2005 NFBC Plan For Spots

Greg Ambrosius

2005 NFBC Plan For Spots

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:39 pm

Guys, I know we still have 6+ weeks left in the NFBC season, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I've already been making plans for 2005 and making sure all of you guys are taken care of. You know I have a fondness for the 195 guys who helped make this inaugural season a go with the stated prize structure and I owe you guys a big debt of gratitude. It was a pleasure calling most of you a few weeks ago as Tom and I really got some positive vibes from all of the owners who are competing in this contest. The thought that many of you start your day by looking at the NFBC standings was a great thought.

For starters, I am convinced that we'll stay in the same three cities in 2005 and we already have the Rio in Las Vegas booked for March 18-19. We are negotiating right now with the New York Hilton and the Chicago Oakbrook Marriott for the same dates as we are hosting our football event at those two spots and like them as options. The Javits Center had some downfalls and the Rosemont Convention Center is booked for that weekend.

The first thing that I want to do is guarantee a spot for 2005 for all 195 NFBC owners if they want first dibs. All NFBC owners will have the shot to reserve a spot in this field by Dec. 1 by contacting me after the regular season or by signing up online. We will not process anyone's credit card until Feb. 1, but your spot will be secured. If you want the payment off, that's fine, we'll do it. But we do not want your money this fall, just your commitment. We'll take signups from others if they come in, but all 195 NFBC owners will be guaranteed a spot if they want one by Dec. 1.

As for the plan, I envision sticking with the 300-team prize structure, offering $100,000 as the grand prize and the same league prizes. We think there will be demand for those 300 spots next year and there's no sense expanding if we didn't fill up this year. Maybe we would put a range of 300-345 and add to the prize pool if we got past 300 (2nd through 10th overall could expand especially), but for now I'm leaning toward 300 teams and just fill it up as early as we can.

I have every intention of staying at $1,250 for the NFBC and sticking with the $100 co-manager fee. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the price point for the Auction Leagues, however, and I will again take input from the group. Two different price ranges is possible, but that could be tough to pull off.

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that even though we are currently overloaded with our debut football contest/event, we haven't lost our vision for the baseball contest and Tom has done a great job of running this side of the street. We will do everything we can to keep our original owners in the NFBC and the Lifetime Standings should be a fun topic of conversation during the off-season. Best of luck the rest of the way and may all your hitters and pitchers perform well down the stretch.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Walla Walla

2005 NFBC Plan For Spots

Post by Walla Walla » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:29 pm

Greg, If you could drop the Auction price I could make it next year. I'm facing a high school grad wanting to go to college next year. Money is about to get tight fast. You'll learn about that soon enough!

Dyv

2005 NFBC Plan For Spots

Post by Dyv » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:45 pm

Greg, count me in for all of it.

Dave
Just Some Guy

Walla Walla

2005 NFBC Plan For Spots

Post by Walla Walla » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:56 pm

David, Your such a kiss ass. LOL!

Dyv

2005 NFBC Plan For Spots

Post by Dyv » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:15 pm

Originally posted by Walla Walla:

David, Your such a kiss ass. LOL! Hmmm, you're right.

Nevermind Greg - I'm not playing anymore ;)

D
Just Some Guy

Greg Ambrosius

2005 NFBC Plan For Spots

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:07 am

I'm interested in thoughts on the Auction League, obviously, and Dyv there's no turning back. We're in this for the long haul together with the NFBC and the NFFC!

Yeah I hear ya John, but my oldest is nine years away from college and the other two haven't hit kindergarten yet. Plenty of time for the wife to make enough money to send them all to college! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius