Anyone Up For Live Chats?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 05, 2004 2:59 am

I thought it would be fun each day to set aside a time when we can all converse on the Message Boards about baseball, our struggling players, the latest injuries or just the typical B.S. that we're all good at. I'm going to start a thread each day at 3 p.m. EST for all of us to just talk about baseball and get this unique community of die-hard baseball fans together. We'll do it each workday at 3 p.m. EST and see if there's any interest in talking smack online. I'll probably start it a little earlier today because I have a pre-school tea party to attend, but join me online and let's talk baseball!!!
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Wed May 05, 2004 4:14 am

Greg, you must be getting bored now that this thing is on autopilot. I’m sure you miss those headaches of setting this thing up then dealing with the glitches of the first few weeks.

I’m sure once you get the word out you’ll pull in 50-60 people per chat session. However, I’ve noticed the use of the message board has died off dramatically since there is a general lack of controversy and since trash talk seems to have given way to political correctness. Either that or those of us that would be talking have too many Yankees in our line-up.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed May 05, 2004 4:51 am

After early promise, my team is struggling. I'll stay true to my word and not venture on the MB unless I have more consistent success. Probably makes some owners happy!

An interested Observer

Post by An interested Observer » Wed May 05, 2004 6:08 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

After early promise, my team is struggling. I'll stay true to my word and not venture on the MB unless I have more consistent success. Probably makes some owners happy! I know it will make me happy. Still not up to revealing your league and team Gekko? You must have good reason to be embarrassed.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 05, 2004 7:31 am

Nathan, it's not so much that I'm bored as I certainly don't miss the first week headaches. But I have some things to get off my chest about certain players and I need a venue to vent. This is going to be it!!! ;)

Yeah, I miss the comraderie of the early days and just want to give everyone a reason to come back and reintroduce their friendly selves. And that includes Gordon Gekko! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius