Will there be a Post-Season Contest this year?

skmetz51

Will there be a Post-Season Contest this year?

Post by skmetz51 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:01 pm

Hi Greg,
I really have enjoyed participating in the post-season contests in the past, always look forward to it, and hope NFBC offers it again this year. The post-season competition is a lot of fun, and I think a lot of us in the community feel the same, but haven't noticed anything on the boards or discussion in the Lobby and am concerned time is running out to get the adequate number of sign-ups to make it viable for all concerned. Is it going to happen? Really hope so. Thanks, Steve Metzler/LetzGoMetz

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Will there be a Post-Season Contest this year?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:01 am

skmetz51 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:01 pm
Hi Greg,
I really have enjoyed participating in the post-season contests in the past, always look forward to it, and hope NFBC offers it again this year. The post-season competition is a lot of fun, and I think a lot of us in the community feel the same, but haven't noticed anything on the boards or discussion in the Lobby and am concerned time is running out to get the adequate number of sign-ups to make it viable for all concerned. Is it going to happen? Really hope so. Thanks, Steve Metzler/LetzGoMetz
Yes. You will see it on Registration Monday or Tuesday.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

fritter

Post by fritter » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:17 am

Hey Greg.........Will us leppers/servants of the tribes here in good ole Connecticut be eligible to participate? Tom Eshenfelder

drl33

Post by drl33 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:04 pm

Hi Greg,

Just wanted to clear up a question I had based on the scoring for the hold em game.

First time player of the game.

For RD1, which sounds like the wild card games(but not 100% sure if they count scoring wise those games)

For example, if I start with Chris Sale and he pitches in the wild card game, do I get his stats from that game?

Or is the purpose of rd1 to hopefully pick guys from teams I think win their wild card game to get x2 points in rd2 and whatever they do in the wild card have no statistical impact on the standings other than just hope they survive to get x2 next round.

Thanks for the help,

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:57 am

drl33 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:04 pm
Hi Greg,

Just wanted to clear up a question I had based on the scoring for the hold em game.

For RD1, which sounds like the wild card games(but not 100% sure if they count scoring wise those games)

For example, if I start with Chris Sale and he pitches in the wild card game, do I get his stats from that game?

Or is the purpose of rd1 to hopefully pick guys from teams I think win their wild card game to get x2 points in rd2 and whatever they do in the wild card have no statistical impact on the standings other than just hope they survive to get x2 next round.

Thanks for the help,
Let me post on the final rules shortly as I was out earlier this week when we launched this contest. We are discussing the Wild Card games now and will update the rules once we've finalized. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

COZ

Post by COZ » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:13 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:57 am
drl33 wrote:
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the help,
Let me post on the final rules shortly as I was out earlier this week when we launched this contest. We are discussing the Wild Card games now and will update the rules once we've finalized. Thanks.
No inclusion of Wildcard game, please. DS, LCS, & WS only. Do not think they have been included in the past. Will allow more time during the week to build interest in the contest & more entries rather than doing everything before Tuesday's first WC game.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:06 am

COZ wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:13 pm
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:57 am
drl33 wrote:
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the help,
No inclusion of Wildcard game, please. DS, LCS, & WS only. Do not think they have been included in the past. Will allow more time during the week to build interest in the contest & more entries rather than doing everything before Tuesday's first WC game.
Your wish is our command!! :lol: You are correct, we included the Wild Card Games in 2016 and fell far short of plan as the turnaround between the end of the season and that first Tuesday game was too quick for people to sign up. We didn't run the contest in 2017 and 2018, eliminated the Wild Card games in 2019 and have sold out the last two years.

No Wild Card Games in 2021 in the NFBC Post-Season contest. Everyone can set their starting lineups by Thursday before the Divisional Series first game and away we go with eight MLB playoff teams to choose players from. We think this is going to be a popular contest this year and any MLB team can win the title in 2021. Good luck all and enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius