Anybody Up For A Chat Today?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon May 24, 2004 8:50 am

Greg and I have been buried in fantasy football magazines lately which is why we haven't been around here as much as we'd like. But if anybody's interested in chatting, venting, pumping their chests, here's a thread for you to do so.

I'll get things started with a couple of observations:

Sammy Sosa went on the DL after sneezing. I can't think of anything to add to this that would be any more amazing or hilarious than simply saying it.

Who here got Lyle Overbay and Sean Casey for dirt cheap? Talk about your keys to a successful fantasy season.

Anybody else think this may finally be the week Jose Reyes returns or am I just a delusional Reyes owner?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Return of the Aces

Post by Return of the Aces » Mon May 24, 2004 9:12 am

Good luck with the football. My football research will probably start sometime in late July. I was fortunate to get Casey in round 20, since I have already waived 7 players from round 17 and thereafter. Casey and LoDuca (12th round) have anchored my batting avg. and my offense as a whole was hot for the first few weeks of the season. My pitching struggled early, which is not surprising with a staff led by Prior (1st round) and Mussina (3rd round). As Mussina got back on track and my pitching rebounded a few weeks ago, my offense cooled significantly. I hope that everything falls into place in June with Prior hopefully back and Greinke adding some quality starts, but I will also need some of my power guys to get hot: Chavez (2nd Round), Andruw Jones (5th round) and Dunn (9th round). I am in a tough league, NY4, and have yet to crack the top 5. It will be a tough battle to get back into contention, but I remain optimistic.

I would be curious to learn the top draft pick that each owner has dropped to waivers. Mine is LaRoche from Round 17.

Return of the Aces

Post by Return of the Aces » Mon May 24, 2004 9:23 am

Also, what was each owner's best late draft picks: I drafted Zach Day in Round 27 and Kenny Rogers in Round 28.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon May 24, 2004 3:29 pm

Originally posted by msamuels:

Good luck with the football. My football research will probably start sometime in late July. I was fortunate to get Casey in round 20, since I have already waived 7 players from round 17 and thereafter. Casey and LoDuca (12th round) have anchored my batting avg. and my offense as a whole was hot for the first few weeks of the season. My pitching struggled early, which is not surprising with a staff led by Prior (1st round) and Mussina (3rd round). As Mussina got back on track and my pitching rebounded a few weeks ago, my offense cooled significantly. I hope that everything falls into place in June with Prior hopefully back and Greinke adding some quality starts, but I will also need some of my power guys to get hot: Chavez (2nd Round), Andruw Jones (5th round) and Dunn (9th round). I am in a tough league, NY4, and have yet to crack the top 5. It will be a tough battle to get back into contention, but I remain optimistic.

I would be curious to learn the top draft pick that each owner has dropped to waivers. Mine is LaRoche from Round 17. Interesting topic msam - the only drop from my top 22 was #10 Alex Cintron, yesterday. He was promtly picked up but continued his ways today with an 0-5 ... very disappointing season - no power or speed with an average slipping into the .230's. Maybe the D's should've waited a bit longer to sign him to a multi-year deal after a strong 3/4ths of a season.

On the plus side, Rondell White, HS Choi and W Alvarez at #19-21-22 have done very well. I also just noticed that I've dropped all of my #23-29 picks - I don't think thats a good sign.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Tue May 25, 2004 4:38 am

My highest rd drop is 16 - t.redman, but oh how I'd love to jettison that creaky old man R.Durham (8th rd). Worthless hump. It's just a matter of time. If I had only taken a closer with that round... something to remember for next year. I knew I should have gone the extra $10 for M.Herges, $470 probably won't cut it I told myself ;)

Moneymaker

Post by Moneymaker » Tue May 25, 2004 3:30 pm

I bid $472. No bullshit.
2005 NFBC Champion