Padres-Nationals Game

Edwards Kings

Padres-Nationals Game

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:31 am

I feel so bad for the fans at last nights Padres-Nationals Game. Saturday night at the ball game interrupted by what the press calls an "incedent" just outside the third-base side of the ball park. Nothing like a ball game, a beer, a red hot, and gunfire to make your Saturday night complete.

Has there evey been a similar event that a game was suspended due to violence outside the park? We all remember the pre-COVID preview of the Orioles-Red Sox game being played to an empty stadium because of the rioting in Baltimore after the death of Freddy Gray in 2015. A couple of "incidents" does not make a trend, but how close are we to "Honey, did you pack the sunscreen...hats...foam fingers with #1..the Uzi?"

If the Administrations for the inter-city locations of MLB Stadiums can't resolve their social consciousness issues so that patrons (many of whom travel from outside the city confines to attend) can feel safe, needless to say more teams will pull a relocate to the suburbs two-step.

For myself, the City of Atlanta has made it clear it cares nothing for me, the suburbinite. It cares not to make the City safe enough to visit, especially after dark. I had a chance to attend a private party at the Meredes-Benz Stadium for a very nice affair. I had two choices...go, which would have been a nice event to attend, though I would feel complelled to exercise my Second Amendment Rights and carry (nothing says worry-free social engagment like a 9 mm tucked in the small of my back), or not go. I elected not to go. Nor have I been to the High Museum of Art, or World of Coca-Cola, or the Aquarium, or the NCAA Football Hall-of-Fame. Atlanta does not care for me or my concerns, so I will not go into the City and spend my money or free time.

How long will this craziness...simple minded, ill intentioned, ignorant, but politally correct...go on before baseball (football, basketball, soccer, hockey, the arts) dies in the major city? When will the Cities be safe (or safe enough) again? What is the common element to the problem (I have my idea, what is yours)?

Heavy sigh..."Play Ball?"
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer