NFBC Adds FAAB Copy List To Pending FAAB Page

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC Adds FAAB Copy List To Pending FAAB Page

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:13 am

Okay, folks, today is a game-changer for MLB fans and for NFBC players. First we're going to get a new CBA later today that will keep MLB's Opening Day on schedule and peace in the National Pastime for the next 5 years. It's going to happen and this dreadful 90-day lockout WILL BE OVER!!!

And then we're going to make your life easier if you play in multiple NFBC FAAB leagues. We know that time is money and that FAAB takes up a lot of your time each week, while also taking some enjoyment out of this great game. But I think our IT department has come up with a solution that will make your Sundays a little better if you run multiple teams.

Today we are unveiling the Copy Bids feature that we believe will save you a lot of time on Sundays. Again, this is on your Pending FAAB page under Transactions. Get used to this Pending FAAB page because this is going to be your friend.

Here's how it works.

1) Go to one of your teams and select the free agents you want for that league. Let's say you created four different FAAB pickups for that league, each consisting of three players and different bids for each player. Find the free agents you want for that league, set the players you are going to drop from your team for each league, set the bid prices for each potential free agent and hit Save. Your work is done for that one team.

2) Now it's possible that you want to pick up many of those same free agents on your other teams, so just go to Transactions > Pending FAAB. For the team you just worked on, in the gray box where the team name is you will see a green box that says "Copy Bids". Just click on that and all four of those bids with all three players will be copied. A box will then pop up that asks you to Select the League you want to copy this list over to. Pick the league and then click on the green COPY button. All of those bids will be inputted for that league.

3) You can copy and paste that original list into as many of your teams that you want. You will have to individually do this for each of your teams, but it will be a process that will take 10 seconds instead of 10 minutes for each league to find all of those guys. At some point, maybe we can have a list with a check box that you will be able to assign that FAAB list to all of those teams you select, but for now this individual process is the safest for us to debut this feature. We certainly don't want to slow down or mess up anything with FAAB at this point, so that's why we're doing it this way. But imagine having 30 NFBC Cutline Championship teams and assigning these free agents to all of these other teams in a matter of 30 clicks. It's a big time saver.

4) Now it's obvious that some of those free agents won't be available in all of your leagues -- and that you will want to change the dollar values for each individual league -- so, yes, you still have some work to do. But for each league the software will tell you which free agents weren't available (It will say "Albert Pujols was not a free agent in this league") and you can then individually delete that bid for that league or add someone else. You would still need to change any dollar values you want, but your initial dollar values will carry over and be saved for you. Right from the Pending FAAB page it will take just one click to go into each of the league's FAAB pages. Also, you may need to change the player that you want to cut for each move, but again, at least you don't have to search in the player pool in each league for the free agents you want when those free agents will be waiting for you with one click from Pending FAAB.

5) This Pending FAAB page also allows you to double check your bid amounts for every league you have bids in. A lot of people have never used this page and it's the easiest way to check your bids before FAAB runs. Always go here before FAAB runs to make sure you didn't err on any of your bid amounts.

It's harder to explain this new feature in type than it is in a video, so Darik and I will create a video later today and post it here and on our YouTube High Stakes Fantasy Network page. Look for that soon.

This feature will be available for all sports and is actually available right now if you already have some drafted FAAB teams. Create a list for one of your teams, go to Pending FAAB under Transactions and Copy that list to another team that you have. You'll see that list show up and you can start to get busy.

Enjoy everyone and hopefully this saves you a lot of time each week. Hmmm, maybe it will even allow you to add one or two more FAAB teams to your season!! :D Enjoy and good luck this season.

Now let me say it for the owners: PLAY BALL!!!!
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Re: NFBC Adds FAAB Copy List To Pending FAAB Page

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:24 am

So here's an example of how I created four FAAB lists of three players each and saved it. The green Copy button is in the upper right on my Pending FAAB page and I just click that.
IMG_2816.jpg
IMG_2816.jpg (136.27 KiB) Viewed 6281 times
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:26 am

I now go To League and pull down the league I want to copy this list to. When I find it I just click on the green Copy button.
IMG_2818.jpg
IMG_2818.jpg (94.45 KiB) Viewed 6280 times
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:32 am

I can then pull down every league I have and copy this list to each league. Then from that page, I can go into each league's FAAB page and see which players might not have been available and also change all of the free agent dollar bids. Again, the key is that you're not searching for all of these free agents in every single league and starting each list from scratch. Deleting some players or changing some players and changing some bid amounts is so much easier than searching for each of these new closers or Starting Pitchers or hitters for each league, right?

Hope this shows you how easy it is and we'll get working on that video soon.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:17 pm

Okay, here is the video that shows you all the great features of our FAAB software, including the new Copy Bids feature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlnsdmJkW20
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:46 am

Just a reminder to please take the time to look at this quick video above if you are going to have multiple teams with FAAB in the NFBC this year. This video will make life so much easier for you on Sundays as you prepare FAAB for multiple teams and it will save you hours upon hours throughout the season. Please check it out and take advantage of the tools we have with the best FAAB system in the industry.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:10 am

Tonight is the first night of FAAB for the 2022 NFBC season. Good luck.

If you have multiple teams, you'll do yourself a favor if you watch the video above. Our new Copy Bids feature will save you a ton of time on Sundays. Take 10 minutes to watch the video and then enjoy more time with your family on Sundays.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:46 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:10 am
Tonight is the first night of FAAB for the 2022 NFBC season. Good luck.

If you have multiple teams, you'll do yourself a favor if you watch the video above. Our new Copy Bids feature will save you a ton of time on Sundays. Take 10 minutes to watch the video and then enjoy more time with your family on Sundays.

What an experience doing FAAB tonight! This new feature has just turned the weekly dreaded grind into an almost pleasurable and stress-free experience! Kudos to Darik and the crack NFBC IT monkeys for getting this done! Evolution is a wonderful thing. :lol: I know myself and I believe others have been pushing for this feature for a couple of years now when Greg started asking for suggestions, and what seemed like a pie-in-the-sky pipe dream is now a reality. I may just have to double up on my Main Event entries next year. Truthfully, I'll do this anyway with all of my overall Main Event winnings, but still. :mrgreen:

"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Chthroop

Post by Chthroop » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:17 pm

Hi, this is fantastic functionality thank you. TBH, I would put also a special copy Icon on the Free Agent Transactions page. I was looking all over for it and didn't think to look on the "Pending Faab" page till I came here and read all the posts...

Great stuff, thanks vm for adding

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:09 am

If you are doing FAAB tonight in the NFBC Cutline Championship and haven't learned how to use the FAAB Copy List yet, please take the time to watch this video above. It will save you a ton of time and will easily allow you to list the free agents you want in each of your leagues.

Trust me, you want to learn how to use this FAAB Copy List if you are in the NFBC Cutline Championship. Check it out. Thanks and good luck tonight.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:17 am

I know that you don't have to do FAAB for another four months, but we just want to let you know that we are continuing to work on this page in order to make it better and save you time during the season. Today we added two new features to the Copy Bids List feature that will already help our NFFC members who are still doing FAAB for two more weeks. Here they are:

1) You can now Copy Bids to multiple teams at once and you can even Copy Bids to all of your teams if you'd like. We no longer are making you individually select each team that you want to Copy those bids to. Just look at the pulldown and copy the bids to whatever teams you want, even if it's all of them.

A blue box will then pop up and tell you which leagues those players aren't available in and you can then individually work on those teams as you see fit. You can x out of that blue box once you have the information you need.

2) We've also added your remaining FAAB budget for each individual team on that Pending FAAB Page. This should help you quickly see how much FAAB you have left for all of your teams.

We are continuing to get suggestions to make this page even better and are working on them now. We always knew this page was a work in progress, but we know that if we can save you hours of FAAB time it will allow you to enjoy the season better and maybe even add a few FAAB leagues this year. Keep the suggestions coming and we'll see if we can implement them.

