Who Is Coming To The 2005 NFBC And Where?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:30 am

We're still trying to fill up the $1,250 AL Auction League in New York as we had a full league of 12 owners last year. We now have four for the Friday, March 18th event as David Hertz of Mt. Kisco, New York has just signed up, leaving us with eight open spots. Only one owner from last year has signed up to return and that's the defending champion, Eddie Gillis. I know others are still lurking to see how this league is going to play out, but it's time now to officially get this league filled. Thanks for your trust and support, David, and best of luck in the hunt for the $7,000 first place prize.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:22 pm

Let's welcome another new member to the growing NFBC family as Chris Beeler of Canalwinchester, Ohio has just signed up to compete in the NFBC's main event at the Embassy Suites Chicago-O'Hare on Saturday, March 19th. Chris is new to our family of high-stakes events, but he becomes contestant No. 57 in Chicago and contestant No. 289 overall! That leaves us with three spots in Chicago and 11 overall! :D Chris read about the NFBC in our Fantasy Sports Magazine and just had to get in the race for the $100,000 grand prize. We're glad you chose us, Chris, and we wish you best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Return of the Aces

Post by Return of the Aces » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:03 pm

Greg,

Just a thought, as we move closer to 300. Will the remaining spots be limited to the number of openings in each particular venue or are you planning on creating a league or leagues that will consist of more than one venue?

If so, can you please assure those of us who signed up earlier in the process that they will not be placed in such a league.

Thanks and I am looking forward to season 2.

viper

Post by viper » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:53 am

Right now Greg is playing his favorite Dusty Springfield record - an oldie but a goodie.

"Wishing and hoping

And thinking and praying

Planning and dreaming"

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:56 am

Originally posted by msamuels:

Greg,

Just a thought, as we move closer to 300. Will the remaining spots be limited to the number of openings in each particular venue or are you planning on creating a league or leagues that will consist of more than one venue?

If so, can you please assure those of us who signed up earlier in the process that they will not be placed in such a league.

Thanks and I am looking forward to season 2. I can assure that. I'm working the phones and hopefully everything will work out perfectly.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:24 pm

I just KNEW we couldn't go a full day without at least one signup and thankfully it didn't happen today. Let's give it up for Scott Silberfein of Scarsdale, New York, who just joined the NFBC's main event in New York. Scott becomes the 104th owner to sign up for the main event at the New York Hilton on Saturday, March 19th and the 290th overall, leaving us one more spot before we fill a seventh full league in New York and 10 spots between the three cities. Scott, I'm at home now and I can't look up to see if you're a newbie or a returning guy, but I promise a full report tomorrow for everyone to read. All I can say is thanks for trusting and supporting us and welcome to the growing NFBC family. Oh, and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.

10 SPOTS TO GO!!!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

dedhed-j

Post by dedhed-j » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:28 pm

hey Greg,

just want to say hello

Jason E.

dedhed-j

Post by dedhed-j » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:30 pm

Greg,

sorry

Jason Emma

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:33 pm

Hello. Now buy another team so we can fill this thing up! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

dedhed-j

Post by dedhed-j » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:37 pm

Can't afford it

didn't win enough in football!!!!!!!!!!

viper

Post by viper » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:01 pm

Will one more NYC entry close out the Hilton?

newkidintown

Post by newkidintown » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:40 pm

will someone refresh me as to the signup deadline and when the last possible moment that we will know our league and draft position.

viper

Post by viper » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:38 pm

Guess this prior post says it all

Tom Kessenich

Administrator

Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted February 28, 2005 02:22 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 13th is the official cut-off date.

--------------------

Tom Kessenich

Assistant Editor

Fantasy Sports Magazine

[ March 08, 2005, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: viper ]

viper

Post by viper » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:42 pm

Last year they drew draft slots on Monday after the cut-off. I suspect they will do the same this year. It has been said that if they get to 300 before that date, they will draw then. It was hoped to be the middle of this week but entries have slowed down. I think right now it is 19 full legaues plus 5 additional teams right now. Those 5 are hoping that another 10 join.

[ March 08, 2005, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: viper ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:40 am

We're glad to welcome back our 154th team from the 2004 event as Michael Warren of Morristown, New Jersey has agreed to return to the New York Hilton on Saturday, March 19th. Michael's Supply-siders team finished 11th in New York League 5 last year with 59.5 points, but he promises a stronger finish this year. Michael had to wait for his business schedule to clear this week before signing up, but we're glad he's able to return this year. Thanks for your trust and support, Michael, and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.

We remain at 290 with this signup and 104 in New York as we lost Henry Kissinger from our previous list. Sorry, Henry had a last minute assignment to go to! :D So we still have one spot open in New York as of today.

[ March 09, 2005, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Joe Sambito

Post by Joe Sambito » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:00 am

I thought we were at 290, before this add one, subtract one...
"Everyone is born right-handed, only the greatest overcome it."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:34 am

Nice catch, Joe. I'm so tired I forgot about the one last night. Okay, now, say it with me: 10 MORE TO GO!!!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:22 pm

Okay, we're doing our best to try and fill that $650 NL Auction League in Las Vegas and we just added our fifth owner to that one as Las Vegas native Scott Stage and his brother, Tony, are ready to dive in. Scott said he read about our event last year in Fantasy Sports Magazine and is ready to compete in the NL Auction League this year after his local league began to fold. We're glad to have him on board and we hope we can fill this one up as I have one more owner who is very interested in this league as well. Let's keep it going and fill this 13-team league up. Thanks Scott and Tony for joining the NFBC team and best of luck in the hunt for the $3,750 first place prize.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:31 pm

Pete Lukowicz of Manalapan, New Jersey is returning to the New York American League Auction and he's bringing his partner, Will Robertson, along with him -- even though Will doesn't know that yet! :D Pete and Will competed in the $1,250 AL Auction League last year and their InItToWinIt team finished 10th. Pete is more than willing to return to the $650 AL Auction League at the New York Hilton on Friday, March 18th to get into the money and ToWinIt! Thanks Pete -- and hopefully Will -- and best of luck in the hunt for the $3,500 first place prize.

This signup gives us 7 owners in New York who have signed up for the AL $650 Auction League and 4 owners who have signed up for the AL $1,250 Auction League. I will start another post on this, but at the very least we will combine these leagues into a $650 league and enjoy the competition for the $3,500 first place prize. So we either have one spot left in the AL Auction or we'll need a quick rush of signups to form one of each. Speak now if you're interested in either of these auction leagues.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

MikeB.

Post by MikeB. » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:01 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

This signup gives us 7 owners in New York who have signed up for the AL $650 Auction League and 4 owners who have signed up for the AL $1,250 Auction League. I will start another post on this, but at the very least we will combine these leagues into a $650 league and enjoy the competition for the $3,500 first place prize. So we either have one spot left in the AL Auction or we'll need a quick rush of signups to form one of each. Speak now if you're interested in either of these auction leagues. How's it looking for the NY NL only auction?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:21 am

We now have 291 signups for the main event, leaving us with nine more open spots. I'm not sure if the Pete Rose baseball was the deciding factor in this signup or not and I don't care. I'm just glad to announce the arrival of our newest member in the growing NFBC family as Steven Tavoso of Chicago, Illinois will be drafting in the main event at the Embassy Suites Chicago-O'Hare on Saturday, March 19th. Steven is new to our family of high-stakes events and we welcome him with open arms. Thanks for your trust and support, Steven, and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.

NINE MORE SPOTS!!! Let's fill them up!!!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:29 am

We're now at 292 signups for the main event thanks to one of our auction league owners moving over to the main event. Paul Sidikman of Livingston, New Jersey was in the Mixed Auction League in New York, but some friendly banter from yours truly convinced him to switch to the main event! ;) Actually, Jersey Paul competed in the NFBC's main event last year, so he's very familiar with this format. He likes the auctions more than the serpentine drafts, but he's willing to give it another shot in New York and battle for the big prize. Thanks JP for your loyalty and support and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:19 am

Let's give it up for our newest members of the growing NFBC family as we welcome the tag team of Ron Ludwin and Dave D'Vorchak of Las Vegas, Nevada to the NFBC's main event in 2005. Ron heard about our event on KENO Radio in Las Vegas and contacted me last week about the event. We had several conversations in the past week and last night we had a friendly teleconference to reassure both of them about our event. They jumped in for the main event today after considering the Mixed Auction League. Their signup now gives us 293 owners for the main event, including 130 in Las Vegas. That means we have seven spots left, including five in Las Vegas for a full league. Thanks for your trust and support, guys, and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.

7 SPOTS LEFT!!! Let's fill 'em up! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Top Dawg

Post by Top Dawg » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:55 am

I think I see a new name (Player 8) for the $650 NYC AL auction. Were we able to move the 4 $1250 teams into the $650? If so, that may close us out there.

Pete
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:57 am

We're close to closing up that auction, Pete. I'm waiting to hear back from one $1,250 owner to see if he'd be willing to play in the $650 league. All of the others have agreed, so once I hear back from the fourth person we can officially announce that league has closed.

I'm hoping he'll call before the end of the day today.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich