Is There A Strategy In Picking Your Champions League Draft Dates?

Greg Ambrosius

Is There A Strategy In Picking Your Champions League Draft Dates?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:22 am

I'm loving this debut NFBC Champions League Qualifier contest where one person is entering three different national contests -- the Main Event, Online Championship and Draft Champions National Championship -- and competing for a chance to sit at a 2025 live auction table for a chance to win that title and a nice side pot grand prize.

It's a fantastic concept that ties in the skills of each player in managing a tough 15-Team Main Event team, a unique 12-Team Online Championship team and a even more unique 15-Team draft 'n hold team in the Draft Champions format. All 30 categories from those teams will be ranked equally and the Top 15 teams will then earn a spot in the Live Auction in Las Vegas in March of 2025.

So cool.

So here's my question: What strategy are you using to pick your draft dates for each contest?

Are some of you doing the Draft Champions draft early in the drafting season and then going with Online Championship next and then Main Event? Or do you want to use your CLQ Main Event entry in one of the early Online leagues to get best player values then? Are you avoiding live in Las Vegas for the Main Event for your CLQ entry or do you prefer drafting that team live?

I'm curious of the order you're planning to draft these teams in and how close or how far away from Opening Day you are drafting them. Heck, I'm not competing but with 110+ owners already in the contest I'm curious to the various strategies here. Please tell!!! :lol:

Thanks all and good luck. And if you are interested in joining this "side" competition and plan on doing all three contests anyway, reach out to me for more information or help signing up. I'll help where I can. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Philippe27

Re: Is There A Strategy In Picking Your Champions League Draft Dates?

Post by Philippe27 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:08 pm

I got my OC and DC done early. There were some values I liked so figured I'd take advantage now.

Main, I haven't decided yet but definitely not the Saturday morning Main, too many good players in those leagues. I know every Main Event is tough but some are tougher.