistics for our event there next month. I wanted to share the details with everyone.

First off, due to Covid and the ongoing need for social distancing we will be limited to two tables in the main ballroom all three days. That will not impact anything on Friday and Sunday but for Saturday this means we will have two Main Event leagues. We do have extra space in the ballroom down the hall if needed but as of now our plan likely will be to push for two Main Event leagues on March 20 and that's it. That would mean the first 30 to sign up get into a live league in NY.

If demand exceeds 30 we can work with the additional space. But for now our plan will be to get 30 signups for the Main Event on March 20 and shut things off. So if you're planning on attending I'd recommend signing up soon to get your spot reserved so you don't miss out.

So for Friday we'll have the 9 am ET auction, the 2:30 pm ET $2,500 auction and the 8 pm ET Ultimate in the main ballroom. The 4 pm ET auction will be held in our extra space. Please note this is a different room than we used in 2019 since that room would not work with social distancing. On Saturday and Sunday all events would be in the main ballroom.

NOTE: Masks must be worn at all times in the hotel.

We're discussing with Sirius their plans to broadcast the Ultimate. They will not be attending live but are planning to broadcast the draft. I'm talking to Matt Deutsch next week to hash out more of the particulars so hopefully I have more info to share then.

That's the plan as of today. I say "as of today" because we all know things really are a day-to-day proposition right now. But I continue to hope that we'll be trending positively and by the time the NY events arrive we'll be there and having a great time.

Any questions or if you need help signing up for an event in NY please email me at [email protected]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Re: New York Live Event Plan March 19-21

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:17 am

I wanted to follow up with more info about the plan in New York next week. As of today it looks like we'll have the following events at the Stewart Hotel:

Friday March 19
9 am ET $1,400 Auction
2:30 pm ET $2,500 Auction
8 pm ET Ultimate

Saturday March 20
Noon ET Main Event

Nothing on Sunday unfortunately. Due to Covid concerns there will not be buffet style food options like we usually have. Instead there will be boxed lunches for the two auctions on Friday and then plated meals for the Ultimate on Friday and the Main Event on Saturday. The items will be on tables in the foyer outside of the ballroom. Everything will be labeled and ready for you to take.

A few other Covid-related items from the hotel:

Temperature checks are required for all attendees prior to accessing the event space. Hotel will provide thermal infrared thermometer. Health & Wellness Screening Log to be recorded for all attendees accessing the event space. Hotel will provide log sheets. Make sure you see Greg or me before going into the ballroom so we can get this done.

Mask wearing is a must in all public and function spaces. Please keep your masks on in the ballroom during the events.

Any questions about this please let me know. Call me at 715 254-5559 or email me at [email protected]. This will be a smaller NY event than we've ever had but we're going to make sure it's still a terrific one. :)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:20 am

Sirius Radio will be broadcasting Friday night's MTM Ultimate as always although they will not be on site. Adam Ronis will be the facilitator and they plan to have him mic'd so the broadcast can hear the picks being made throughout the draft.

They will also have a Zoom channel set up during the broadcast from 7 pm ET to 11 pm ET. If you want to come on the show during the first hour find me or Greg and we'll get you set up on one of our laptops to go on Zoom. We will try to get some people on during the two breaks as well time permitting.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Re: New York Live Event Plan March 19-20

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:41 am

We are moving forward with Chicago's Main Event as well on the same weekend and will fill in with Online drafters if needed in the Windy City. The group there is eager to get together in a draft room and have some fun, so this is a go. We're up to 8 owners now live in Chicago and hope to get a couple more to match up with online drafters. Contact me if you're interested or sign up online.

Here we go in the Windy City:

CHICAGO
Chicago Northbrook Marriott
Saturday, March 20, Noon CT
1. Brent Grooms
2. VINCE CLEMENTE
3. Christopher Cosley
4. Jeffrey Bryl
5. Douglas Roth
6. John Pausma
7. Jason Gill
8. Robert Nolter
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:24 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:20 am
Sirius Radio will be broadcasting Friday night's MTM Ultimate as always although they will not be on site. Adam Ronis will be the facilitator and they plan to have him mic'd so the broadcast can hear the picks being made throughout the draft.

They will also have a Zoom channel set up during the broadcast from 7 pm ET to 11 pm ET. If you want to come on the show during the first hour find me or Greg and we'll get you set up on one of our laptops to go on Zoom. We will try to get some people on during the two breaks as well time permitting.

Hey Tom, I'll have a line-up of willing MTM competitors ready to jump on board for that first hour of spots. Just let me know how many we can do (in addition to me, of course :mrgreen: ) and I'll have them all ready! 8-)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

King of Queens

Re: New York Live Event Plan March 19-20

Post by King of Queens » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:19 am

Are there plans for any kind of get-togethers in New York that weekend? I have heard rumors of a gathering in Tribeca on Friday night, but I have yet to receive an official invite. Please keep me posted should anything develop.