NFBC To Add New Pending FAAB Tool For 2023

Post Reply
User avatar
Greg Ambrosius
Posts: 39150
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:00 pm
Contact:

NFBC To Add New Pending FAAB Tool For 2023

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:26 am

IT IS DONE!!!

We have finally discovered -- or rather, we have finally created -- the PERFECT FAAB tool. Darik and I will create a video to show everyone how this new FAAB tool is going to work, but we are convinced that this is going to be a game-changer in the fantasy sports industry. We believe that this will save hours and hours per week in FAAB time for people who have multiple teams AND make playing fantasy baseball/football/basketball/hockey more ENJOYABLE.

It's a game-changer, folks, trust me.

You will see how it works once we unveil the video, but the concept is so easy that I'll explain it here first. We believe that you will now be able to do MOST of your weekly FAAB for ALL OF YOUR TEAMS on one page. No more jumping from league to league or searching for individual free agents for every single team. We've made all of this so much easier.

Here's how it's going to work:

There are two key aspects of this that you need to familiarize yourself with: Player Watch List and Pending FAAB page. Those two areas will make this work for you.

Let's say you have 10 FAAB teams and they are a combination of 12-team and 15-team leagues. Put all the players you might want to pick up among those teams on your Player Watch List. You don't even need to know if they are available or not; just load your Player Watch List with every conceivable player you want to pick up this week and save it. Your Player Watch List will save you time.

Then go to your Pending FAAB page under Transactions. There you will click the green Import Watchlist button. A box will pop up with the list of potential free agents you want and a list of every FAAB team you own. You can then select any or all of the players you want to possibly bid on and you can select any or all of the teams you want to search for them on.

Let's click all of the players I'm looking for on all of the FAAB teams I have.

BOOM!!! In a second the software loads all the available players you wanted in all of the FAAB leagues you requested. A blue box also opens at the top of the page describing each player that wasn't available in every league. The players who are available in every league are now listed individually below.

NO MORE SEARCHING FOR INDIVIDUAL FREE AGENTS IN EVERY LEAGUE!!!

Now, close out of the blue box and for every individual league I click on the green Edit button. That's where I select which player from my roster I want to drop for each player I want to pick up. I can also set the dollar amount for each free agent I want from that page and the waterfall still works like it does on the individual FAAB page. You can also choose "drop players" from here now as well. All the tools are there for you to adjust your FAAB bids from the Pending FAAB page. Save your edited drops and dollar values for that individual league and you are done.

Then onto the next team, while STAYING ON THE PENDING FAAB PAGE!! You really don't need to leave this page now.

You still have to edit the dollar bids for every free agent you want and if you want more players for your conditional bids you'll likely have to go back to that league's FAAB page, but searching for the top free agents you want for every league can now be done in one swoop using your Player Watch List and the Pending FAAB page. Your remaining FAAB budget for each individual team is also on this Pending FAAB page. The Copy Bids feature is also on this page and those bids can be attached to any of your other teams right from that page.

We really think this will be a time-saver for everyone who has multiple NFBC or NFFC teams. Last year was the first step in improving the FAAB page with our Copy Bids feature, but this next addition -- which all credit goes to our IT department and in particular John Jochum -- is next level. This should allow you to target the key free agents you are looking for and add them in seconds rather than hours.

We have fully tested it and it will be ready for the upcoming baseball season. In fact, it likely will be available for you to test out once we start getting FAAB teams like the Rotowire Online Championship drafted. You're going to love it.

Again, look for the video in a couple of days and then give us your feedback. Let us know if this is the Holy Grail of time saving for you or if we can add even more features to this. Your feedback is what spurred this innovation, so we look forward to even more feedback. Thanks all and let's get ready for the best season in our NFBC history. Can't wait.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

User avatar
Greg Ambrosius
Posts: 39150
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: NFBC To Add New Pending FAAB Tool For 2023

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:19 am

Okay, the informational video is done for the new Pending FAAB tool. Here it is:

https://youtu.be/F-Xn2uA382Y

The new Pending FAAB tool is tested and ready to go. In fact, NFFC owners will be able to check it out for Saturday's last FAAB deadline. Play with it and let us know what you think.

