CANCELLED: 2024 NFBC Solo Shot Championship

Greg Ambrosius

CANCELLED: 2024 NFBC Solo Shot Championship

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:09 pm

I regret to make this announcement, but it MUST be made today.

The 2024 NFBC Solo Shot has been CANCELLED. We will delete the 27 entries we currently have and will refund everyone's money onto their Player Accounts now. Look for the money shortly if you paid in advance.

We LOVE the single-entry, season-long concept and this is actually the FOURTH time we've tried this concept in the NFBC and failed. Each time we've had something bizarre happen, from Covid to Covid after-effects, to MLB almost shutting down the season to what we had happen here last week.
Now is not the time to try again to make this work.

And to be truthful, one owner set me in this direction yesterday when he said that the new NFBC Champions League is kind of our new single-entry national championship in baseball. Yes, you have to take one entry in three different NFBC contests to compete in the Champions League, but this seems to be the format that everyone is gravitating to.

So let's not rock the boat. We have 89 people signed up for the NFBC Champions League now and we should hit 120-150 when all is said and done. I love it.

Also, there have been some GREAT suggestions to a new format for the NFBC Solo Shot that I think we will implement in 2025. They include:

* $500 price point
* February-through March Online drafts (likely no Live Events)
* Slow drafts as well as nightly drafts
* FAAB on Thursdays, once a month

The idea would be to turn it into a hybrid of a DC and a FAAB league, at a more affordable price point and all online. Kick off after the NFL's Conference Championship games and use this as a type of prep for the Main Event.

Once again, we are trying to turn a negative into a positive!!! I have experience at that!!!

So it's Game Over for 2024 NFBC Solo Shot, but I'm counting on this community to come up with tweaks that allow this format to come back in 2025. Maybe we shoot for 240 teams and a $20,000 grand prize (double the total of teams and half the entry fee from what we planned for in 2024). It could work.

Thanks all and let's keep pushing forward now on all of our other contests. There's still a lot of ball game left in the drafting season!!!
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gialde

Re: CANCELLED: 2024 NFBC Solo Shot Championship

Post by Gialde » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:50 am

Great plan Greg! 2025 Solo Shot will be a huge success at that price point and schedule. Thank you for all the communication!