2022 MLB Schedule Opens With 15 Games On March 31

Greg Ambrosius

2022 MLB Schedule Opens With 15 Games On March 31

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:10 pm

Major League Baseball released its 2022 schedule today and it features all 30 teams playing on Opening Day, Thursday, March 31st.

There's still this little thing called a new Collective Bargaining Agreement that stands in the way of a successful Opening Day, but I'm keeping my hopes alive on that front. Can't wait for Opening Day in Las Vegas!!!

Details here:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb- ... n-july-19/
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Joe Sambito

Re: 2022 MLB Schedule Opens With 15 Games On March 31

Post by Joe Sambito » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:31 am

Greg,

Will the NFBC being hosting drafts in Vegas on both March 18/20 and March 25/27 weekends or just the latter? I always love when it coincides with the First weekend of March Madness.

Andy
Welcome to Stevieland
"Everyone is born right-handed, only the greatest overcome it."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:10 am

Joe Sambito wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:31 am
Greg,

Will the NFBC being hosting drafts in Vegas on both March 18/20 and March 25/27 weekends or just the latter? I always love when it coincides with the First weekend of March Madness.

Andy
Welcome to Stevieland
We will NOT be hosting two weekends of live events in Las Vegas. We will be in New York City March 18-20 and Las Vegas March 24-27, and likely there for Main Events on March 28-30. The NCAA Tournament starts March 17th and unfortunately we won't be there that weekend. Sorry.

Maybe New York can get legalized sports betting by March 17th of 2022!!! Wouldn't that be fun? :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Thurman15

Post by Thurman15 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:36 am

Thanks Greg. Do we know what Covid rules there will or won't be at the Bellagio. Absolutely not getting into any political discussion, but we do need to know. Us Canadians will all be vaccinated but I guess that is not relevant. And hey we now have the option of flying or driving. Yahoo !!
Rogers Hornsby, Hall of Famer with the Cardinals was once asked " You love Baseball Rogers, but what do you do in the winter ? " His response......"I stare out the window and wait for spring "

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:59 am

Thurman15 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:36 am
Thanks Greg. Do we know what Covid rules there will or won't be at the Bellagio. Absolutely not getting into any political discussion, but we do need to know. Us Canadians will all be vaccinated but I guess that is not relevant. And hey we now have the option of flying or driving. Yahoo !!
If anyone knows what the world will look like in regards to Covid or anything else by March 31st then they are a better prognosticator than me. But ask anyone who has been at the Bellagio for our NFBC or NFFC drafts in 2021 and they will tell you things went well without a hitch as we expanded the draft U's.

We also don't have a contract with the Bellagio or any Las Vegas hotel yet, but we are talking with the Bellagio right now. They don't commit space to conventions our size until 30 days out, 60 days if we're lucky, so there won't be any announcement there for some time yet. We do have contracts for the Stewart Hotel in New York City and the Northbrook Sheraton in Chicago, however, so we will be returning to both places March 18-20. Hope that helps.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius