Re: Mariners Release Daniel Ponce de Leon

COZ

Post by COZ » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:13 pm

What was seemingly a perfect match between team & plyer, it's really unchartered waters now for DPdL after his release from the Mariners as he navigates his new found free agency and explores all his options. Hopefully he discovers a new landing spot soon. I wish him well on his journey. 8-)
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:00 pm

Well done.
Choppy waters have been a cruel lady to him. Time is running out for Poncedeleon.
I hope he finds that elusive fountain of youth.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

COZ

Post by COZ » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:56 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:00 pm
Well done.
Choppy waters have been a cruel lady to him. Time is running out for Poncedeleon.
I hope he finds that elusive fountain of youth.
I was half-expecting a channeling of your inner Hawk Harrelson...."(COSLEY) That is so bad. That is absolutely BRUTAL!"

Hopefully DPdP can "discover" a new pitch & resurrect the sinking ship that is his career. :lol:
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:22 pm

After treading water in search of a new land, DPdl has schoonered his way to the nation's capitol (Land of de Soto).
A good landing spot for him. Prospects for a good future are plentiful on the horizon.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Teufel Hunden

Post by Teufel Hunden » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:50 pm

With the Nationals expectation being lower I think he will have a lot more latitude to stop his current descent. Word around the galley is that he has indeed been working on a new pitch Coz, a sinker. Not sure how it will play in Washington though, the summer trade winds tend to carry everything over the port field fence.

COZ

Post by COZ » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:56 am

Teufel Hunden wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:50 pm
With the Nationals expectation being lower I think he will have a lot more latitude to stop his current descent. Word around the galley is that he has indeed been working on a new pitch Coz, a sinker. Not sure how it will play in Washington though, the summer trade winds tend to carry everything over the port field fence.
https://tenor.com/view/ron-swanson-park ... -21561340
COZ