Main Event FAAB for Draft slots

Wolfpac

Main Event FAAB for Draft slots

Post by Wolfpac » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:49 am

Hey Greg I saw some chatter on X about using FAAB for draft slots instead of KDS for the Main.

Maybe it’s too late to change it for this year, but I think it adds another great strategic element and should be implemented for the Main. Thoughts from you or the others?

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Main Event FAAB for Draft slots

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:47 am

Wolfpac wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:49 am
Hey Greg I saw some chatter on X about using FAAB for draft slots instead of KDS for the Main.

Maybe it’s too late to change it for this year, but I think it adds another great strategic element and should be implemented for the Main. Thoughts from you or the others?
We do this in the NFBC Platinum League and we are proposing it for the NFBC Diamond League this year as well. It's not an easy process as everyone must be present for the FAAB bidding.

It's also not unanimous that we should do it for the Diamond League, so doing it for 50+ Main Event leagues is a big ask. I understand exactly why many people would want it; heck with $10,000 on the line having any luck in getting the first pick is a tough ask. That's why I'm proposing this process for the Diamond League this year and each year going forward.

But it would be tough to do five days in advance for all Online Mains, right? Or would you wait until everyone got to Las Vegas to do it there? If you did it well in advance Online, will everyone be able to make it on that certain day for online bidding for draft spots? Does it scare new players away from the Main Event?

Unfortunately, there is an element of luck in our game and getting certain draft spots is still part of it. Bidding with FAAB $'s for draft spots makes sense for private leagues and high-dollar leagues at that, but I'm not sure the consensus would approve for 50+ leagues of a national contest. Maybe one day that will happen, but right now unfortunately the random draw with KDS is our best solution. Sorry.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Wolfpac

Re: Main Event FAAB for Draft slots

Post by Wolfpac » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:43 am

Those are great points. Thanks for quickly responding with your thoughts Greg.

I am very much looking forward to another main event sellout and maybe we top 800 entries this year that would be amazing!