KDS preferences on Stats

KJ Duke

KDS preferences on Stats

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:06 am

The setup on Stats for choosing KDS seems backwards to me.

They show as follows (with pulldown menu under preferences).

Draft Position ... Preferences

------------- ----------

The logical way to set this up, to me anyway, would be to hardwire the preferences on the left and have pulldown menu for putting in preferred draft position on the right.

In this way, when you read down the list of preferences, it is in the same order that everyone mails in their preferences, i.e., I want slot 1-8-7-9-6-10-11-5-4-3-2-12-15-14-13.

As is it currently listed by STATS, it is confusing, and will probably lead to a lot of people inputting their preference incorrectly (which I actually did, until noticing my error on a final checkover). I'm pretty sure I screwed this up in baseball too, and didn't notice it then, because I got stuck with one of my last preferences which was actually listed very high by almost everyone else. I think a few other people suspected KDS was wrong too from baseball, likely for this same reason.

[ July 02, 2007, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Greg Ambrosius

KDS preferences on Stats

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:20 am

Yes, this will be changed for 2008 in the NFBC. It will appear just like the NFFC does now, where there is just one column called Preferences and you rank 1-14 in order there. There is no need for two columns and we've already admitted this is done poorly and has confused NFBC owners. I apologize.

Just match up your preferences correctly this time and we'll blow it up. Sound good?
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

KJ Duke

KDS preferences on Stats

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:42 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Yes, this will be changed for 2008 in the NFBC. It will appear just like the NFFC does now, where there is just one column called Preferences and you rank 1-14 in order there. There is no need for two columns and we've already admitted this is done poorly and has confused NFBC owners. I apologize.

Just match up your preferences correctly this time and we'll blow it up. Sound good? Thanks Greg! I thought there was some discussion on this previously but didn't remember exactly what it was or the outcome.

Surrender Dorothy

KDS preferences on Stats

Post by Surrender Dorothy » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:13 am

This usability issue screwed me up in all 5 (yes - five) of my NFBC drafts over the past two years. I could not for the life of me figure out how I ended up drafting where I did in those leagues.

It wasn't until the last satellite draft this year where I ended up with a top KDS selection but still ended up drafting 9th that I figured out what was wrong.