Line-Ups and settings

Big League Wood

Line-Ups and settings

Post by Big League Wood » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:21 am

How are pitcher and hitters set up for the week?
I assume Pitchers lock Thursday with team's first game.
What are hitter settings?

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Line-Ups and settings

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:22 am

Big League Wood wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:21 am
Correct, pitchers will lock this week with their team's first game.

Hitters lock with their team's first game on Thursday and you can still switch out hitters on Friday. Good luck and enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:54 am

He Greg is there a reason why the Nats/Mets Orioles/Sox pitchers are locked? I assumed we could switch those out today.

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:32 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:22 am
Big League Wood wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:21 am
Correct, pitchers will lock this week with their team's first game.

Hitters lock with their team's first game on Thursday and you can still switch out hitters on Friday. Good luck and enjoy.
Can you show which pitchers are locked / unlocked like you did last year? Right now they all show unlocked even though most are locked.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:23 am

Agree with John, the 'lock' icon is missing from all players this year.
Also, when hitting 'Save] for lineups, a message appears that we have had success IN saving the lineup, then have to hit x to start another lineup.
Can the 'Success' notification just be an alert that fades without us having to x it out?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:43 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:23 am
Also, when hitting 'Save] for lineups, a message appears that we have had success IN saving the lineup, then have to hit x to start another lineup.
Can the 'Success' notification just be an alert that fades without us having to x it out?
I can deal with all the little annoying stuff I just wish the pitchers that haven’t pitched were unlocked.

SpinningSeams

Post by SpinningSeams » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:43 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
I wonder why this feature disappeared..? The lock icon is helpful. The "Save" button on the bottom of the Set Lineups page is also a helpful feature instead of just 1 at the top of the page. Also missing this year when hovering over the team on the schedule and showing the Starting Pitcher was a helpful feature. :D
Scott
"SpinningSeams"

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:08 am

SpinningSeams wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:43 am
DOUGHBOYS wrote:
I wonder why this feature disappeared..? The lock icon is helpful. The "Save" button on the bottom of the Set Lineups page is also a helpful feature instead of just 1 at the top of the page. Also missing this year when hovering over the team on the schedule and showing the Starting Pitcher was a helpful feature. :D
yes, big help! also if possible, can we get just the fri-sunday games to show up in this new scoring period?

thanks

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:19 am

The lock icon should be there soon if it’s not there already.

The Save button will be added to the bottom of Set Lineup.

We apologize for the four teams that didn’t play still being locked today. Our program locks all pitchers on Fridays and it would be tough to change that for this one exception. We apologize.

Thursday will be removed from Friday-Sunday Set Lineup next week. Sorry for that right now.

Good luck all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:24 am

We tweak Set Lineup and other features each off-season to make the site more compatible for mobile use. Our data shows that over 85 percent of views during the season are from mobile devices, so we are tweaking the setup to help there. If we need to make other changes or bring back something that was there before we can do it.

Friendly suggestions are welcome. ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:36 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:19 am

We apologize for the four teams that didn’t play still being locked today. Our program locks all pitchers on Fridays and it would be tough to change that for this one exception. We apologize.

Thursday will be removed from Friday-Sunday Set Lineup next week. Sorry for that right now.

Good luck all.
I mean I get it that it might be a pain to change the lock on pitchers but it was stated even above that this wouldn’t happen and pitchers lock when the team plays the first game. I guess we just have to deal with it

SpinningSeams

Post by SpinningSeams » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:58 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:19 am

Good luck all.
Awesome, quick response Greg! Most of us understand there is an increased use via mobile and a dichotomy between those wanting to conduct their moves on the computer and those on a mobile device. A struggle to appease both for sure when you consider the array of age of players, technical savvy, or simply what is comfortable to use. I struggle at times with using the mobile version, but this has more to do with the operator (me). For me personally, I have been used to the site functioning a certain way and some of the past features are REALLY helpful still.
Scott
"SpinningSeams"

Money

Post by Money » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:31 pm

That is an interesting take on the usage between the mobile app and desktop computer type systems. I do all of the important type stuff like Setting Lineups and FAAB work on the laptop on a daily basis. I use the mobile app to follow live scoring and any last minute lineup changes that need to be made if I'm out. I went into the app yesterday 50 times checking live scoring updates. I logged into the laptop a few times to adjust lineups.

Is it viewed that I am mostly a mobile user because I go in and out? The exact opposite is true. The critical work is done on the laptop. That's just me though. It would be interesting to know the percentages on what players are using the app for vs the laptop application. Not asking for anything here, I asked elsewhere. I just thought I'd throw this into the conversation.
Joe

acesfull23

Post by acesfull23 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:47 pm

Money wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:31 pm
That is an interesting take on the usage between the mobile app and desktop computer type systems. I do all of the important type stuff like Setting Lineups and FAAB work on the laptop on a daily basis. I use the mobile app to follow live scoring and any last minute lineup changes that need to be made if I'm out. I went into the app yesterday 50 times checking live scoring updates. I logged into the laptop a few times to adjust lineups.

Is it viewed that I am mostly a mobile user because I go in and out? The exact opposite is true. The critical work is done on the laptop. That's just me though. It would be interesting to know the percentages on what players are using the app for vs the laptop application. Not asking for anything here, I asked elsewhere. I just thought I'd throw this into the conversation.
This is an exact description of my approach as well, FWIW.

SpinningSeams

Post by SpinningSeams » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:37 pm

acesfull23 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:47 pm
Money wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:31 pm

This is an exact description of my approach as well, FWIW.
Mostly use the computer, particularly for FAAB and Lineup changes.
Scott
"SpinningSeams"

Money

Post by Money » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:24 am

Is there any chance that the lock (game) times will be added to the set lineup page?

Thanks
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:47 am

Money wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:24 am
Is there any chance that the lock (game) times will be added to the set lineup page?

Thanks
They are there, but it takes one simple, extra click. Just click on the games below the name (for instance 3@Wash) and the entire week's schedule for that player will pop up, including the time of the first game. It's a nice popup window with all the information you'll need.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:07 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:47 am
Money wrote:

Thanks
They are there, but it takes one simple, extra click. Just click on the games below the name (for instance 3@Wash) and the entire week's schedule for that player will pop up, including the time of the first game. It's a nice popup window with all the information you'll need.
I understand that. The problem is you have to click on each and every player rather than being able to see a visual of it all at one time. It's very possible I'm in the minority here. Players with multiple teams I would think would want this. If not, I guess it's not a big deal.
Joe

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:27 am

Money wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:07 am
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Money wrote:

Thanks
I understand that. The problem is you have to click on each and every player rather than being able to see a visual of it all at one time. It's very possible I'm in the minority here. Players with multiple teams I would think would want this. If not, I guess it's not a big deal.
Joe - I 100% agree it would be very beneficial if the lock (game) times were displayed (without needing to click on every single one) on the set lineup page

Money

Post by Money » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:41 am

Gekko wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:27 am
Money wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:

Joe - I 100% agree it would be very beneficial if the lock (game) times were displayed (without needing to click on every single one) on the set lineup page
Thanks Mark. Lets face it most of us know the start times of most or all of the games. There is such a fine line between winning and losing around here with the level of competition, that one untimely error can be very costly.
Joe

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:42 am

Money wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Money wrote:

Thanks
You're not alone, Joe. It's something that should be there.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Money

Post by Money » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:10 pm

Is this a dead issue or is IT looking into a remedy?

Thanks.
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:36 am

Money wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:10 pm
Is this a dead issue or is IT looking into a remedy?

Thanks.
We met yesterday and are looking for a solution to adding the start times on Set Lineup, at least for the first game of the week. There appears to be enough room to fit in 1:10 or 7:05 under the opponents' team name, so we're looking at it. We understand the need for this and would add this while keeping the popout window of the weeks' opponents and start times. I'll post an update when we have one.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:17 am

Set Lineup now shows start times for each game the following week. Looks great. Thanks for the push.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:51 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:17 am
Set Lineup now shows start times for each game the following week. Looks great. Thanks for the push.
Thanks Greg!
Joe