Thanks all. Now just enjoy the drafting season and don't even think about FAAB for another four months!! :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:58 am

How about a later FAAB deadline?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:28 am

JohnP wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:58 am
Does the NFBC community want an 11 pm ET FAAB Sunday deadline? Our ears are open.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:34 pm

I know it’s been vetoed in the past for time zone reasons and the like but maybe a few things have changed:

- technology has been great. Faab runs in seconds and hardly ever an issue.
- seems like nearly all owners are now setting lineups on Mondays (or Tuesdays) as opposed to many setting after faab runs at 10 pm ET. Information is so much more readily available as to daily lineups and pitching rotations and much of this happens on Monday.
- only one Sunday night game

For me….the added hour or two means an extra hour or two with family, etc. Maybe the same is true for others. Just a suggestion. Thanks for considering.

John

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:29 pm

I've been on the fence about this but I prefer to keep it as is. There are a lot more Monday day games than you'd expect and it would be unfair to those on the East Coast who work Monday mornings.

You always have to check for news on Mondays but I think some people do a first draft of their lineups after FAAB on Sundays.

Also for those that need to wake up early on Mondays it would be unfair if there's news that comes out between 10 and 11 PM ET or if there's a late save opp or injury in the Sunday night game

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:43 pm

Please keep the current 10PM EST FAAB lock.

-East Coast Bias

COZ

Post by COZ » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:35 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:28 am
JohnP wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:58 am
Does the NFBC community want an 11 pm ET FAAB Sunday deadline? Our ears are open.
Yes, please. And thank you. But make it 1:00 AM ET, a time consistent with the overnight pause in DC's.

Efff the East Coast prima donnas. And +1 on what that JohnP guy said. Antiquated & arbitrary deadlines promulgated before the dawn of the information age & the creation of smart phones/tablets should not rule the day. Rather this technology should allow for more, rather than less, flexibility and should allow for a later FAAB deadline to accomodate more people, more time zones, & more importantly different Sunday schedules. The technology afforded by smartphones/tablets further includes much more mobility in setting of line-ups on Mondays, even for early Monday games. The I-need-to-set-my-lineups-before-going-beddy-bye on Sunday has been the oft-cited rationale for the earlier FAAB run on Sundays. It’s high time to call BS on that or at least to quit pandering to the least tech savvy denominator. Plus once we get the IT fix to search for early games on the Set Lineup page this further enhances the ease of Monday lineup setting and further deligitimizes the argument that one must have a Sunday FAAB deadline early enough to have a FAAB run AND enough time to set all line-ups before beddy-bye. The fact is all serious players are setting line-ups on Mondays and it’s time to quit pretending lineups are being finalized on Sundays after a FAAB run. 8-)
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:31 am

Philippe27 wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:29 pm
I've been on the fence about this but I prefer to keep it as is. There are a lot more Monday day games than you'd expect and it would be unfair to those on the East Coast who work Monday mornings.

You always have to check for news on Mondays but I think some people do a first draft of their lineups after FAAB on Sundays.

Also for those that need to wake up early on Mondays it would be unfair if there's news that comes out between 10 and 11 PM ET or if there's a late save opp or injury in the Sunday night game
The Wardog agrees with the 2021 Champ, please keep as is.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:15 am

OH BOY!!!

OH BOY!!!

OH BOY!!!

We are working on a new feature for the Pending FAAB page that will save you multiple hours per week if you have multiple teams this year. This is the breakthrough you've been waiting for and one we weren't sure was possible.

But it is now possible, thanks to our great IT team!!! :D

This is going to be huge for NFBC and NFFC FAAB leagues, so stay tuned. We are working on this now and will create another video to show you exactly how this works when it is done, but we are positive this is going to be game changer on the Pending FAAB Page. You're going to love it!!!

Stay tuned, but get ready to save some time each Sunday night!! I'm telling you, this is going to be a difference maker for everyone in multiple FAAB leagues. We can't wait to showcase it. Coming soon!!!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:29 am

I guess what I'm saying is that rather than debate an extra hour of FAAB time on Sunday we're doing everything we can to save you HOURS on Sunday. We think this can be done with an upgrade to two features on the Pending FAAB page. Let's keep the FAAB deadline at 10 pm ET and give us some time to prove that this new feature will make that feasible. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:04 am

IT IS DONE!!!

We have finally discovered -- or rather, we have finally created -- the PERFECT FAAB tool. Darik and I will create a video to show how this new FAAB tool is going to work, but we are convinced that this is going to be a game-changer in the fantasy sports industry. We believe that this will save hours and hours per week in FAAB time for people who have multiple teams AND make playing fantasy baseball/football/basketball/hockey more ENJOYABLE.

It's a game-changer, folks, trust me.

You will see how it works once we unveil the video, but the concept is so easy that I'll explain it here first. We believe that you will now be able to do MOST of your weekly FAAB for ALL OF YOUR TEAMS on one page. No more jumping from league to league or searching for individual free agents for every single team. We've made all of this so much easier.

Here's how it's going to work:

There are two key aspects of this that you need to familiarize yourself with: Player WatchList and Pending FAAB page. Those two areas will make this work for you.

Let's say you have 10 FAAB teams and they are a combination of 12-team and 15-team leagues. Put all the players you might want to pick up among those teams on your Player Watch List. You don't even need to know if they are available or not; just load your Player Watch List with every conceivable player you want to pick up this week and save it. Your Player Watch List will save you time.

Then go to your Pending FAAB page under Transactions. There you will click the green Import Watchlist button. A box will pop up with the list of potential free agents you want and a list of every FAAB team you own. You can then select any or all of the players you want to possibly bid on and you can select any or all of the teams you want to search for them on.

Let's click all of the players I'm looking for on all of the FAAB teams I have.
Then onto the next team, while STAYING ON THE PENDING FAAB PAGE!! You really don't need to leave this page now.

You still have to edit the dollar bids for every free agent you want and if you want more players for your conditional bids you'll likely have to go back to that league's FAAB page, but searching for the top free agents you want for every league can now be done in one swoop using your Player Watch List and the Pending FAAB page. Your remaining FAAB budget for each individual team is also on this Pending FAAB page. The Copy Bids feature is also on this page and those bids can be attached to any of your other teams right from that page.

BOOM!!! In a second the software loads all the available players you wanted in all of the FAAB leagues you requested. A blue box also opens at the top of the page describing each player that wasn't available in every league. The players who are available in every league are now listed individually below.

NO MORE SEARCHING FOR INDIVIDUAL FREE AGENTS IN EVERY LEAGUE!!!

Now, close out of the blue box and for every individual league I click on the green Edit button. That's where I select which player from my roster I want to drop for each player I want to pick up. I can also set the dollar amount for each free agent I want from that page and the waterfall still works like it does on the individual FAAB page. You can also choose "drop players" from here now as well. All the tools are there for you to adjust your FAAB bids from the Pending FAAB page. Save your edited drops and dollar values for that individual league and you are done.

We really think this will be a time-saver for everyone who has multiple NFBC or NFFC teams. Last year was the first step in improving the FAAB page with our Copy Bids feature, but this next addition -- which all credit goes to our IT department and in particular John Jochum -- is next level. This should allow you to target the key free agents you are looking for and add them in seconds rather than hours.

We have fully tested it and it will be ready for the upcoming baseball season. In fact, it likely will be available for you to test out once we start getting FAAB teams like the Rotowire Online Championship drafted. You're going to love it.

Again, look for the video in a couple of days and then give us your feedback. Let us know if this is the Holy Grail of time saving for you or if we can add even more to this. Your feedback is what spurred this innovation, so we look forward to even more feedback. Thanks all and let's get ready for the best season in our NFBC history. Can't wait.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius