$325 Draft Champions - Slow Draft format

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:03 pm

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:

Why can't we start tomorrow?

You can put me done for 1-15. If MDC can get it setup, we could ...

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:06 pm

Thanks for holding the last spot KJ.

Good luck to everyone. Lot of heavyweights in this league:(

Even though I hate everything ND, I think I will call my team Rudy this year.

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:10 pm

NorCal..you doing CC and Tim again? :cool:
bill cleavenger
BIG BLUE NATION
"we don't rebuild, we reload"

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:11 pm

Lol. Wise Ass. And yes. In the 3rd-4th:P

Hard Heads

Post by Hard Heads » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:04 am

Greg any word from Geoff on getting this set up?

Fellas if it is set up soon I will be at work until 4ish so I look forward to getting going then.
Hard Heads

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:17 am

Originally posted by Hard Heads:

Greg any word from Geoff on getting this set up?

Fellas if it is set up soon I will be at work until 4ish so I look forward to getting going then. Nah, go to work as I'm still waiting for two more KDS lists. Once I have that I'll pick the draft order and announce it. It will be at least one day before we get this set up with MDC.com.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:25 am

Thanks Greg..can you post the rules? I know some of us were asking about it..since its a little different than the norm.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:30 am

76er - Look at the general satellite rules and ignore everything it says about free agent bidding and player drops. That is the only difference.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:38 am

Spoke with Geoff at MDC. They are unable to change the autopick function, but there are a few things that can be done to speed things along with autopick ...

1) To have autopick select for you, you must have the MDC window open and "autopick" selected. If you close the window, it won't work.

2) If an autopick is made, or if time runs out, the selection would be made in the following order: a) from your queue, b) from your custom saved draft list for this particular draft, or c) from the MDC default rankings.

Also, please understand that the 12-hour clock is there for the rare case in which you are tied up for awhile and can't pick - it is not there for your benefit to choose not to pick and use the entire clock. At 45 rounds and 15 teams, we'll be drafting 675 players - which means that if everyone uses their 12-hours it would take just under 1-year to complete the draft. (So don't confuse the 12-hour clock for your god-given right to take the full 12 hours! ;) )

[ January 08, 2009, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Hard Heads

Post by Hard Heads » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:11 am

How many east coasters vs west coasters do we have in this draft? I know in football that was the only real issue we had was east coast drafters following west coasters we hit a few lulls every once in a while, but I rarely remember having to wait more then 24 hours to pick. Looking forward to it as it should be fun. Just hope news of a value pick doesn't get announced after I pick, but before.
Hard Heads

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:16 am

i am east coast and on all the time..but may have draft room issues from work.......i can tell someone like greg my pick tho and he can make it for me.....its the draft room applet itself that wont work from work for me

Hard Heads

Post by Hard Heads » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:17 am

I have no access at work either, but being the boss and during our slow season I can have some short days here and there. Shouldn't have to wait more then 8 hours for me.
Hard Heads

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:18 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

Spoke with Geoff at MDC. They are unable to change the autopick function, but there are a few things that can be done to speed things along with autopick ...

1) To have autopick select for you, you must have the MDC window open and "autopick" selected. If you close the window, it won't work.

2) If an autopick is made, or if time runs out, the selection would be made in the following order: a) from your queue, b) from your custom saved draft list for this particular draft, or c) from the MDC default rankings.

Also, please understand that the 12-hour clock is there for the rare case in which you are tied up for awhile and can't pick - it is not there for your benefit to choose not to pick and use the entire clock. At 45 rounds and 15 teams, we'll be drafting 675 players - which means that if everyone uses their 12-hours it would take just under 1-year to complete the draft. (So don't confuse the 12-hour clock for your god-given right to take the full 12 hours! ;) ) With this crew, we'll all be online at the same time and the draft will be over in two days.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:26 am

Originally posted by 76erfan:

Thanks Greg..can you post the rules? I know some of us were asking about it..since its a little different than the norm. Here you go:

Section I: Official Rules and Regulations of the

NFBC Draft Champions Satellite League

1. Overview: The National Fantasy Baseball Championship will offer a unique satellite league contest online called the NFBC Draft Champions League. This DC League will consist of individual leagues, each comprised of 15 teams/managers with each owner drafting 45 players without any in-season transactions. The roster you draft is the roster you compete with for the entire season. The NFBC Draft Champions League’s regular season will extend from Opening Day 2009 through the final game of the regular season (including a season-ending tie-breaker if needed). Teams will compete for accumulative stats in five offensive and five pitching categories, with each category weighted equally. Categories include: (for hitters) Batting Average, Home Runs, RBIs, Stolen Bases and Runs; (for pitchers) Wins, Saves, Earned Run Average, Strikeouts and WHIP Ratio (Walks plus Hits divided by Innings Pitched). The team at the end of the year with the most cumulative points in each league wins the league title, with payouts for the top three teams in each league.

2. Draft: Drafts will take place online at www.mockdraftcentral.com at select dates per the Registration page and this format will also be used in Slow Drafts, where owners have 12 hours to make their pick. Owners are required to pick 45 players and have a legal lineup at the end of the draft. If an NFBC participant inadvertently leaves the draft with an illegal lineup (for instance, was without a middle infielder or second catcher) then the NFBC will drop the last pick made by that team (or more picks if needed) and add the last player at that position on Fantasy Sports Magazine's final Cheat Sheet on Draft Day to make that lineup legal. There are no in-season moves in the Draft Champions Leagues, but owners are allowed to change their starting lineup each Monday and to move players who are on the DL each Friday from their starting roster to reserve. It’s an ideal league for owners who love to draft and manage their roster without the duties of making weekly free agent pickups.

3. Roster Requirements: Maximum of 45 players at all times.

4. Starting Lineup Requirements: Starting lineups will consist of:

• 2 Catchers

• 1 First Baseman

• 1 Second Baseman

• 1 Shortstop

• 1 Third Baseman

• 1 Middle Infielder (2B/SS)

• 1 Corner Infielder (1B/3B)

• 1 Utility Player (any offensive position)

• 5 Outfielders

• 9 Pitchers

There is a 700 innings pitched minimum requirement for all NFBC Draft Champions leagues, but no minimum requirement for number of starting pitchers or relief pitchers on each roster. Should any team not reach the required limit of 700 innings pitched by the end of the season, the league and overall rankings will be altered to show that team getting 1 point in both ERA and WHIP. No other teams will switch positions in the standings, but the team that didn’t reach the minimum IP will automatically earn 1 point in ERA and WHIP. All players must have played 20 games in 2008 or 10 games during the 2009 season to qualify at a certain position. Minor-leaguers who did not play 20 games at any position in 2008 but who still played at least one game in the majors last year, will qualify at the position they played the most at in the majors in 2008. Other eligibility guidelines can be found under Section 6 in the Rules. If a player returns from retirement or rehab after missing the previous year, his position eligibility will be his previous year’s eligibility. If no Week One lineup is submitted, the NFBC will determine your starting lineup. After Week One, if no starting lineup is submitted, your starting lineup will be that of the previous week. Owners DO NOT have to fill their 23 required starting spots with their first 23 draft picks; i.e. you can pick your second catcher with your 45th pick if you’d like.

A. League Management Web Address: You can access your league via the Internet by going to http://www.fantasybaseballchampionship.com/. You will need a username and a password to access the game site. Contact [email protected] if you are signed up for the contest and don't have a username and password. All drafts will be held online at www.mockdraftcentral.com and owners will receive free access to this site before Draft Day and for the draft.

B. Lineup Submission: All lineups may be submitted on the league web site and are due five minutes before the first game starts each Monday. If the first game of that Monday starts at 7 pm EST, your starting lineup must be designated by 6:55 pm EST. For any Monday early game (before 7 pm EST), NFBC owners are allowed to activate those players involved in those early games and then officially set the rest of their active players before that first 7 pm EST game. Rosters for all NFBC leagues are locked for the week at that time.

C. NFBC Phone In: STATS Inc., one of the largest and most respected stat providers in the fantasy sports industry, will be handling all transactions via phone at 888-450-2730. Please acknowledge that you are calling in transactions for the NFBC Draft Champions when you call the toll-free number. You will need your username and password to submit transactions via phone.

5. Scoring: The NFBC Draft Champions League will use a 5x5 Rotisserie scoring setup. Cumulative totals will be used for the following categories:

• Batting Average

• Home Runs

• RBIs

• Runs

• Stolen Bases

• Wins

• Saves

• Earned Run Average

• Strikeouts

• WHIP Ratio (walks plus hits divided by innings pitched)

6. Position Eligibility: The NFBC Draft Champions will use the following position eligibility rules in 2009:

a) Players who played at least 20 games at any position in 2008 will qualify at that position for the entire 2009 NFBC season. Players who play 10 games at a new position in 2009 will be eligible at that position after they have played for the 10th time there this year.

b) Players who played less than 20 games total in the majors last year will be eligible at the position they played the most games at, not including DH or pinch-hitting.

c) Those players who only pinch-hit in the majors in 2008 will be position eligible according to their minor-league games played status in 2008. They would qualify at the position they played the most games in the minors.

d) Players who played all of 2008 in the minor leagues will be awarded position eligibility for 2009’s NFBC season based on the most games played at all levels in the minors. STATS will determine that one eligible position before Draft Day and that will determine that players’ status for 2009 once he is called up to the majors. Those players who only pinch-hit or DH in the minors will only be UT-eligible.

e) Players who played 20 or more games in the majors last year and didn’t play 20 or more games at one position will be deemed UT-only eligible in 2009 unless otherwise designated by the NFBC Commissioner. The NFBC Commissioner will rule on player eligibility prior to the draft as he deems necessary. Those eligibility lists are final.

f) Additional position eligibility will be awarded during the season when a player has played a new position 10 times which he was not previously eligible.

7. Free Agents: There are no free agent pickups after Draft Day.

8. Trades between managers: To minimize the possibility of collusion, there will be no trading allowed. All drops are also subject to review by the commissioner of the NFBC and can be revoked if the dropped player is deemed too valuable to be offered to that league's free agent pool, thus damaging the credibility of the overall contest. The commissioner can also allow a cut of a star player and then keep that player out of that league’s free agent pool for any length of time, including the rest of the season. All decisions by the NFBC commissioner will be final.

9. League Structure: Each league will consist of 15 teams competing in a Rotisserie style mixed-league format for the league championship. Points will be awarded in this order: 15 points for 1st place in each category, 14 points for 2nd place, 13 for 3rd and continue down to 1 point for 15th place. This will occur in all 10 scoring categories. Payoffs will be for the first two teams in each league. Teams will also have their cumulative stats positioned in an overall Rotisserie setup league (5x5 with each category weighted equally among all teams in the NFBC), with the top finisher overall winning the grand prize.

10. Submitting Starting Lineups: The weekly NFBC Draft Champions deadline for setting starting lineups is 6:55 p.m. ET each Monday. Any game that occurs before that, NFBC owners are required to get those players involved in their starting lineups five minutes before the start of those games. Owners are also allowed to remove a player (or players) who is officially on the DL from their starting lineup with one of their players from their reserve roster before each Friday's first game as long as the position eligibility works out. Players must officially be on Major League Baseball's DL list according to STATS and the NFBC by 12:01 a.m. on Friday for this move (or moves) to take effect for the weekend games

11. Prize Breakdown:

Click on NFBC Prizes for the breakdown of prizes for NFBC Satellite Leagues being offered for Draft Champions Leagues and they will apply accordingly. Prizes in all satellite leagues are 80% of the signup revenue for that league, awarded to the top three teams in each league.

12. Time Limit For Draft: There will be a 90-second time limit for each owner to make his/her pick during each round of the NFBC Draft Champions draft (except for Slow Drafts). If a participant does not make a selection in the allotted time, the computer will select for that owner using MDC’s overall ranking system. If there is a computer failure, an error made with a selection by an owner or any other type of technical malfunction, the draft moderator can stop the draft at any time and correct the error and then resume the draft. We will allow the draft moderator to roll back the draft if a technical error occurred, but if the desired player had already been selected before the draft was stopped that player is no longer available to be drafted. All decisions will be made by the NFBC moderator during the draft and will be final.

13. Commissioner Decisions: All decisions made by the Commissioner of the NFBC are final. Tough decisions sometimes must be made about eligibility rules, lineups, draft software, etc., and NFBC participants must accept the unbiased ruling of the NFBC Commissioner.

14. Refunds: Once a participant submits valid payment, no money will be refunded to participants or co-managers unless The NFBC Draft Champions is canceled. A team spot is considered filled when the entire entry fee is paid. Krause Publications reserves the right to cancel any entries not comprising a full 12-team league. When a participant agrees to finish the registration form and submit payment, that participant has demonstrated his/her acceptance of the official rules and regulations for the NFBC Draft Champions.

At its sole discretion, Krause Publications also reserves the right to terminate The NFBC Draft Champions in its entirety if there are an insufficient number of teams two days before each deadline. In this unlikely event, Krause Publications will refund all entry fees within 48 hours of cancellation notice and/or provide a new application form with the newly stated prize figures. All pre-registered applicants would have the right to a full refund or agree to play for the newly announced prize structure or in other leagues. Krause Publications is not responsible for any loss or liability incurred by any participant or co-managers due to cancellation of the NFBC Draft Champions, including but not limited to travel or hotel expenses, time taken off from employment, etc.

15. Taxes: If the principal participant's prize winnings exceed $600.00, The NFBC Draft Champions must file a Form 1099 with the IRS at the end of this calendar year. We will request your social security number and signature on this form and will pay the principal owner. The Form contains the amount paid to you and you will receive a copy of the Form for tax purposes. You are responsible for paying any taxes that result from your cash prize. Please consult your income tax advisor for filing advice.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:27 am

shouldn't have to wait on me for very long. my worst days are tue-thu from 8am-3pm. otherswise, i'm usually available. i'm in the Central Time Zone.
bill cleavenger
BIG BLUE NATION
"we don't rebuild, we reload"

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:34 am

Also, please understand that the 12-hour clock is there for the rare case in which you are tied up for awhile and can't pick - it is not there for your benefit to choose not to pick and use the entire clock. At 45 rounds and 15 teams, we'll be drafting 675 players - which means that if everyone uses their 12-hours it would take just under 1-year to complete the draft. (So don't confuse the 12-hour clock for your god-given right to take the full 12 hours! ;) ) I think I might have everything, but confirm some things with me Kevin:

Is Raskol Emory Upchurch?

What's KDS for you, Shawn and Eddie? I think that's all that I'm missing.

Geoff is ready to set this up once I have the draft order set and e-mails to him. Tom is running the order through the computer now and I think I have everyone's contact info. I'll create a link on the signup page later for this event and then get everyone signed up so that the correct team link shows up on your MY TEAMS pages. you guys can either sign up for this on your own or forward cc numbers to me. That's it.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Hard Heads

Post by Hard Heads » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:39 am

Kevin and Shawn both said earlier in the thread there kds was 1-15.
Hard Heads

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:44 am

Greg,

If emory sent you a KDS I assume he is raskol. Shawn and I are 1-15, if Eddie hasn't sent one give him 1-15 ... everyone was aware KDS was due, so I assume 1-15 is ok with eddie too.

[ January 08, 2009, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Hard Heads

Post by Hard Heads » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:49 am

Eddie probably would want the same KDS as the Childs league, so if ya have that maybe you can use it?
Hard Heads

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:01 am

Greg,

If emory sent you a KDS I assume he is raskol. Shawn and I are 1-15, if Eddie hasn't sent one give him 1-15 ... everyone was aware KDS was due, so I assume 1-15 is ok with eddie too. Yeah, I'm sure Eddie is 1-15 and he got a good pull from the draw anyway. Okay, I'm ready if you're ready, but I'm not sure you're ready. Are you ready for the draft picks?? :D 'Cause I'm ready. I mean right now. Just say the word...they're right here. Ah, maybe I'll wait until after hoops. You say the word KJ. I'm ready. ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Hard Heads

Post by Hard Heads » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:01 am

Damn it KJ say it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Hard Heads

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:48 am

Jim - you're on the clock !

We're underway.

Two other things -

1) the clock in the draft room only goes to 60 minutes, to it will lap 12 times before your time expires. If you click on draft results before you enter the draft room you can see when your time actually expires.

2) If anyone wants to make a pick but can't get to a computer, I can make it for you. Email or text message me; contact info is in my profile here.

jim.s

Post by jim.s » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:08 am

just made first pick -- I didn't expect to pick so soon

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:40 am

You guys could titilate the audience and post the picks from the first few rounds as you can :D

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:47 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:

You guys could titilate the audience and post the picks from the first few rounds as you can :D nothing unusual thru the first 9 picks