All feedback is welcome here (on the new FAAB tool, not the way Darik and I look on video!!!). Please provide feedback here and via email. Thanks all and enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

JohnP
Posts: 624
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: NFBC To Add New Pending FAAB Tool For 2023

Post by JohnP » Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:11 pm

I guess I will be the first to reply on this. There is a lot to like here. The Pending Faab page has always been a great spot to go prior to deadline for a final look at your bids. More than once I have caught multiple same drops on a league, etc. Now showing the FAAB balance as well is great. Love that. The ability to quickly edit from that page as well which includes the waterfall feature - super! I will use that a lot.

The one area where I personally see difficulty is still the process of going from watch list to pending faab. First of all, I am a huge proponent of the Watch List page. I use that so much. I think it is a great tool. I have talked to others that don't use it all. We all have our own of doing FAAB. I'm not trying to diminish anyone's process nor make my process or suggestions seem better than others. For me...I would like to be able to filter the watch list and then apply that to each team. Example - I want to filter my watch list for all pitchers (ideally we would have the ability to filter for type of pitcher...currently all called "p") and then export that watch list of pitchers to each league (or import entire list per video but then have ability to filter by position before applying to each league). Seldom, if ever, do I ever have a string of hitters and pitchers together. Seldom do I ever have a string of OF mixed with CI. Generally you start on the team page and first identify the drop candidate(s) and then you plug in a string of that position to replace said drop. I think same applies to football. If you know you have Stafford on a bunch of leagues....you will be wanting a queue of QBs and would like to do that via a filter as opposed to just checking the ones that are QBs.

Taking it a step further....would love to be able to do a 15 team watch list and a 12 team watch list. Not sure if / how that would be possible. Generally I start with the 15 teamers and then I knock down the watch list for the 12s by taking many off and then doing the 12 team FAAB. I might be alone on all of the above...which is fine! What you have created is undoubtedly an improvement already.

A lot of great stuff here. Love the passion to make the best FAAB system in the world even better. Also appreciate the forum to comment and make suggestions! Thank you!

Philippe27
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:18 am

Re: NFBC To Add New Pending FAAB Tool For 2023

Post by Philippe27 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:40 pm

I agree with about everything John said. I think it'll be a huge timesaver for those with 10+ teams, for cutline it's a game changer, for everything else it depends on your process. Anyone who already uses the watchlist throughout the week (I don't personally) will save some time but as John said it would be even better if we had the ability to either filter the watch list when adding to teams or have multiple watch lists that we can rename ourselves. Having watch lists that we can call Two start pitchers, Injured stashes, stream hitters and so on would make a big difference.

User avatar
Greg Ambrosius
Posts: 39150
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: NFBC To Add New Pending FAAB Tool For 2023

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:59 am

JohnP wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:11 pm
I guess I will be the first to reply on this. There is a lot to like here. The Pending Faab page has always been a great spot to go prior to deadline for a final look at your bids. More than once I have caught multiple same drops on a league, etc. Now showing the FAAB balance as well is great. Love that. The ability to quickly edit from that page as well which includes the waterfall feature - super! I will use that a lot.

The one area where I personally see difficulty is still the process of going from watch list to pending faab. First of all, I am a huge proponent of the Watch List page. I use that so much. I think it is a great tool. I have talked to others that don't use it all. We all have our own of doing FAAB. I'm not trying to diminish anyone's process nor make my process or suggestions seem better than others. For me...I would like to be able to filter the watch list and then apply that to each team. Example - I want to filter my watch list for all pitchers (ideally we would have the ability to filter for type of pitcher...currently all called "p") and then export that watch list of pitchers to each league (or import entire list per video but then have ability to filter by position before applying to each league). Seldom, if ever, do I ever have a string of hitters and pitchers together. Seldom do I ever have a string of OF mixed with CI. Generally you start on the team page and first identify the drop candidate(s) and then you plug in a string of that position to replace said drop. I think same applies to football. If you know you have Stafford on a bunch of leagues....you will be wanting a queue of QBs and would like to do that via a filter as opposed to just checking the ones that are QBs.

Taking it a step further....would love to be able to do a 15 team watch list and a 12 team watch list. Not sure if / how that would be possible. Generally I start with the 15 teamers and then I knock down the watch list for the 12s by taking many off and then doing the 12 team FAAB. I might be alone on all of the above...which is fine! What you have created is undoubtedly an improvement already.

A lot of great stuff here. Love the passion to make the best FAAB system in the world even better. Also appreciate the forum to comment and make suggestions! Thank you!
Thanks for the feedback here Champ. Much appreciated.

So it looks like you are requesting a customized Watch List, which makes sense. So let me ask IT about this and see what they say.

It seems like you are asking for a Watch List that allows you to tag all the players you are possibly interested in. Then within your Watch List, we would allow you to create subsets and have them appear like your My Teams. You could create "Pitchers" or "Quarterbacks" or "Main Event" or something like that. Seems like that makes sense. Not sure if it's doable, but it's a great suggestion and one that we'll throw toward IT and see what they say.

I'll let you know. And yes, we are NEVER satisfied with the FAAB page. We know that's the biggest hurdle to people doing more teams and enjoying season-long fantasy sports more. We're improving it through suggestions from our customers and this is another good suggestion. Let's see what the programmers say.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

User avatar
Greg Ambrosius
Posts: 39150
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: NFBC To Add New Pending FAAB Tool For 2023

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:05 am

So I don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but IT agrees with John. They agree that a customizable Watch List is a good idea. They love the idea of multiple Watch Lists. Maybe we can start with a filter for your Watch Lists by position and then advance from there. Adding filters after we create the position filters seems doable, so let's get to that point first.

We are on it. Thanks again for the great suggestion and honestly keep 'em coming.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Darik B
Posts: 775
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:54 pm

Re: NFBC To Add New Pending FAAB Tool For 2023

Post by Darik B » Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:43 am

Please note that anyone replying is volunteering to be in the next FAAB video :lol:

As Greg said, thanks for the feedback...

telestar
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Re: NFBC To Add New Pending FAAB Tool For 2023

Post by telestar » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:22 am

I'd like to compliment Greg/Darik/Tom and the NFBC for staying on the cutting edge - this idea should really help and I like the suggestion of being able to filter the pending FAAB as mentioned. You guys are great and I would do the video but only if Darik was the host as he is the big draw.
:)

User avatar
Greg Ambrosius
Posts: 39150
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: NFBC To Add New Pending FAAB Tool For 2023

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:04 pm

telestar wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:22 am
I'd like to compliment Greg/Darik/Tom and the NFBC for staying on the cutting edge - this idea should really help and I like the suggestion of being able to filter the pending FAAB as mentioned. You guys are great and I would do the video but only if Darik was the host as he is the big draw.
:)
So you're saying that Darik is the BRAD PITT of NFBC videos? :lol: Really? That's a face only his mother could love!! :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

User avatar
Greg Ambrosius
Posts: 39150
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: NFBC To Add New Pending FAAB Tool For 2023

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:00 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:05 am
So I don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but IT agrees with John. They agree that a customizable Watch List is a good idea. They love the idea of multiple Watch Lists. Maybe we can start with a filter for your Watch Lists by position and then advance from there. Adding filters after we create the position filters seems doable, so let's get to that point first.

We are on it. Thanks again for the great suggestion and honestly keep 'em coming.
Okay, we are finalizing the customizable Watch List that John requested. Our IT guys dove into this and liked the idea right away. We have created filters that will allow you to set up separate Watch Lists by position and to save those. More details to come soon.

Oh boy, this means another video needs to be cut to showcase this new feature!! Get yourself prettied up Darik, you're on camera again this week!! :lol: We'll post the video once it's done. Thanks all for the suggestions.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Post Reply