THE NFBC IS SOLD OUT FOR THE MAIN EVENT!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:36 pm

We just received a signup for our 291st team for the main event, which means we have less than 100 guaranteed spots left for the main event. Our goal is 390 teams and we'd like to have full 15-team leagues in each city. If we go above 390, we'll put 75% back towards the overall prize payouts. Last year our goal was 360 teams and we finished with 375 teams and were able to increase league prizes by $250 per league. This year any additional prize money will go towards the overall prize structure.

We are well ahead of previous year's signups, so don't delay if you still plan on competing in the NFBC in 2008. Signups are extremely strong and I know we have many more participants from the New York area who haven't re-upped yet but are still coming back. These final spots could go fast.

The $1300 Mixed Auction League in New York is also down to three more spots if you want to jump into that event. The AL Auction League in Las Vegas is also close to filling and we have about 7 spots left in the NFBC Super Draft League. A lot of the side events are filling up and even the satellite leagues are way ahead of last year's pace.

Thanks all. I'll update this thread continuously so that there are no surprises when March rolls around. Good luck all and thanks for the GREAT support.

[ March 07, 2008, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:04 am

I'm happy to report that we now have 20 full leagues for the main event --300 paid teams -- leaving us with 90 open spots before we sell out for 2008. We added another signup in Orlando as we're working on our third league there and New York keeps pouring in as we're working on our seventh league there. Thanks for all the support everyone and don't delay if you plan on coming back. We're on pace for a sellout in the next three weeks.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:15 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

I'm happy to report that we now have 20 full leagues for the main event --300 paid teams -- leaving us with 90 open spots before we sell out for 2008. We added another signup in Orlando as we're working on our third league there and New York keeps pouring in as we're working on our seventh league there. Thanks for all the support everyone and don't delay if you plan on coming back. We're on pace for a sellout in the next three weeks. Greg- 1st congrats on the great pace. 2nd throw us a bone with a drop dead date we will have our draft slots by- you did it last year and got them sooner which obviously is ideal but what is the absolute drop dead date?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:46 am

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

I'm happy to report that we now have 20 full leagues for the main event --300 paid teams -- leaving us with 90 open spots before we sell out for 2008. We added another signup in Orlando as we're working on our third league there and New York keeps pouring in as we're working on our seventh league there. Thanks for all the support everyone and don't delay if you plan on coming back. We're on pace for a sellout in the next three weeks. Greg- 1st congrats on the great pace. 2nd throw us a bone with a drop dead date we will have our draft slots by- you did it last year and got them sooner which obviously is ideal but what is the absolute drop dead date? [/QUOTE]I would tell everyone to have their KDS preferences set by Wednesday, March 5th. I will be at the LABR League auctions in Phoenix Feb. 29-March 3 and I highly doubt we'll sell out before then and I likely wouldn't stop the signups at that point, although we could close down certain cities if we're at a perfect 15-team level.

So right now I'd say to get your KDS set by March 5th and we'll see what happens at that point. It would be great to pick all of the leagues and draft spots the week before the live draft and give everyone a full weekend to prepare for their spots. Right now we're on pace for that to happen.

I'll have more updates as we get closer, but right now that's my plan of attack. Oh, and to win both LABR Leagues this year. ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:54 am

EIGHTY SPOTS LEFT FOR THE MAIN EVENT!!!

It's hard to believe we're that close to a sellout and pitchers and catchers haven't even officially reported to spring training yet. Man, I can hardly wait to see some baseball clips on SportsCenter! :D

All four cities are coming in nicely this week. Keep 'em coming as I can see a scenario where perfect 15-team leagues can work across the board. Let's make it happen.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:57 am

I thought I'd do a little editing on the title as we continue to approach our goal of 390 teams for 2008.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:58 am

That would be awesome to know who's in your league by the end of February!!!

80 / 14 = 6 call in signups per day!

Then we'd have time to deal with the KDS and such.

BUTTERFLIES!!!

~Lance
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:09 am

Awesome greg/tom!! The nfbc is the 390lb gorilla!!!

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:26 pm

From Greg's email yesterday, the city breakdowns were:

Las Vegas - 125

New York - 94

Chicago - - 47

Orlando - - 33

So let's look at perfect scenarios -390

Las Vegas - 165

New York - 120

Chicago - - 60

Orlando - - 45

Las Vegas - 180

New York - -135

Chicago - - 60

Orlando- - - 45 for 420

Forward those emails to all the guys in your home leagues and any other friends who play - let's get to 420 :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:51 am

We're closing in on our 21st full league for the main event and 100 signups for New York. I can see New York eventually overtaking Las Vegas for the most signups as we still have a lot of Big Apple participants from last year who haven't signed up yet. Don't delay as we now have less than 80 spots left for the main event. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:25 am

