FAAB Improvement Suggestion

Brian Jenner

FAAB Improvement Suggestion

Post by Brian Jenner » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:28 pm

Has there been consideration to simplify the way we duplicate Claim Lists?

For example, I have a claim list with 10 pitchers as conditional bids and one injured pitcher to drop. Then if another one of my pitchers is injured and I want to replace him, I can copy the claim list, and change the dropped player to the newly injured pitcher. So far, so good. But then on Sunday, there are 3 more pitchers I want to add to each claim list, and one to remove from both of them. Currently, I would need to delete one claim list, make all the adjustments in the other list, then copy it again, and then change the dropped player on the copied list. And repeat the process for all 6 of my FAAB teams, possibly for multiple lists on each team. And then pray that there are no more last minute changes on Sunday evening.

A solution to this problem is having multiple drops per claim list. So I have 10 conditional bids in a claim list, and I can list as many drops as I want within that one list. All of the deleting and copying is now gone and it takes me significantly less time to make changes to all of my teams. In a perfect world we could also set different bid amounts for each dropped player (Add Crichton for $100 if I drop Ginkel, or add Crichton for $30 if I drop Jordan Hicks, etc). But even if we can't have different bid amounts, just being able to have multiple drops per claim list would save me a TON of time. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that would enter more contests if FAAB was less time consuming. I feel like this is so obvious that it must have been suggested multiple times before, but I can't think of a reason to not do it this way.