LB Big Richards

nnoy

LB Big Richards

Post by nnoy » Tue May 11, 2004 11:33 am

I tried to call you out yesterday during the live chat since I saw you were on the board but you did not respond.

Your fan base wants to know: how is 112th place treating you champ?

Dyv

LB Big Richards

Post by Dyv » Tue May 11, 2004 4:01 pm

Originally posted by nnoy:

I tried to call you out yesterday during the live chat since I saw you were on the board but you did not respond.

Your fan base wants to know: how is 112th place treating you champ? Knowing Hojin at least a little, let me respond for him until he finds time to reply...

"Hey Nnoy, thanks for your interest in my team this year. Let me know when you win $30,000 playing fantasy baseball and we'll catch up on team management and draft ideas. One of the nice things about playing this year is I can come in dead last and still be ahead of 99% of the entrants in lifetime fantasy baseball earnings.

Oh, before I forget - I hear that fantasy baseball is going to try something interesting this year and play it through the entire season... why don't we see how the remaining 80% of the season rolls on? With your permission, of course."

Dyv-jin
Just Some Guy

Leaderboard Sports

LB Big Richards

Post by Leaderboard Sports » Tue May 11, 2004 6:36 pm

Kind of like Tampa Bay making fun of the Yankees slow start isn't it. :rolleyes:

nnoy

LB Big Richards

Post by nnoy » Wed May 12, 2004 3:05 am

Nice replies guys. I figured we needed a little colorful banter between “registered users.” The message board seems to dying a not so slow death, it needs some controversy to get it going again (with minimal input from the Gekko of course.)

Dyv

LB Big Richards

Post by Dyv » Wed May 12, 2004 11:14 am

Originally posted by nnoy:

Nice replies guys. I figured we needed a little colorful banter between “registered users.” The message board seems to dying a not so slow death, it needs some controversy to get it going again (with minimal input from the Gekko of course.) lol - I'm cruising with an average team at the moment, so I have to live vicariously through Hojin's success.

Like Gekko, I'll feel bolder and talk about my brilliance more once there's something to back it up.

LOL

I think a top 40 finish (top 20%) is an adequate bar for 'success' - what do you think - what is a reasonable bar to separate 'good' gamers. Or are we going to fall over ourselves explaining injuries, etc. ?

D
Just Some Guy

nnoy

LB Big Richards

Post by nnoy » Wed May 12, 2004 11:36 am

I equate it to NCAA football, either you are in the top-25 or you are not considered a top-tier team.

We will all try to cry injuries got me or some other excuse, but that’s part of the game. I consider Sexson a bad beat since he played 162 games last year, but I knew what I was getting myself into with Erstad. Just like the Prior and Nomar owners knew they were playing with fire when they took those guys.

Any team that finishes top-3 in their league certainly has a claim to success. Any league champ can walk away feeling as if he may have played the best game in the entire contest but ended up in a league with tougher competition. The top-25 will have some decent bragging rights, and of course the top-8 will win prizes. Personally I have not re-set my bar. I was in 86th 10 days ago, now I’m in 32nd. I still think my team can be managed to a top-10 finish if I play the proper match-ups and wisely watch the FA wire. I’m sure about 100 of us still think this way.