Innings Minimum

Ultrarunner

Re: Innings Minimum

Post by Ultrarunner » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:38 pm

I don’t think a change is needed to FAAB leagues. I won’t complain if DCs drop to 950 but not convinced it’s a must do for 2022.

Brian Jenner

Post by Brian Jenner » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:38 am

If somebody misses the IP minimum in a FAAB league then they simply aren't paying attention and are using too many relievers or left injured players in their lineup. 1000 is easily reached with just 6 SPs per week, and probably even 5. Maybe there's some kind of notice to teams that are on pace to miss (or barely avoid missing) the IP minimum at the All-Star break.

DCs are a whole other animal. I don't play in them anymore so maybe it's not for me to say, but it might make sense to lower to 900 or 950 and use the same notification system I mentioned above. I can't think of a logical reason why DCs and FAAB leagues would use the same IP limit.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:50 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:37 am
I reached out to each of the affected owners and to a man they did not realize they missed the IP minimum. And in most cases, they had so many injuries on their DC teams that they couldn't have done much to change the final result. I think it shows me that maybe we need to find a better way to alert those affected owners before the end of the season.
Greg,

One way to do this is something onroto.com started implementing a few years ago. Starting on September 1st of each season, in the league standings adjacent to each team name shows the YTD number of innings pitched in red for those teams who haven’t yet hit the minimum.

This should help alert owners as long as they look at the standings.

Mike

thepats

Post by thepats » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:56 am

I was one of the eight owners penalized for not making the innings limit. I had a lot of teams and didn't pay enough attention to this one, which I didn't think had a chance to get in the money. It was careless of me. The innings limit is not hard to make and I don't think it should be changed.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:10 am

So this we'll look at again, but not how potentially owners can get screwed out of prize money at the end of any given season out of pure luck if games past 162 are added and then counted towards the final standings. C'mon on guys. Where the innings minimum threshold may come into play a little more frequently as the game of baseball continues to change for better or for worse, at least there is some measure of control on this that is in the hands of the fantasy team owners in managing their respective teams especially in FAAB leagues, but the same cannot be said for these random, unpredictable added games past 162 which unfairly unlevel the playing field and can easily cost players thousands of dollars in winnings as well. Not a fan of the hypocrisy, but always willing to consider rules changes that make this game better and fairer for all.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

red mule

Post by red mule » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:01 pm

Please keep innings limit the same for Mains and Supers. Never should rules be modified to make the game easier.

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:54 pm

red mule wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:01 pm
Please keep innings limit the same for Mains and Supers. Never should rules be modified to make the game easier.
This

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:35 pm

Wolfpac wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:54 pm
red mule wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:01 pm
This
I can accept this. How about rules though that add more pure luck to the game that arbitrarily we have no control over at the end of the season that can screw people over out of money just for the "fun" of it?
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry