Lineups Lock Deadline: Friday After All-Star Break

Greg Ambrosius

Lineups Lock Deadline: Friday After All-Star Break

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:28 am

We apologize for the confusion this week, but at least we have good news to report:

ALL PITCHERS AND HITTERS LOCK THIS WEEKEND ON THE TEAM'S FIRST GAME OF THE WEEKEND.

You can make starting lineup changes for all pitchers and hitters today and those players will lock at their team's start time today. This gives everyone more time and more information on MLB decisions today.

Lineups will lock this way for all NFBC games including the Diamond Challenge.

We apologize for the confusion and we will email all NFBC participants now to make sure everyone is on the same page. Good luck this weekend and good luck the rest of the NFBC season.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gekko

Re: Lineups Lock Deadline: Friday After All-Star Break

Post by Gekko » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:12 am

THANK YOU

Daren E

Post by Daren E » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:26 am

Excellent news, but there is another small glitch to report -- the 4 teams with afternoon doubleheader games do not show the proper start times on the Set Lineup page. Probably nothing that can be fixed now, but just a warning to those setting their weekend lineups that players on those 4 teams will probably lock when their actual first game starts which is before the game time shown on the Set Lineup page.
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
5-Time Live League Champion/Las Vegas

COZ

Post by COZ » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:46 am

Daren E wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:26 am
Excellent news, but there is another small glitch to report -- the 4 teams with afternoon doubleheader games do not show the proper start times on the Set Lineup page. Probably nothing that can be fixed now, but just a warning to those setting their weekend lineups that players on those 4 teams will probably lock when their actual first game starts which is before the game time shown on the Set Lineup page.
Maybe it’s time we address the NFBC’s continued relationship with their stats provider. In the information age, they consistently seem to be a “day late & a dollar short” when it comes to scheduling changes, etc. 8-)
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

bergerrc

Post by bergerrc » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:50 am

While we're at it can we have an icon showing players in the minors like we have for players on the IL?
Make him think you know something he doesn't.
Moonlight

thepats

Post by thepats » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:18 pm

Twins-Tigers rained out but their lineups are locked.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:21 pm

thepats wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:18 pm
Twins-Tigers rained out but their lineups are locked.
Once the info comes from our stats provider the players will be unlocked today. Hopefully that won't be much longer. It usually isn't.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:30 pm

COZ wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:46 am
Daren E wrote:
Maybe it’s time we address the NFBC’s continued relationship with their stats provider. In the information age, they consistently seem to be a “day late & a dollar short” when it comes to scheduling changes, etc. 8-)
Hmmmm, we were owned by STATS (who everyone here bitched about) and sold by STATS. We have the same stats provider that most other fantasy companies have who don't use STATS. Do you have a third option for us??

As a game provider, we are at the mercy of our stats provider to give us the official DL listings, schedules, postponements, etc. We can't go and manually put those in. We pay someone for that and there are only two viable options in our space. We've worked with both. That being said, we understand the frustration of not seeing things updated on our site immediately (or even within a reasonable time), but in most cases you can holler at me, Tom, Darik and IT but we aren't the ones setting that information.

As for news 'n notes and even injury updates, we should have additional info soon on the site/your player pages as we felt it was so important to get that as right and as timely as possible that we are adding a second feed of both soon. Details should be announced soon.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:36 pm

Gekko wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:12 am
THANK YOU
Just to set the record straight on this miscommunication: The programming was correct for this weekend's games all the time and yes it was the same as we had in 2018 and 2019. We didn't change anything last night. So kudos to IT for creating this correctly three years ago for the All-Star break (and Opening weekend when all 30 teams don't play on Thursday), but unfortunately even they forgot that this was set up this way.

We communicated what we thought was set up (and what IT even thought was set up) and when pitchers didn't lock last night we dug deeper into the coding and realized we had it right all along. We all apologize for not realizing how this was set up, but it was good to see the boards acting up again!! :lol:

Strike one against us for the message (we had a brain fart). :shock: But a home run for what we all wanted for this weekend. :D Good luck.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:51 pm

bergerrc wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:50 am
While we're at it can we have an icon showing players in the minors like we have for players on the IL?
Or at least an icon showing “Not on Active Roster” so it catches Minors players AND players on Administrative, Bereavement, Paternity Leave, etc?
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:19 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:36 pm
Gekko wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:12 am
THANK YOU
Just to set the record straight on this miscommunication: The programming was correct for this weekend's games all the time and yes it was the same as we had in 2018 and 2019. We didn't change anything last night. So kudos to IT for creating this correctly three years ago for the All-Star break (and Opening weekend when all 30 teams don't play on Thursday), but unfortunately even they forgot that this was set up this way.

We communicated what we thought was set up (and what IT even thought was set up) and when pitchers didn't lock last night we dug deeper into the coding and realized we had it right all along. We all apologize for not realizing how this was set up, but it was good to see the boards acting up again!! :lol:

Strike one against us for the message (we had a brain fart). :shock: But a home run for what we all wanted for this weekend. :D Good luck.
this one definitely took your customers by surprise, esp since last year it worked fine. glad it's set up correctly! i'll go back in my hole now. :lol:

btw, i've already drafted 20 NFFC teams. that's a record for me for middle of july 8-)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:33 pm

In other words, you're letting your NFBC competitors off easy this year by turning to football earlier, is that it Gek? :lol:

We didn't have the All-Star Game week last year, so it worked like this in 2018 and 2019 and the programmers forgot this had already been set up. I know, I know, we should have checked the coding before making this announcement, but like I said it was a brain fart by all. It's on us. But the good news is that it is set up the right way and we're all good to go.

We are punishing IT with a case of beer to Tom, me and Darik for the hassle and the disparaging posts. :D That's the least they can do!! :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:01 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:33 pm
In other words, you're letting your NFBC competitors off easy this year by turning to football earlier, is that it Gek? :lol:

We didn't have the All-Star Game week last year, so it worked like this in 2018 and 2019 and the programmers forgot this had already been set up. I know, I know, we should have checked the coding before making this announcement, but like I said it was a brain fart by all. It's on us. But the good news is that it is set up the right way and we're all good to go.

We are punishing IT with a case of beer to Tom, me and Darik for the hassle and the disparaging posts. :D That's the least they can do!! :lol:
beer...good!

ya, i meant 2019 (brain fart!).

glad it is resolved.

COZ

Post by COZ » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:47 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:30 pm
COZ wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:46 am
Daren E wrote:
Hmmmm, we were owned by STATS (who everyone here bitched about) and sold by STATS. We have the same stats provider that most other fantasy companies have who don't use STATS. Do you have a third option for us??

As a game provider, we are at the mercy of our stats provider to give us the official DL listings, schedules, postponements, etc. We can't go and manually put those in. We pay someone for that and there are only two viable options in our space. We've worked with both. That being said, we understand the frustration of not seeing things updated on our site immediately (or even within a reasonable time), but in most cases you can holler at me, Tom, Darik and IT but we aren't the ones setting that information.

As for news 'n notes and even injury updates, we should have additional info soon on the site/your player pages as we felt it was so important to get that as right and as timely as possible that we are adding a second feed of both soon. Details should be announced soon.
Fair enough. I wasn't sure about the mechanics behind the stats providers. And I understand you're at the mercy of when the info gets updated & wasn't blaming the NFBC team for the stats updates, just seems to be behind the other site I have a few teams on, but maybe not. Great to hear about a second feed being added for the news & notes on the player pages, that would be a big addition, hopefully a marriage with Rotowire is in the offing.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

thepats

Post by thepats » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:02 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:28 am
We apologize for the confusion this week, but at least we have good news to report:

ALL PITCHERS AND HITTERS LOCK THIS WEEKEND ON THE TEAM'S FIRST GAME OF THE WEEKEND.
Detroit didn't play yesterday. They will play their first weekend game in two hours. Goodrum was just injured and the Tigers called up Reyes. Shouldn't I be able to replace Goodrum now? I can't as the Tigers are locked.

thepats

Post by thepats » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:00 pm

thepats wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:02 pm
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:28 am

Detroit didn't play yesterday. They will play their first weekend game in two hours. Goodrum was just injured and the Tigers called up Reyes. Shouldn't I be able to replace Goodrum now? I can't as the Tigers are locked.
Please ignore my post above. I was wrong. Locked at 1PM when the first game started.