The MTM Vegas Party & Midnight Madness Draft are Back for 2021!

Baseball Furies

The MTM Vegas Party & Midnight Madness Draft are Back for 2021!

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:28 am

I think all of you who are braving Vegas this year for the NFBC live events are clear on two things: One, it's the best high stakes live draft experience going bar none, and two we all fucking need this,badly! :mrgreen: . So in between my near daily drafting, podcasting, marketing, public relations, guest appearances, and Twitter rantings (just to name a few), I have given up a few more hours of sleep in order to secure a suitable venue at the Bellagio and set this whole thing up for our triumphant return to Vegas now exactly just four weeks away from today. 8-) 8-) 8-)

So with the usual suite not being feasible under the circumstances, the MTM NFBC Party will be held outdoors on the Grand Patio which is just off the Grand Ballroom, Friday night, 3/26, kicking off at 9:00 pm PST, and going until everyone has had enough. This is 6000 sq. ft. of beautiful, wide open space which will be set up exclusively to receive all who attend. There will be seating and tables spread out across the venue, lighting, a full premium open bar for three hours, passed hors d'oeuvres, and an appropriate buffet set up as well including snacks and desserts. I'll make sure of the appropriate wines, spirits and cigars for anyone who wishes to partake as well. There will be the usual music, bull-shitting, shit-talking, and of course camaraderie in hanging out with not only some of the best fantasy baseball players in the world, but some if the best guys and gals, too. :D The NFBC is picking up the space rental and the bulk of all the additional set up fees while helping to defray some of the food and beverage costs, leaving the party attendance fee for this year $150 a person all in and worth every penny of it just for the experience alone! I'll be collecting this as usual and fronting this cost in advance, so if you're in, just hit me up with the funds via PayPal ([email protected]) or Venmo (@Michael-Massotto). Post your name to this thread or leave me a note with your payment, and I'll add you to the guest list. Spouses and significant others are welcome as usual if you truly want to subject them to this at the per head cost as stated. :lol: Any questions can be posted here, or most of you know how to reach me directly.

The Mostly Distinguished Guest List

1. MTM (more than pd.)
2. Dan Semsel (pd.)
3. Dave Duncan (pd.)
4. Carter Gil (pd.)
5. Anthony Gialde (pd.)
6. Mike Mager (pd.)
7. Jason Duponte (pd.)
8. Scott Zeidman (pd.)
9. Wayne Edwards (pd.)
10. Chad Fleming (pd.)
11. Jason Anthony (pd.)
12. Matt Modica (pd.)
13. Matt Anderson (pd.)
14. Rob Giese (pd.)
15. Greg Lathrop (pd.)
16. Eric Albright (pd.)
17. David Shoup (pd.)
18. Kevin Hasting (pd.)
19. Jason Wanic (pd.)
20. Vlad Sedler (pd.)
21. KC Cha (pd.)
22. Matt Shepherd (pd.)
23. James Tomony (pd.)
24. Chris Cosley (& his orderly) (pd.)
25. Lindy Hinkelman (pd.)
26. Gabe Hinkelman (pd.)
27. Anthony Bauriedl (pd.)
28. Dusty Wagner (pd.)
29. Shawn Childs (pd.)
30. Scott Fleming
31. Roger Martin
32. John Pausma (pd.)
33. Doug Gruber (pd.)
34. Darik Buchar (pd.)
35. Gene McCaffrey (pd.)
36. Dan Prepas (pd.)
36. Joe Martens
37. David Ehsanipoor
38. Greg Ambrosius (he should be paying me :lol: )

Greg and Tom will have the screens set up to view some NYC draft results (anonymously if at all possible of course), and definitely the results of the MTM Ultimate from the week prior for further discussion and criticism. All of the festivities will culminate near midnight for the kickoff of the traditional "Midnight Madness Draft". Twelve (12) die-hard participants in less than stellar condition :lol: will pound out 30 rounds of Rotowire OLC-style drafting over the course of two hours. KDS draft selection will take place "Iron Balls" style on the spot just before the draft, and this a standalone league that is not part of the overall competition with a $750 entry fee which pays the top two winners, $7000/$1000, a true Vegas gamble indeed! 8-) The sign-up list of competitors for this one is listed below, and Darik will be adding the sign-up link for it as soon as he reads this and finds out that he has something else to do today. :lol:

Midnight Madness Draft Competitors:

1. MTM (why do I do this to myself?) :lol:
2. Dave Duncan
3. Carter Gil
4. Anthony Gialde
5. Scott Zeidman
6. Matt Shepherd
7. Jason Wanic
8. Greg Lathrop
9. Mark Winokur (OL)
10. Bryan Vogel (OL)
11. Chad Fleming
12. Alexander Krivosheev (OL)

Sign-up Link: https://nfc.shgn.com/signup/baseball/nfbc-750MTM
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:36 pm, edited 41 times in total.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Ultrarunner

Re: The MTM Vegas Party & Midnight Madness Draft are Back for 2021!

