RIP Jerry Remy

DOUGHBOYS

RIP Jerry Remy

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:40 pm

I don't do a lot of 'RIP' here. We revere a players greatness, but it is the greatness on the field that we adore. We never really 'know' a player.
With broadcasters, we are inviting them into our homes and we do get the feeling of getting to know them.
I loved listening to Jerry Remy. He 's a throwback in what has become a sea of robotic broadcasters across the country.
Remy was eternally optimistic about the Red Sox, his own health, and day to day life.
He had a story no matter the situation. And that story could have been the same story of something that happened to us in our own lives.
He had become 'a friend' we listened to when tuning into a Red Sox game. Really, he was like us. A fan of the game.
Remy made the Red Sox broadcasts a cut above most other broadcasts.
Not afraid to let Sox fans know when one of their own players screwed up a play, but always doing it in a way that would make listeners chuckle.
I feel fortunate to have listened to him behind the mike.
He was unique. Something that is so missing in the baseball broadcasts of today.
I enjoyed every minute of his broadcasts. There'll never be another like Jerry Remy.
He'll be sorely missed.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!