The History Of The NFBC Podcast: Monday, 8 pm ET

Greg Ambrosius

The History Of The NFBC Podcast: Monday, 8 pm ET

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:09 am

Okay, I apologize for not continuing the High Stakes Fantasy Podcast since August, but a few things got in the way this off-season and the next thing you knew it was 2023. My bad.

But I want to get them rolling again and build up some excitement for 2023, the NFBC's 20th anniversary season. I plan on interviewing some of our NFBC Charter Members and get their recollections from those early years, while also weaving in some podcasts with our 2022 national champions. It's going to be a busy schedule and if I have to do a couple of podcasts per week to catch up, I will.

My first one will be on Monday, January 23rd at 8 pm ET. I'll do this one live and I'll do it solo, so it should be interesting. I've never explained how the NFBC first got started in the Fall of 2023 or how I came up with the rules to the 15-team format in 2022 and almost partnered with WCOFF. I think we have a unique history and I look forward to explaining it. I may have a couple of beers while doing it, but go ahead and join me!!! :lol:

In fact, I'll take questions on the air, so feel free to type in some comments or questions in the Chat and I'll post them. This history lesson will include:

* The launch of the NFBC in 2004 (and almost in 2003)
* Getting STATS to work with us when nobody else would
* The sale of the fantasy sports division to Liberty Media in 2009
* Me buying the high-stakes games from Liberty in 2011
* Me selling the high-stakes games to STATS in 2011
* STATS selling our high-stakes games to SportsHub Technologies in 2016
* Creations of Draft Champions, Online Championship, Cutline, Gladiator contests
* The software: Then and now
* The future of high-stakes fantasy games - it's not a given it survives

I'll try to be informative and not boring, but that's where the beer comes into play!! :lol: Come join me on Monday night and then expect a few interviews to follow each week and through early March. Should be fun as we lead into our 20th anniversary season. Thanks to everyone who helped us get this far and here's to 20 more good years.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Re: The History Of The NFBC Podcast: Monday, 8 pm ET

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:43 pm

Okay, if you have some free time tonight join me on our YouTube High Stakes Fantasy Sports Network Channel as I recount the first 20 years of the NFBC. Bring a beer with you because I'll have one!!! Here you go:

https://tinyurl.com/yc3tb3uz

I'll likely livestream it on my Twitter feed as well.

On Thursday at 7 pm ET, I'll be talking with Bob Cramutola, our 2022 NFBC Main Event champion. I've never met Bob before, so I look forward to getting to know him as much as you folks do. Should be a fun couple of days in front of the camera!! See you there.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Re: The History Of The NFBC Podcast: Monday, 8 pm ET

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:59 pm

Feel free to watch the podcast here:

https://youtu.be/6rkPRMR9sDE

I apologize to all of you who made posts in the Chat Room. I forgot to post them at the end. I wish I had. Sorry about that.

Anyway, grab a beer and go down Memory Lane with me on the NFBC History.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius