NFBC Returns To The Mirage Las Vegas For 2024 Live Events

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC Returns To The Mirage Las Vegas For 2024 Live Events

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:23 am

We are happy to report that the NFBC will be returning to the Mirage Las Vegas for Live Events in 2024. We have convention space reserved for live drafts and auctions from Wednesday, March 20th through Wednesday, March 27th as we hope to extend this into a full-week of live events.

This could be a special, special time in Las Vegas if you can take extended time to join us. The First Weekend of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament is March 21-24 with games starting on Thursday, March 21st at 8 am PT. There will also be two MLB regular season games March 20th and 21st as the Dodgers and Padres kick off the season in the Seoul Series in South Korea. All 30 MLB teams will kick off Opening Day on Thursday, March 28th, with Sweet Sixteen NCAA games also starting on Thursday, March 28th.

In other words, if you can stay for the whole time you will have plenty of action taking place all around you!!! Come for the NCAA play-in games starting on Tuesday, March 19th and then stay for the start of the MLB 2024 season the next weekend. During that time, you'll be able to fit in some NFBC drafts and auctions into the mix and you'll have the time of your life!!! It's going to be a week to remember.

We have the Mirage's Grand Ballroom reserved once again for the Saturday Main Event drafts on March 23rd. Last year we had 8 NFBC Main Event leagues going at once and we certainly have room for one or two more leagues in that big ballroom. We also have the Grand Stage again and will bring up all of our past national champions and Hall of Famers to the Stage of Champions. We'll celebrate the past and then add new champions that day. Can't Wait!! :D

We are still working on the Schedule of Events, but we expect to kick off the live events on Wednesday night, March 20th with a Main Event league and an Auction Championship league. We'll have drafts available on Thursday as well and then continue with our Friday through Sunday schedules like in the past. Last year we filled a Monday morning $1500 Auction Championship league that was great fun and we know we'll fill that one again. Then look for Main Event leagues at 4 pm on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, while adding in other live events as well. Let's take advantage of the great space we have at the Mirage and have some fun.

We have a room block at the Mirage just for our NFBC attendees and I'll post details of that soon. We are guaranteeing a pretty big room block to secure all of this great space, so we hope many of you will stay at our host hotel. We know you have your choice of places to stay in Las Vegas, but if you book under our room block I believe you'll get a great rate and be helping us out, while also making it very easy to attend all of our live events. Thanks.

And we already have FABULOUS space for a Friday night party again. Last year was so much fun when we reserved the Portofino restaurant and we had close to 100 people attend that gathering. The Portofino restaurant has been changed into a different venue now, so we can't repeat that night, but we have even BETTER space this year. We have reserved the second floor of the Capri Lounge and can host 100+ attendees up there. Look for more details on that event, but set your Friday night aside because you won't want to miss this party with fellow NFBC competitors.

It's our 21st anniversary season in the NFBC and I promise it's going to be bigger and better than ever before. We have decided not to return to New York City this year, so the options this year are between Las Vegas and Online. With the extended time in Las Vegas, we believe we can more than make up the five leagues that we had in New York City last year. We wish we could continue hosting live events in New York City, but the lack of participation since 2021 has made the decision an easy one. Now it's time to grow Las Vegas and make it bigger and better for everyone who takes the time to travel for our live events.

Look for more details on Las Vegas throughout the off-season and get those flights reserved early. With our live events coinciding with March Madness in Las Vegas, flights and hotel rooms will only get more expensive as the off-season goes on. Plan ahead, stay at the Mirage with us and then secure those spots in the Las Vegas Live Events because we're going to sell everything out. Thanks all and enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Philippe27

Re: NFBC Returns To The Mirage Las Vegas For 2024 Live Events

Post by Philippe27 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:49 am

Awesome news Greg! Now work on getting us some power to plug in our laptops for those drafts :D

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:03 pm

Philippe27 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:49 am
Awesome news Greg! Now work on getting us some power to plug in our laptops for those drafts :D
Agree!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:27 pm

JohnP wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:03 pm
Philippe27 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:49 am
Agree!
As you guys know, in those big ballrooms with the sliding walls there are no power outlets on those walls. And each ballroom has those sliding walls. We are at the mercy of the ballrooms and if only the other side can use outlets then it's not fair. We can try to add a power strip on the inside of the U's where the projectors and laptops are, but even that gets tough and it's impossible to get everyone hooked up.

Bring strong laptop batteries and power up during the breaks. If the outlets aren't there for everyone then it's not fair for everyone. I think we all know how hard it was to find spare outlets last year in those Mirage ballrooms and I don't think much will change this year. It's a great setup in great space, but power outlets weren't easily accessible or available and it likely won't change this year.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:58 am

As I stated above, we are very excited to be returning to the Mirage Las Vegas and we are extending the live events from Wednesday, March 20th to Wednesday, March 27th. With the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament starting on Thursday morning, March 21st and MLB Opening Day/NCAA Sweet Sixteen happening on Thursday, March 28th, we think there's a shot to host live events for eight straight days.

So let's give it a shot and see what happens. Also, with Las Vegas now being the only live events venue in 2024, we think more people will come to Las Vegas and hopefully more will be looking for an extended stay of events.

I've put together a tentative Schedule of Events, but I'm looking for feedback and input from each of you. If you see a time spot that could use a contest or if you have ideas for what else we could add, just let me know. I actually have ballrooms all day for all eight days and if we want to host a live Cutline or Rotowire Online Championship we can do it just to get together and have fun. Nothing is off the table those last days leading up to MLB Opening Day, so let's get creative and have fun.

Okay, here's the tentative schedule and tell us what else you'd like to see:

2024 NFBC Las Vegas

Wednesday, March 20, 2024
4 pm PT - $1500 Auction Championship
4 pm PT – Main Event

Thursday, March 21, 2024
10 am PT - $1500 Auction Championship
4 pm PT - $2500 Auction Championship
4 pm PT – Main Event

Friday, March 22, 2024
10 am PT - $2500 Auction Championship
$750 Rotowire Online Championship Live
4 pm PT – Ultimate Auction
4 pm PT - $750 Rotowire Online Championship Live
4 pm PT – Solo Shot Live
9 pm PT - NFBC Party in Capri Lounge

Saturday, March 23, 2024
11 am PT – Main Event
4 pm PT – Platinum League
4 pm PT – MTM Ultimate League
4 pm PT – Super League
4 pm PT – Solo Shot

Sunday, March 24, 2024
10 am PT – Main Event
10 am PT – Diamond Auction
4 pm PT – Main Event
4 pm PT – Diamond League
4 pm PT – Super League

Monday, March 25, 2024
4 pm PT – Main Event

Tuesday, March 26, 2024
10 am PT - Rotowire Online Championship Live
4 pm PT – Main Event

Wednesday, March 27, 2024
4 pm PT – Main Event
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:54 am

What is this solo shot good sir, you can’t tease us like that.

PullHitter43

Post by PullHitter43 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:21 pm

Load up Monday with lots of options. Have people drive the interest when the see there can be several ways they can go. Add a 2.5K Auction option. Maybe another Ultimate Auction at some point in the week?
Phil - we can get the power to the people. After 15 years in the trade show industry setting up conventions, showrooms and keynotes, I will make sure we get it done somehow.

PullHitter43

Post by PullHitter43 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:35 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:58 am
As I stated above, we are very excited to be returning to the Mirage Las Vegas and we are extending the live events from Wednesday, March 20th to Wednesday, March 27th. With the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament starting on Thursday morning, March 21st and MLB Opening Day/NCAA Sweet Sixteen happening on Thursday, March 28th, we think there's a shot to host live events for eight straight days.

So let's give it a shot and see what happens. Also, with Las Vegas now being the only live events venue in 2024, we think more people will come to Las Vegas and hopefully more will be looking for an extended stay of events.