Post by Ultrarunner » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:10 am

I’m in for the party. Will PayPal you tonight

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:52 am

It's a shame you didn't post a picture from the balcony overlooking the pools because during the day it's a thing of beauty....if you know what I mean! :mrgreen: The Grand Patio is a beautiful spot and the weather in late March should be good at night.

Next year the Fountain View suite, unless the balcony becomes a preferred site. The 4 pm PT auctions and drafts should be done right around 9 pm PT and the Grand Patio is right across the hall, so a perfect setting for this. Enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:55 am

Added the guest list to the thread, and looking forward to seeing as many of you who are going to be out there joining us for the festivities! 8-)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:01 am

Once again it will be up to me to add Southern charm, ellegance, class, distinction and above all modesty to the the cold barren desert.

Can't wait (won't draft because I won't be able to stay awake).
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

chiznad21

Post by chiznad21 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:51 am

Sign me up Mikey, can't wait and thx for putting this all together!!!!! Ill Pay Pal you later today....TY

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:59 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:52 am
It's a shame you didn't post a picture from the balcony overlooking the pools because during the day it's a thing of beauty....if you know what I mean! :mrgreen: The Grand Patio is a beautiful spot and the weather in late March should be good at night.

Next year the Fountain View suite, unless the balcony becomes a preferred site. The 4 pm PT auctions and drafts should be done right around 9 pm PT and the Grand Patio is right across the hall, so a perfect setting for this. Enjoy.
No doubt Greg that the Grand Patio is one of the most "scenic" spots in all of Vegas. :D My favorite spot to go relax between drafts or during breaks.

Mikey, nice job working around the Pandemic to continue your Friday night party tradition. Curious how long the Midnight drafts have typically taken. Haven't partaken as of yet despite enjoying your parties through the years, but if I decide to make Vegas happen might decide to give the Midnight Madness a go this time.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:36 pm

They renamed it the Lowy Grand Patio since you've spent so much time out there!! :lol: Hope you can make it.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:52 am

Glenneration X wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:59 am
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:52 am

No doubt Greg that the Grand Patio is one of the most "scenic" spots in all of Vegas. :D My favorite spot to go relax between drafts or during breaks.

Mikey, nice job working around the Pandemic to continue your Friday night party tradition. Curious how long the Midnight drafts have typically taken. Haven't partaken as of yet despite enjoying your parties through the years, but if I decide to make Vegas happen might decide to give the Midnight Madness a go this time.
Would be great to have you join us this evening, my friend! We have been banging this draft out in two hours max from start to finish with no breaks. Always a blast. I'll save you a spot for now. Hope you decide to make the trip! :D

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:32 am

The party guest list has been updated as has the list of Midnight Madness Draft competitors. Please let me know if I have missed you on one of my lists or not marked you paid if you've hit me up with the funds already. Just trying to catch up. Who else is in for the festivities and/or draft? Not to be missed if you're making the trip to Vegas this year! :D 8-)

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:15 pm

Sign-up link for MTM Midnight Madness Draft: https://nfc.shgn.com/signup/baseball/nfbc-750MTM

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:25 pm

We are rapidly closing in on party night in Vegas! All the final preparations are being made this week and I need to settle up with the Bellagio. So, I need a final head count. If you're going to be out in Vegas, this night is not to be missed! If you want in, I need to hear from you ASAP so that I can add you to the guest list. There's also a couple spots remaining for The Midnight Madness Draft, if you want to make it an exacta that night. :mrgreen: Reply to this thread, PM me, DM me, text me, call me, or whatever as long as I hear from you by this Friday, 3/12!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:56 am

URGENT UPDATE! The party is shaping up very nicely, but I still need to solidify the traditional drunken delirium that is the "Midnight Madness Draft" beginning around, yup you guessed it, midnight PST Friday night/Saturday a.m.! We have a strong group of the usual die-hard fanatics lined up, but I need a few more off the fence and 100% committed. I'm even open to allowing for a couple of remote drafters doing this one online this year after I give all the live and in-person crew the right of first refusal on the remaining few spots. So let me know if you want in on a crack at a cool $7000 league prize which should be easy money for the sober couple of owners who might get the rare lucky shot to draft in this usually exclusively live league that night. :mrgreen: 8-) Post to this thread or reach out to me personally if you want in! And can't wait to see everyone in Vegas, baby! 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:56 pm

LAST CALL FOR THE PARTY AND THE MIDNIGHT MADNESS DRAFT! I'm finalizing everything including the head count in the next couple of days, so if you want in, you need to let me know ASAP. And there are potentially just one or two spots remaining for the draft that night which is an experience in and of itself, so if you want in on this action, you need to act fast. Thanks all and looking forward to seeing everyone in Vegas, baby! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:39 pm

The party and draft list has been updated. See everyone tonight. If you still need to get me the funds, there's still time to either PayPal me ([email protected]) or Venmo me @michael-massotto. Otherwise, just find me at the party. Looking forward to seeing everyone there! 8-)