Who Is Coming To The 2005 NFBC And Where?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:04 pm

We're glad to welcome back our 156th returning member from 2004 to the 2005 event as Gerry Scotto di Marco of Allison Park, Pennsylvania has agreed to compete in the main event. Gerry has competed in our baseball and football events during the last year, with his RotoRank.com baseball team finishing ninth in Chicago League 1 last year with 76.5 points. Gerry is tentatively slated to compete in Chicago again this year and would be our 59th team there and 297th overall. He's still finalizing his Draft Day plans, so I'll officially declare that later. But for now, we welcome you back to the NFBC, Gerry, and wish you best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.

Are we doing well yet? :D
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:14 pm

Okay, I'm getting more details on this one now, but let's lock up spot No. 298 tonight by announcing that John Zimnox of Columbus, Ohio will be competing in the NFBC's main event in 2005. John is a Leaderboard Sports member who thought about being a co-manager of one team, but decided this looked like WAAAAAYYY too much fun to split a team with anyone else. I think he's coming to Chicago, but it could be Las Vegas. Either way, we're glad to welcome another new member to the growing NFBC family, leaving us with two open spots for 2005. Thanks for trusting and supporting us, John, and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.

TWO MORE SPOTS AND I'LL PICK THE LEAGUES AND THE DRAFT SPOTS!!! Who is going to push us over the edge tonight???
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

JohnZ

Post by JohnZ » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:19 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Okay, I'm getting more details on this one now, but let's lock up spot No. 298 tonight by announcing that John Zimnox of Columbus, Ohio will be competing in the NFBC's main event in 2005. John is a Leaderboard Sports member who thought about being a co-manager of one team, but decided this looked like WAAAAAYYY too much fun to split a team with anyone else. I think he's coming to Chicago, but it could be Las Vegas. Either way, we're glad to welcome another new member to the growing NFBC family, leaving us with two open spots for 2005. Thanks for trusting and supporting us, John, and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.

TWO MORE SPOTS AND I'LL PICK THE LEAGUES AND THE DRAFT SPOTS!!! Who is going to push us over the edge tonight??? Isn't it time for Geeko Industries to mitigate their risk and get two more teams under four different aliases to be manged by 18 partners?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:49 am

The tag team of Richard Kidd and John Vagelatos of New York City signed up for the NFBC's main event at just the right time, becoming our 105th owner in the Big Apple for the main event. TOO FUNNY. John and I went to school together--I haven't seen him in about ten years.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:50 am

Okay, let's get a wrapup on the signups last night. Doug and Patti Moore of Modesto, California were planning a trip to Las Vegas next week anyway when Doug started talking to NFBC newbie Steve Pletkin about our event. One thing led to another and Doug decided to jump in last night, not knowing if we still had spots open or not. He took one spot in the NL-only Auction League in Las Vegas and one spot in the NFBC's main event. Doug became the sixth official signup for our $650 NL Auction League in Las Vegas on Friday, March 18th starting at 9 a.m. and the 299th signup for the main event. Thanks for your trust and support, Doug and Patti, and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize, $5,000 league prize and $3,750 NL Auction League prize. Oh, and welcome aboard!!!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:07 am

I originally assumed that our next signup was a returning NFBC member, but I just looked it up and he competed in our National Fantasy Football Championship last year but not the NFBC. That's okay, as it's still a family member returning nonetheless. Let's give it up for Scott Keikoan of Las Vegas, Nevada, who will claim home field advantage in the NFBC's main event and the NFBC's Mixed Auction League in Las Vegas. Scott becomes our 26th signup for the Mixed Auction League on Friday, March 18th starting at 4 p.m. and he became our 300th official signup for the main event. Thanks once again for your trust and support, Scott, and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize, $5,000 league prize and $4,250 Mixed Auction League prize.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:10 am

I thought we were overfilled for the NFBC's main event when I came to work this morning, but amongst my e-mails was one cancellation from an owner whose credit card had not cleared through yesterday. So it was with great pleasure that I saw the online signup from John Dean, who becomes our 158th returning member from the 2004 event to sign up for the 2005 main event. John is from Santa Ana, California and he becomes our 135th team in Las Vegas, thus filling our ninth league perfectly. John competed in Las Vegas League 2 last year and his Dumb Bozos finished 12th with 61.5 points. But it's a new year and another $100K is out there for the taking. Thanks for your trust and support, John, and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:22 am

Let's give it up for King of Queens as Glenn Shroter has agreed to grab that last spot in the New York-Chicago Mixed Auction League. That puts us at 15 and fills up everything in New York and Chicago. Thanks Glenn and thanks everyone. Rocky and Tom will make those teleconference auctions run smoothly and next year hopefully we'll fill up leagues in each city. But for now, we're happy with the full Mixed Auction League, full NL Auction League and full AL Auction League in those cities. Thanks everyone.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Top Dawg

Post by Top Dawg » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:25 am

Glen (King of Queens) - I knew you couldn't resist the auction, especially knowing Eddie and I were going to be there too. See ya Friday!

Pete
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:31 am

Yeah, I couldn't resist the Friday night fesitivies. It's too bad I couldn't get in the AL Auction, but I'll try to get in next year.

On a positive note: I get to take on the Gordon the Great via teleconference. Where's that picture of Anakin Skywalker when I need it?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:29 am

Just because we've filled the main event doesn't mean we're done taking signups. I'm happy to welcome Lawr Michaels of Creativesports.com, who has agreed to participate in the $650 Mixed Auction League in Las Vegas. Lawr has been a great, great promotional partner of the NFBC and I've enjoyed working together this past year. Creativesports has four teams in the NFBC for the second straight year -- by far the most of any industry web site -- and now adding Lawr to the auction league is a big plus. Lawr becomes the 27th team in the Las Vegas Mixed Auction League as we attempt to fill two leagues there. Thanks Lawr and best of luck in the hunt for the $4,250 first place prize.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:32 am

Will Tyrer has already signed up for the NFBC's main event, but this morning he decided to add the $650 Mixed Auction League in Las Vegas to his weekend of fun. Will has been a great customer of ours and I thank him for jumping into this at the last minute. We now have 28 owners for the Mixed Auction League in Las Vegas, leaving us with just two open spots as we attempt to fill two 15-team leagues for that 4 p.m. starting time event. First-come, first-served for this debut auction league. Thanks again Will and best of luck in the hunt for the $4,250 first place prize.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:35 am

I won't officially announce these yet, but it looks like we have two more potential owners for the $650 NL Auction League in Las Vegas on Friday, March 18th starting at 9 a.m. That would give us 8 right now and room for five more owners. Rick Gromek of California and Chuck Papenfus are interested in joining that league as we'll finalize those entries in the next day or two. Please contact me if you want one of those final 5 spots as almost every single event we're offering is close to filled now. Thanks.

Can anyone tell that my posts have lots of smiley faces today!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Parnelli

Post by Parnelli » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:37 am

Just wondering about Mike and Sharon williams.Chicago #4 Are they related?
Parnelli

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:17 pm

Originally posted by Parnelli:

Just wondering about Mike and Sharon williams.Chicago #4 Are they related? Muuhahaha

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:12 pm

Nice job making the leagues come out perfectly in each city Greg. That couldn't have been easy. I think you've earned your Ferocious title all over again.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:49 am

Originally posted by Parnelli:

Just wondering about Mike and Sharon williams.Chicago #4 Are they related? Not at all. Sharon and her husband Dan are from Minnesota and competed in Las Vegas League 5 last year. Mike Williams is part-owner of FantasyJungle.com who lived in Florida last year when he competed in Las Vegas League 2 and now lives in Ypsilanti, Michigan. I knew that listing would cause a few questions about collution, but trust me these two have never met each other. At least I don't think so! ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:51 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

Nice job making the leagues come out perfectly in each city Greg. That couldn't have been easy. I think you've earned your Ferocious title all over again. Yeah, you gotta love that, huh? We did it perfectly in football and now baseball. Pretty amazing. You just have to know who to call when you get towards the end to make it all work right. I could see this one coming two weeks ago, but I'm glad it worked out the way it did.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:57 am

quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

Nice job making the leagues come out perfectly in each city Greg. That couldn't have been easy. I think you've earned your Ferocious title all over again. Yeah, you gotta love that, huh? We did it perfectly in football and now baseball. Pretty amazing. You just have to know who to call when you get towards the end to make it all work right. I could see this one coming two weeks ago, but I'm glad it worked out the way it did. [/QUOTE]Me too! Remember a few weeks ago when I posed the question about potentially going to 345 teams to fill all the cities? I guess a lot of us expected a late push on sign-ups that didn't materialize, but that way things worked out was perfect. Greg, I'd say you've made us all VERY HAPPY CAMPERS :D

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:42 am

We had an unfortunate cancellation over the weekend in the New York/Chicago NL Auction but the good news is we filled the spot in less than an hour last night as Seth Poppel was chomping at the bit to get in on the action. Poppel and his son Jared are newcomers to our event but they are longtime readers to our Sports Collectibles Digest magazine and that's how they found out about the event. So we welcome aboard the Poppels to our auction on Friday. Good luck to both of you.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

MikeB.

Post by MikeB. » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:13 am

We're glad to welcome our 12th owner in the New York-Chicago NL Auction League as Mike Brangaccio has joined the event. Mike will be drafting at the New York Hilton at 4 p.m. on Friday, March 18th. He is new to our family of high-stakes events, but he comes on the recommendation of one of our most valued customers! Mike becomes the fifth owner in New York and the 12th overall for this auction. Thanks for your trust and support, Mike, and best of luck in the hunt for the $3,750 first place prize. I have been bamboozled!! Dave Z. told me to click on some link and just enter my credit card number for a get rich quick pyramid scheme that would land me an immediate $3750 and the next thing I know I am on my way to the Hilton in some baseball draft??? He got me again!

Can't wait to see everyone Friday night :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:02 pm

Okay, I just wanted to let everyone know that we are very close to filling up the only open league as of today. We filled up the two spots for the Las Vegas Mixed Auction Leagues yesterday and picked both of those leagues and today it looks like we have 12 owners for the $650 NL Auction League in Las Vegas reserved. I need to finalize some things, but I think we'll be able to add Clark Olson, Jim Heery, Rex Weddle and even Meat Loaf. Meat is a co-manager with Bruce Barnard in the $1,250 NL Auction League, but he's willing to go alone in the $650 to fill up that league. Thanks Meat and we may take you up on that offer.

One more spot there at the most, so contact me at 702-239-9449 if you want that one.

Every other league is full. I hope you know I'm toasting all of you right now in Las Vegas with a cold Budweiser!!! Hey, the Rio just brought in a bucket of Bud as a thank you for hosting this show out here. Someone must have told them that I don't do fruit baskets!!! Beer, pretzels and cashews is more my style!!

See you out here. Life is good.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius