Belated Congratulations

COZ

Belated Congratulations

Post by COZ » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:00 pm

As we approach Thanksgiving, I would be remiss if I did not take this opportunity to congratulate and express my thankfulness for the sad-sack, sorry -excuse for an MLB franchise otherwise known as the N.Y. Metropolitans. Just for this year alone, let us show our gratitude for the following, not necessarily in chronological order:

1) Setting the MLB record most days (103 days) spent in first place to finish with a losing record;
2) Biggest signing bust in recent memory in Lindor's $341 million contract;
3) Lindor changing his hair colors as often as a girl going through teenage angst because he was "bored";
4) The hiring of new GM Jared Porter and firing him 37 days later in January;
5) The arrest & subsequent firing of acting GM Zack Scott for DUI;
6) Baez & Lindor's thumbs-down celebrations mocking their own fans;
7) Noah "Thor" Syndegaard's epic 2 innings pitched this year, just enough to have Mets' fans salivating like Pavlov's dogs when the bell is rung;
8) Fanboy Owner Steve Cohen & his Tweets;

Thumbs down? I say thumbs UP to this shit show. Not even a ticket to Barnum & Bailey's Circus provides this amount of fun & entertainment.
Steve Cohen stated, “In my initial press conference I spoke about the importance of integrity and I meant it. There should be zero tolerance for this type of behavior.” When it comes to the NY Mets, integrity is not exactly the first word that comes to mind, but clown show certainly does. Congratulations to the NY Mets on their 2021 season, I hope 2022 continues to provide the same amount of entertainment. Signing Javier Baez in the off-season would be a nice cherry on top of this shit-show-sundae. 8-)
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Teufel Hunden

Re: Belated Congratulations

Post by Teufel Hunden » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:27 pm

Great post Coz.

I also applaud your efforts to reduce Lindor’s draft cost. Very subtle :D

COZ

Post by COZ » Mon May 02, 2022 5:30 pm

Given my proclivity for taking cheap shots at the NY Metropolitans, I would be remiss if I did not take this opportunity to congratulate the Mets & their fans on their first no-hitter in franchise history. Although a combined no-hitter, it was a real, no-Adrian Johnson-blown-call-assisted no-hitter nonetheless. Congratulations to the Mets & all their fans on this historical achievement!!! 8-)
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

COZ

Post by COZ » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:56 am

I wonder if Timmy Trumpets does "Taps" too?

COZ

COZ

Post by COZ » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:19 pm

Quite the coup by the Metropolitans landing Carlos Correa in the dead of night. I'm curious whether the Mets brass & medical team will have the same hang up with whatever medical issue the Giants red flagged.

COZ

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:30 am

Congrats to the Mets...they finally got their Christmas wish to out Yankee the Yankees! :lol:
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer