Chad Tracy for 456?

Hoosier Hick

Chad Tracy for 456?

Post by Hoosier Hick » Sun May 02, 2004 2:01 pm

Seems a tad high considering he went for about 50 bucks in most leagues. Betencourt and Adams went high in most league also. Seems no one wants the Toronto closers job. Saw also that someone picked up AJ Pierzinski. Very suprised that an all star catcher was available.
"People ask me what I do in the winter. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby

Leaderboard Sports

Chad Tracy for 456?

Post by Leaderboard Sports » Sun May 02, 2004 4:43 pm

I guess it would depend on the guys situation. I over spent on Matt Holliday last week because I have both Preston Wilson and Larry Walker and felt I absolutely had to get him. At least I know he'll play till one of my DL players come back.

Having $900 of free agent money left in September isn't going to do you much good and maybe the guy just got tired of getting over bid. :D

J.F.K.

Chad Tracy for 456?

Post by J.F.K. » Mon May 03, 2004 1:41 am

I was guilty of dropping AJ. Just felt like it was time to cut him loose. Replaced him with Inge (for 34 bucks). We'll see what happens.

Dyv

Chad Tracy for 456?

Post by Dyv » Mon May 03, 2004 10:30 am

Originally posted by J.F.K.:

I was guilty of dropping AJ. Just felt like it was time to cut him loose. Replaced him with Inge (for 34 bucks). We'll see what happens. I belive the correct statement at times like this is something like, "It's part of my strategy to drop him so that everyone else in my league burns up their FA budget and I can get my pick later in the year"

lol

Dave
Just Some Guy