I've put together a tentative Schedule of Events, but I'm looking for feedback and input from each of you. If you see a time spot that could use a contest or if you have ideas for what else we could add, just let me know. I actually have ballrooms all day for all eight days and if we want to host a live Cutline or Rotowire Online Championship we can do it just to get together and have fun. Nothing is off the table those last days leading up to MLB Opening Day, so let's get creative and have fun.

Okay, here's the tentative schedule and tell us what else you'd like to see:

2024 NFBC Las Vegas

Wednesday, March 20, 2024
4 pm PT – Main Event

Thursday, March 21, 2024
4 pm PT – Main Event

Friday, March 22, 2024
10 am PT - $2500 Auction Championship
$750 Rotowire Online Championship Live
4 pm PT – Ultimate Auction
4 pm PT - $750 Rotowire Online Championship Live
4 pm PT – Solo Shot Live
9 pm PT - NFBC Party in Capri Lounge

Saturday, March 23, 2024
11 am PT – Main Event
4 pm PT – Platinum League
4 pm PT – MTM Ultimate League
4 pm PT – Super League
4 pm PT – Solo Shot

Sunday, March 24, 2024
10 am PT – Main Event
10 am PT – Diamond Auction
4 pm PT – Main Event
4 pm PT – Diamond League
4 pm PT – Super League

Monday, March 25, 2024
4 pm PT – Main Event

Tuesday, March 26, 2024
10 am PT - Rotowire Online Championship Live
4 pm PT – Main Event

Wednesday, March 27, 2024
4 pm PT – Main Event
I am super excited for my 2nd year in Vegas. What a special bunch! Grateful for everyone involved. Cheers!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:57 am

Wolfpac wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:54 am
What is this solo shot good sir, you can’t tease us like that.
It's still a work in progress, but we've always liked the idea of a single-entry national baseball championship. It's extremely popular in football and we've sold that contest out almost every year since 2019. We're still exploring if it has merit in baseball and if it does then we'll host live and online drafts, while starting with conservative numbers to get this off the ground. Stay tuned.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:01 am

PullHitter43 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:21 pm
Load up Monday with lots of options. Have people drive the interest when the see there can be several ways they can go. Add a 2.5K Auction option. Maybe another Ultimate Auction at some point in the week?
Phil - we can get the power to the people. After 15 years in the trade show industry setting up conventions, showrooms and keynotes, I will make sure we get it done somehow.
This is what I'm looking for. We can add to the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday lineup if more people are staying than expected. There's no doubt that we are filling that Monday 10 am $1500 Auction Championship League again as that group was fantastic, we got done in 3 hours and 25 minutes, and the league was incredibly competitive. I'm confident most of those guys will be back again. But we can add to that one and more as we have multiple rooms for all three days. Keep the suggestions coming and we'll build out the schedule.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:15 am

Last year we had a great Friday Night Party that Mike Massotto organized and it included the Midnight Madness Rotowire Online Championship league draft. That party was held in the Portofino Restaurant at the Mirage and was ideal with an open bar in the front and a big foyer in the back.

Unfortunately, that restaurant has been remodeled and is now being used by the Mirage for other purposes. It's not available to us this year.

However, we do have a new area that we have reserved for the Friday Night Party. It is the Capri Lounge and you can look at it here:

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/Capri%20Lounge%20Event%20Guide%202022-1.pdf

We are still negotiating on costs with the Mirage, but I will have more details soon. This would be from 9-midnight PT on Friday, March 22nd and would include a cover charge to take care of food and drinks during that time. Last year we had 95 attendees and I suspect we could get even more people to attend this year with this elaborate space.

Anyway, check it out and I'll provide more details soon. We'll create a signup link on Registration once we have figured out the costs and will post all of the details here soon. Thanks all. See ya in Vegas in 4+ short months.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:16 am

We do have a new area that we have reserved for the Friday Night Party. It is the Capri Lounge and you can look at it here:

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/Capri%20Lounge%20Event%20Guide%202022-1.pdf

(you will have to copy and paste the URL above into a separate window to see the space)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius