Tuesday Chat

Tom Kessenich

Tuesday Chat

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue May 25, 2004 8:15 am

If folks are interested, here's the place to let loose on Tuesday with anything and everything on your mind about this season or anything else your heart desires. My question to start things off is: What's happened to many of the big-time sluggers this season?

Richie Sexson done for the year.

Ryan Klesko might as well be.

Gary Sheffield isn't digging life in the AL at all.

Nothing worse than when one of your big-name guys gets off to a poor start.

Oh and on a totally non-slugger note, I'm glad the week I finally decided to sit Ramon Castro in my main league (NL only), he starts it off by busting out with his best game of the year. Figures.

[ May 25, 2004, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

SoonerC

Tuesday Chat

Post by SoonerC » Tue May 25, 2004 9:06 am

Really hate to see Sexson go down as he is such a class guy. As far as Sheffield goes, it's funny you bring him up. I went down to Arlington Saturday to watch the Yankees/Rangers game. Had great seats 3 rows behind the Yanks dugout and it was a lot of fun. Anyway, Sheffield was always the last guy to step either into or out of the dugout every single inning. He literally walked every single step of the way in both directions. Lofton was standing out there waiting on him every inning to warm up and they never threw back and forth over a couple of times. Sheffield has always had the reputation of playing for contracts and from what I witnessed first hand it appears he did it again.

Tom Kessenich

Tuesday Chat

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue May 25, 2004 9:32 am

Good story about Sheffield. He's certainly gone on to many big things since forcing his way out of Milwaukee, but Brewers' fans will never forget his comments about how he would intentionally commit errors because he hated playing for the team back then.

What a guy.

And it is a shame about Sexson. He's not only a terrific player, but one of the good guys in the game. It'll be interesting to see how this impacts his free-agent status after this season.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich