Second NFBC Diamond League Added: Friday, March 25th

Greg Ambrosius

Second NFBC Diamond League Added: Friday, March 25th

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:07 pm

So every year for the high-dollar private leagues like the NFBC Platinum, Diamond and Ultimate leagues, we allow last year's players to have first dibs at spots in those leagues. My feeling has always been that those owners helped us first fill these leagues and they should have first dibs at retaining those spots if they want to return.

I always allow them time to make this decision and that time is through December 31st. And each year, almost every person from the previous year returns to those leagues, leaving us with little to no openings, especially in the Platinum and Diamond Leagues.

This year, EVERYBODY from 2021 returned to the NFBC Platinum League and the NFBC Diamond Draft League. All 15 owners re-upped for both leagues in 2022, which means there were no openings for any new players at those levels.

I know we have multiple people who said they would take a spot if one opened up, so I'm creating a second NFBC Diamond Draft League and we'll see if we can fill it. This one will be held on Friday, March 25th at 11 am PT at the Bellagio and we can take players who can only draft Online. We can mix Live and Online drafters together for this one and I'll have a Zoom link available for those owners if they want to see the proceedings live.

We don't need any payment until mid-February or until this one fills if it fills after that time. Let's just see if there's interest in this live event at $10,000 per team and see if there is interest from enough new players. This second Diamond League is currently on Registration, so let's see what happens.

Thanks all and good luck. Here's the contest link and signup link:

https://nfc.shgn.com/rules/1193
https://nfc.shgn.com/signup/baseball?for=0;1193

Here's the current signup list:

NFBC Diamond Draft League
LAS VEGAS - Bellagio
Friday, March 25th, 11 am PT
1. Glenn Schroter
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius