Wednesday Chat

Tom Kessenich

Wednesday Chat

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed May 26, 2004 8:02 am

So what's on your minds today NFBCers? Bill Mueller or Ray Durham got you down? Jon Lieber and Adrian Beltre have you smilin? Here's your thread to talk about anything and everything you want -- vent, give props like a proud pappa, here's your chance to sound off, so don't be shy.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

SoonerC

Wednesday Chat

Post by SoonerC » Wed May 26, 2004 9:16 am

Had 3 pitchers going last night - Hudson, Oswalt & Ohka. My only concerns going into the night were whether or not Oswalt would turn it around and whether or not I timed Ohka right or not. Well, of course my sure thing Hudson gets shelled. Luckily for me though both Oswalt & Ohka pitched great games so it still was all in all a decent night. I love this game. One more thing, what's up with Jones being allowed a save op in Cincy? Graves is supposed to get a save every single night. He obviously has me spoiled.

Tom Kessenich

Wednesday Chat

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed May 26, 2004 9:45 am

Sooner, I had Graves as a $6 keeper in my NL-only league. I loved him going into this season, but I sure didn't expect 20 saves before the end of June. He's been outstanding. They never should've attempted to turn him into a starter last season; he simply doesn't have the stuff for that role. But he's a good closer.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

SoonerC

Wednesday Chat

Post by SoonerC » Wed May 26, 2004 9:54 am

He was a 14th round pick for me so I think he was worth it. He simply did not have the stuff to be a starter but he has the mindset to be a closer for sure. I can't recall a team ever getting this many save chances in such a short period though and obviously the law of averages says it has to end but since I'm a Reds fan and Graves owner I am certainly enjoying it while it lasts.

Tom Kessenich

Wednesday Chat

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed May 26, 2004 10:02 am

The way I look at it is if he gets 25 saves, he's worth the $6 I paid to keep him and he's only 5 saves from that which means I'll be getting bonus production from him for a good portion of the season. That makes him a very good investment as does you getting him in the 14th round. Great value pick there obviously.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

J.F.K.

Wednesday Chat

Post by J.F.K. » Wed May 26, 2004 11:20 am

is it time to drop Robb Nen?

chimpat

Wednesday Chat

Post by chimpat » Wed May 26, 2004 11:51 am

I would just like to say.....how underrated is Steve Trachsel? We got him in the 19th round and he has just been SOLID. Definitely one of our better picks.

Gordon Gekko

Wednesday Chat

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed May 26, 2004 12:42 pm

Originally posted by J.F.K.:

is it time to drop Robb Nen? Should have never had him.

Gordon Gekko

Wednesday Chat

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed May 26, 2004 12:43 pm

Originally posted by chimpat:

I would just like to say.....how underrated is Steve Trachsel? We got him in the 19th round and he has just been SOLID. Definitely one of our better picks. He's a player I'm looking at to lose some luster in the 2nd half. The Mets stink. Really.

[ May 26, 2004, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

An interested Observer

Wednesday Chat

Post by An interested Observer » Thu May 27, 2004 1:50 am

Gekko, just a quick question, have you ever uttered a positive thought or is your pathetic life devoted to being negative about everything and everybody?