Multiple players in the same game.

SoonerC

Post by SoonerC » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:05 am

Just passing on an experience my team had last night. I have both Brandon Larson & Danny Graves, plus I'm a lifelong Reds fan. Well Larson comes up in the 8th with the bases loaded and the Reds up by 1. Of course my fantasy instincts kick in and I'm thinking Larson needs to get a single and the 2 RBI's, which would keep Graves save chance intact. Larson hits a rope, but right at the 3rd baseman. The Reds ended up scraping out another run so Graves has a 2 run lead when he comes in. What happens next? Well Graves gives up a hit but gets 2 outs without a lot of trouble. Then a routine ground ball is hit to who else but Brandon Larson. Of course he throws it 10 feet short of Casey and it bounces past him. Then Bill Hall picked that moment to decide he was Barry Bonds and the rest is history. The only bright spot in this I guess is that the runs were unearned. I know everybody has moments like this over the course of a season and to me that is one of the things that makes this so enjoyable. Of course now I'm thinking if only I wouldn't have been so greedy and went ahead and wished for Larson to only get a sac fly, then maybe he might have been able to throw the ball. No, probably not. Oh yeah, all of this was happening at pretty much the same time that the Oakland pen was in the process of helping the Evil Empire get back on their feet, and in turn screwing me out of a Hudson win. I love this game!

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:36 am

Hey, at least you didn’t have Lidle. After watching my ERA and WHIP balloon ( I also enjoyed a little Gil Meche and Matt Morris last night) I at least thought I’d get the win from that Reds fiasco.

SoonerC

Post by SoonerC » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:17 am

I feel your pain nnoy. Not complaining here, I'm told that it's better to talk about things that are bothering you and I'm just hoping I can ward off the bad spirits by doing so. Maybe we ought to dedicate this thread, or make a new one, exclusively for gripes about our teams. No calling people out on their gripes or psychoanalysis would be allowed. Kind of a safe zone for fantasy gripes.