Thank You To All The Live Event Participants

Tom Kessenich

Thank You To All The Live Event Participants

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:56 am

As today begins we have more than 18,000 signups in the NFBC for the 2021 season. If my math is correct (and it's always best to check), I think that's a few leagues more than we had when all this began way back in 2004. It speaks to the evolution of the industry and the passion all of you as players have for playing this great game. We are beyond grateful for the support all of you have shown us, especially in the past year when there have been so many obvious difficulties, setbacks and heartbreaks. This has been a difficult time for everyone so it means a great deal that so many of you have continued to support the NFBC and all of our contests.

Not everyone was able to take part in the Live Events this year and we certainly understand the reasons why and do not fault anyone for making the choice to play exclusively Online this year. We hope to see all of you back again in 2022. :) I did want to take a moment, though, to say thank you to everyone who joined us in New York, Chicago and Las Vegas. Those of you in NY and/or Vegas heard me say it many times but it really does mean a lot that you chose to join us live for our drafts and auctions. As I said, we understand the difficulties of the world we still live in so the fact so many of you trusted us to keep you safe while taking part in our events means more to us than you will ever know.

We did keep everyone safe in all three cities and the overwhelming response I received from talking to so many of you was how grateful you were that baseball was back this year and we were back with live events. As Lindy said to me, "I needed this" and I completely agreed. I think we all needed this. A return to normalcy in any fashion can mean so much.

It was great seeing so many familiar faces for the first time in two years as well as meeting new members of our ever-expanding community. I've said it more times than I can count but the live events really are the live blood of the NFFC and NFBC. There's no denying how critical the Online component has become to our business and industry and it's fantastic but nothing beats the live event experience and after not being able to offer it for baseball last year it really was great to be able to have it again.

So again, I want to express my deepest thanks to everyone who took part in the live events this year. It's my hope our lives will return to normal soon and that means 2022 will be even bigger and better. I can't wait for that but until then let's enjoy the 2021 season with gusto. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich