Set Lineup

mdecav

Set Lineup

Post by mdecav » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:27 pm

Suggestion: The Set Lineup page should show position eligibility for the hitters.

For those of us with multiple teams, as we run through lineups each half-week it helps to know where everyone qualifies. You kinda show it (but primary position only) if the player is as corner, middle infielder, or on the bench, but not all positions at all times.

This would be a very helpful fix.

Bronx Yankees

Re: Set Lineup

Post by Bronx Yankees » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:21 am

Just wanted to support this request. Here are a few examples:

I have Jean Segura in one starting lineup at MI. Next to his name it says “(2B).” He’s eligible at 2B and 3B, and so it would be helpful to have all his eligible positions listed next to his name so I can quickly see - but don’t have to remember - that he’s also eligible at 3B.

On one team, I have Freddy Galvis on my bench. Next to his name is “(2B),” but he’s also eligible at SS. If my starting SS gets hurt, I want to be able to quickly skim my bench and immediately see all SS eligible players.

Right now, while in drafting mode, I have good recall of players’ positional eligibility. Once the season starts, and we move farther away from drafts, and certain players gain additional eligibilities, it becomes increasingly important that all eligible positions are listed next to each name. This is especially true for owners that have way too many teams and need to set lots of lineups.

Thanks very much for considering Mike’s request above.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:17 pm

Bump
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:41 am

Re-bump.

This is really important for those of us owning multiple teams.
On my tombstone-

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:34 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:41 am
Re-bump.

We've reached out to IT with the suggestion. The re-bump did it!!
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:48 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:34 am
DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:41 am
Re-bump.

We've reached out to IT with the suggestion. The re-bump did it!!
Thanks and thanks for the re-bump promptness!
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:54 am

Hey Greg, I know there is bad news with some contests sign ups, but let's focus on the good.
It seems DC's are filling up faster than ever.
How far ahead are DC's over past years?
On my tombstone-

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:07 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:54 am
Hey Greg, I know there is bad news with some contests sign ups, but let's focus on the good.
It seems DC's are filling up faster than ever.
How far ahead are DC's over past years?
Thanks Dan. I blame Covid and baseball's quiet off-season for any bad news, but hopefully both improve soon.

We watch signups very closely and can compare them to past years by the day for every contest. It's important because we know when people secure their teams and there's a point when too much is too much. That's when we know we're either not going to hit our targets or we are going to go way over our targets. We plan for each scenario.

So the Draft Champions are tracking slightly higher compared to last year, which was waaaaaay better than any previous year. As you know, we hit the wall on March 12th last year when life shut down as we know it and that included the Draft Champions leagues. We still ran some DCs through early April before shutting down and still finished with 4,260 total teams. But we missed two solid weeks of DC Express leagues in late March.

We budgeted for lower than that figure because we just were unsure of Covid and the early season interest, but again we are on a similar path to 2020 with a hearty March of drafts to come. And with the software working well, we will extend the 4 hour, 2-hour, 1-hour and 30-minute drafts closer to Opening Day. Plus Opening Day is on April 1st this year, compared to March 25th last year, so we should have a robust March. Getting 4,000+ teams would be great if it happens this year and it should. The format is here to stay folks!! :lol:

Thanks for everyone's help in pushing all of our contests to record numbers. I'm convinced everything will fall into place as the baseball season approaches. I don't blame anyone for waiting on the sidelines until they feel better about the season, but once the season nears I think everyone will want some skin in the game. I can't wait for the season to begin and with the uncertainty of 2022 because of the CBA ending, I'm going to enjoy this one like there's no tomorrow. Come join me if you can!! :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:32 pm

mdecav wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:27 pm
Suggestion: The Set Lineup page should show position eligibility for the hitters.

For those of us with multiple teams, as we run through lineups each half-week it helps to know where everyone qualifies. You kinda show it (but primary position only) if the player is as corner, middle infielder, or on the bench, but not all positions at all times.

This would be a very helpful fix.
UPDATE: This will be done on the Set Lineup page shortly. IT is just putting the finishing touches on this. The multiple positions will show up next to the players name and won't include MI, CI or UT. But you will see 2B, SS, 3B if a player qualifies at three positions. Look for this soon on Set Lineup.

Thanks all and good luck.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:55 pm

Great! Thanks Greg that’ll be very helpful for us.