We're closing in on our 21st full league for the main event and 100 signups for New York. I can see New York eventually overtaking Las Vegas for the most signups as we still have a lot of Big Apple participants from last year who haven't signed up yet. Don't delay as we now have less than 80 spots left for the main event. Thanks all. Is it safe to say Vegas pretty much usually dries up at this point- maybe except for So Cal guys who will drive over?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:47 am

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

We're closing in on our 21st full league for the main event and 100 signups for New York. I can see New York eventually overtaking Las Vegas for the most signups as we still have a lot of Big Apple participants from last year who haven't signed up yet. Don't delay as we now have less than 80 spots left for the main event. Thanks all. Is it safe to say Vegas pretty much usually dries up at this point- maybe except for So Cal guys who will drive over? [/QUOTE]Safe to say. Nine full leagues would be great there. I think New York can top that and the Windy City should get late signups as well. The plan is working as I set forth!! :D :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:40 am

It's been another good day of signups and calls. We now have 21 full leagues for the main event, 315 paid teams. That leaves us with 75 guaranteed spots for the main event!!!

Tom, get ready to pick the draft spots. I can feel it! ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:43 am

Here's the four-city breakdown:

Las Vegas - 129 teams

New York - 100 teams

Chicago - 52 teams

Orlando - 34 teams

What will the weekend bring? Can we get nine full leagues in New York? Can we get three full leagues in Orlando? Let's see if we can have another huge weekend of signups.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:47 am

Greg/Tom: you guys are going to sell out by the end of the month!!!!!!!!!!!

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:06 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

Here's the four-city breakdown:

Las Vegas - 129 teams

New York - 100 teams

Chicago - 52 teams

Orlando - 34 teams

What will the weekend bring? Can we get nine full leagues in New York? Can we get three full leagues in Orlando? Let's see if we can have another huge weekend of signups. So a perfect sell-out could look like: 10 lges in LV, 9 in NY, 4 in Chi and 3 in Orlando, or,

* 21 more sinups for LV

* 35 for NY

* 8 for Chicago

* 11 for Orlando

... Orlando could be slowest to the finish line, might need a little Disney incentive ... free autographed Goofy balls? that should do it ;)

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:39 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

... free autographed Goofy balls? ;) For the sake of decorum, I am going to have to let the obvious joke on this one pass! :D
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:59 am

greg - i'd suggest you put the title of this thread on your home page (and change it as it gets lower). if a newbie isn't reading the message boards, they'll have no idea how close you are to filling this thing up.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:05 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

greg - i'd suggest you put the title of this thread on your home page (and change it as it gets lower). if a newbie isn't reading the message boards, they'll have no idea how close you are to filling this thing up. Yup, it's replacing the "Don't Pay Until Feb. 15th line."
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:43 am

Okay, we received two more signups for Las Vegas' main event this afternoon, so we have FOUR GUARANTEED SPOTS LEFT before we close out our ninth league there. This is already a record total for Las Vegas and we still have several weeks of signups to go. Sign up now if you want to compete in Las Vegas because after we hit 135 we'll have to see if there's enough interest for a 10th full league in Sin City. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:18 am

Okay, we received two more signups for Las Vegas' main event this afternoon, so we have FOUR GUARANTEED SPOTS LEFT before we close out our ninth league there. This is already a record total for Las Vegas and we still have several weeks of signups to go. Sign up now if you want to compete in Las Vegas because after we hit 135 we'll have to see if there's enough interest for a 10th full league in Sin City. Thanks all. Another one for Las Vegas this afternoon as we're now at 132 for the main event. THREE MORE SPOTS in Las Vegas until we hit nine full leagues there. Thanks all.

[ February 16, 2008, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:44 am

We now have less than 70 guaranteed spots left for the main event as we have over 320 paid signups already. Las Vegas is closing in on nine full leagues, Chicago is closing in on four full leagues and New York is closing in on seven full leagues. Keep the signups coming all as we're getting closer to a full house.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Sack

Post by Sack » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:49 am

We must be getting close, Greg is back to working Sundays. ;)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:58 am

Originally posted by Sack:

We must be getting close, Greg is back to working Sundays. ;) We're getting 7-10 inches of snow today as this could end up being the most snow we've ever had in Wisconsin for one season. It just won't quit. I'm STUCK at home and you folks are my lifeline between snow, three kids who have cabin fever and the real world!! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Kimo

Post by Kimo » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:22 am

Greg,

I feel for you and your kids. Just to let you know I can't wait until this afternoon to check on how many spots are left. In the meantime me and the kids will bike down to the park, play a little baseball, basketball & tennis maybe use the slip and slide today. It's groundhog day again - nothing but sun.

Can't wait to see you in Vegas..

PS This message is not only for Greg and his family but for all you midwestern, east coasters who are tired of the snow. Sign up for Vegas and enjoy the good life. You could either get busy living or get busy freezing.
Jim Ferrari