NFBC Adds Rotowire.com Player Notes & Injury Reports

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC Adds Rotowire.com Player Notes & Injury Reports

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:01 pm

We're happy to announce that all NFBC Player Cards will now include Rotowire.com Player Notes and all of our Injury Updates will now be powered by Rotowire.com. We still have Rotoworld.com player news as well, so you'll have two sets of notes on each player card.

But we're really excited to add the Rotowire Injury Updates to make them as accurate as possible. We know the red flags are important to our owners and we believe that it was worth the expense to add a site that updates these more regularly than our previous provider. Rotowire also adds a "Return Date" for any injured player, which is a very nice new feature for our site.

We are still adding some of these features, but you should start to see more notes and injury updates today and through the early part of this week. This agreement runs through football as well, so look for added notes and better injury reports in that sport as well. Enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Edwards Kings

Re: NFBC Adds Rotowire.com Player Notes & Injury Reports

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:28 pm

Great Greg! Now if you could just get them to include a card that will notify us something like "Looks good on paper, but will suck swamp water during the year" (i.e. the Eugenio Suarez or Zack Plesac Notify) that would be a real enhancement.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:28 am

Along with the new injury reports, our IT team also made the injury designations more specific as you can now see on your Set Lineup and Free Agent pages. Some descriptions are IL 10 or DTD (Day to Day) for more clarity. We hope this helps your regular decisions. Good luck.

Now, if you have a bench with seven different designations, it's not much fun, but at least it will help a little.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

RobG

Post by RobG » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:32 pm

Thanks Greg…great add!
Rob Giese

Brian Jenner

Post by Brian Jenner » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:48 pm

Awesome news. If the probable pitchers could align with what Rotowire has on their chart, that'd be awesome too.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:36 am

Jackal wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:48 pm
Awesome news. If the probable pitchers could align with what Rotowire has on their chart, that'd be awesome too.
Yeah, I keep seeing HUNTER Harvey as a probable starter in my DC each week. I’m sure it’s supposed to be the other Baltimore Harvey.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Brian Jenner

Post by Brian Jenner » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:54 am

Deadheadz wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:36 am
Jackal wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:48 pm
Yeah, I keep seeing HUNTER Harvey as a probable starter in my DC each week. I’m sure it’s supposed to be the other Baltimore Harvey.
I haven't noticed that with any of my players. But it seems that changes to the Rotowire projected starters take 2-3 days to populate in the NFBC pages, which is a pain for planning FAAB/lineups for the following week.