NY UPDATE: Stewart Hotel's Covid Vaccine Policy (Mandate Has Been Lifted)

Tom Kessenich

NY UPDATE: Stewart Hotel's Covid Vaccine Policy (Mandate Has Been Lifted)

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:12 am

I wanted to let everyone know the update about the Stewart Hotel's policy with regard to vaccine mandates since it has changed since our last event there in 2021. As of now they are requiring everyone to be vaccinated (with two doses Moderna/one dose Johnson & Johnson) if you are going to attend our event. This is a change from our NFFC event last September for those who attended at that time.

This situation continues to be very fluid and there is still plenty of time for things to change between now and our event in March. I will provide any and all updates when I receive them from my contact at the hotel. If you have any specific questions post them here or contact me directly ([email protected]/715 254-5559) and if I don't know the answer I will find out from my contact at the hotel and get back to you with the answer.

Masks are required throughout the hotel but are not mandatory in the ballroom. Since our event is considered a private event masks are at everyone's personal discretion while in the ballroom. This is the same as was handled for the NFFC event last September. If you want to wear a mask feel free to do so but it is not mandatory while in the ballroom.

As far as this thread, please keep all posts to questions about the policy and event only. I realize people have strong feelings pro and con about all of this so I just ask that you keep them private so this thread can focus on the policy and our event itself. Thanks.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

COZ

Re: NY UPDATE: Stewart Hotel's Covid Vaccine Policy

Post by COZ » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:10 pm

**FYI This is merely a post about the Stewart Hotel’s “policy” as well as the “policies,” of NYC and shall in no way be construed as any attack of Sportshub Tech, Inc., the NFBC, it’s affiliates nor it’s agents.
Attachments
85599A1F-B761-4854-B91C-2F7A2A6A7471.jpeg
85599A1F-B761-4854-B91C-2F7A2A6A7471.jpeg (136.86 KiB) Viewed 1725 times
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:38 am

I got more info regarding what needs to be shown to us at the hotel for your vaccination status. This is what must be shown in order to attend the event:

Valid proof of vaccination status, accompanied by identification described below,may be in the form of:
- CDC Vaccination Card (a photo or photocopy is acceptable);
- NYC Vaccination Card or other official immunization records from within or outside of the US including from your
health care provider (a photo or photocopy is acceptable);
- NYC COVID Safe App;
- NYS Excelsior Pass App or similar state App from another state; or
- A photo or hard copy of an official vaccination record of a vaccine administered outside of the U.S. for one of the
following for one of the following vaccines: AstraZeneca/SK Bioscience, Serum Institute of India/COVISHIELD and
Vaxzevria, Sinopharm, or Sinovac (the foregoing approved list is current as of August 14, 2021)

Proof of vaccination for vaccines administered outside the U.S. may be demonstrated by an official immunization record that
includes all of the following:
- First name and last name;
- Date of birth;
- Vaccine product name (ex: AstraZeneca/SK Bioscience);
- Date(s) administered; and
o Site where the vaccine was administered or person who administered the vaccine. Note: for people vaccinated
outside of the U.S., the country of origin may be listed as the site where the vaccine was administered
In addition to proof of vaccination, individuals appearing to be 18 years of age or older must also provide identification bearing the
same identifying information as the proof of vaccination. The identification must confirm that the person requesting entrance is the
same person reflected on the proof of vaccination. Accordingly, the identification must contain either:
- The name of the individual and a photo of the individual; or
- The name of the individual and the individual’s date of birth.
Examples of acceptable forms of identification include but are not limited to:
- Driver’s license;
- Non-driver government ID card;
- IDNYC card;
- Passport;
- School or work ID card; or
- Copies of identification document, including a picture on a mobile device or by using an app like NYC Covid Safe that
allows the individual to display a copy of the document.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:58 am

Keep an eye on the news today because it does look like New York's Governor is going to lift the mask and vax mandate for the state. We will continue to stay in touch with the Stewart Hotel, but this obviously could change things for our live events in five weeks. I know that New York City has its own mandates, but those are updated every five days and we'll see if the new mayor follows suit or not.

Here's the story about today's impending announcement:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/09/nyre ... te-ny.html
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:45 am

NY Mayor Eric Adams said today the city's vaccine mandate could be ending soon. He didn't say when but it could be lifted soon. As soon as we have any further updates we'll post them here.

Again, we ask that all posts in this thread be kept to our event only. Thank you.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:09 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:45 am
NY Mayor Eric Adams said today the city's vaccine mandate could be ending soon. He didn't say when but it could be lifted soon. As soon as we have any further updates we'll post them here.

Again, we ask that all posts in this thread be kept to our event only. Thank you.
We are 3+ weeks away from our live New York City events with no baseball yet and a vax mandate. Somehow, someway, it seems like St. Patrick's Day will be a good day in the City!! ;) Just my prediction. See you in the Big Apple.

Here were his comments (and Kyrie Irving is helping the mayor push it earlier):

https://nypost.com/2022/02/23/eric-adam ... ie-irving/
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:13 pm

NY update: New York City mayor Eric Adams says if "we see no surprises this week" that New York will remove the vaccination requirements for Key2NYC on March 7.

I’ll confirm with my contact but this should That mean there will be no vaccine mandate for our event at the Stewart Hotel.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Re: NY UPDATE: Stewart Hotel's Covid Vaccine Policy (Mandate Has Been Lifted)

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:04 pm

For all those planning on coming to the Stewart Hotel for our live events - the vaccine mandate has been lifted. No more mandate in place for our event.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich