A Friday chat would be better.

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Thu May 06, 2004 12:28 pm

Everyday Chats are hard for most to make. A weekly chat would be nice though. Friday is a good day. As far as rants I don't have any. I picked my players and blew it so far. I have alot of part time players in the AL Auction. This league gives me more heart burn than the big one. I thought I could get some part time players with upside. The managers don't always do what you'd expect though. I'd rather win the AL auction than the overall. Yeah I know its suppose to be about the money. But for me theres some pride involved. My pride is taking a beating so far. But theres 5 months to go.

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Thu May 06, 2004 1:05 pm

Originally posted by Walla Walla:

Everyday Chats are hard for most to make. A weekly chat would be nice though. Friday is a good day. As far as rants I don't have any. I picked my players and blew it so far. I have alot of part time players in the AL Auction. This league gives me more heart burn than the big one. I thought I could get some part time players with upside. The managers don't always do what you'd expect though. I'd rather win the AL auction than the overall. Yeah I know its suppose to be about the money. But for me theres some pride involved. My pride is taking a beating so far. But theres 5 months to go. Hey John - it could always be worse - you could have Jolbert Cabrera on your bench doing nothing!

lol - my team is wallowing there as well... but it's only early May and there's a lot of baseball to play. For myself, I clearly picked too many Seattle players - and they had an awful April as a group!

Dave
Just Some Guy

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 06, 2004 4:08 pm

We'll have a chat on Fridays and summarize the week. Good idea. For now I'm just looking to vent myself on a daily basis, so it's okay if I talk alone some days. When you're knee deep in fantasy football rankings, ratings and reviews, it's good to talk baseball once a day, even if it's just to the computer. If nothing else, some of our threads will make for hilarious reading at the end of the day for those who couldn't make it live during the day.

I'm just trying to keep the family together, even if some of the bosses have to actually "work" during the day. ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

dlongood

Post by dlongood » Thu May 06, 2004 6:30 pm

Hmmm most disappointing player-- How about Jose (5th round) Reyes. No wait Robby Alomar. Oh I forgot--no injured players. Then I'm goin with Aubrey (4th round .197) Huff. How about bad luck players? I'm nominating Freddy (0-1, under 3.00 ERA, 25k) Garcia.