Saving You Time On Sunday With FAAB

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:04 am

Please let's not hijack this thread and turn it solely into a forum about the one hour difference in opinion on the Sunday FAAB deadline.

There's a lot more important things that have been brought up regarding the FAAB programming that need to be at the forefront.

Glenn

Oaktown

Post by Oaktown » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:41 am

West Coast here and I would prefer the time stay the same too....I like that I'm done with it at 5 and can have my whole night free.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:05 pm

8 pm is fine.

After the afternoon games, before the night game.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:07 pm

Like the West Coast would have any say anyway. :rolleyes:

The later the better...more info to filter.

F-You east coast and your disregard for the west!

You East Coast bitches fall asleep before the late games every week (in every sport) and you don't want to pay any penalty for that lack of info...it's a joke!

[ February 08, 2010, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

Money

Post by Money » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:35 am

The later the better. 5 PM West coast time is simply not fair.
Joe

Money

Post by Money » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:36 am

The later the better. 5 PM West coast time is simply not fair.
Joe

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:49 am

Either way is fine by me, now if this were football, where the bids are done on a Friday, my tune would change!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:05 am

Originally posted by Fast Money:

The later the better. 5 PM West coast time is simply not fair. This thread did go off kilter, which is unfortunate, but such is life. I've sent the two initial requests to Fanball and hopefully will know if we can do either of those soon enough.

As for the Sunday FAAB deadline, honestly this isn't an East Coast-West Coast thing. The 8 ET deadline makes the most sense because the ESPN game starts at 8 ET and all early games are done by then. So there is no concern of a guy getting hurt in the first hour of the final game of the week. I can just see the leadoff hitter getting beaned and people changing their FAAB bids and then some being upset that I forced them to sit in front of their TVs each Sunday to follow that first hour's game.

I hear all of the ideas, but I see more problems than solutions with a later Sunday FAAB deadline. There is some reasoning for the 8 ET timeframe and at this point I think we'll stay where we are. Sometimes I have to take charge and make an Executive Decision on these things. :D

Okay, let's keep the ideas coming for FAAB and keep this process going. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:09 am

Greg, Maybe this is too aggresive but I think it would be awesome.

Last year we were able to add a player to a free agent wish list. This was a list on the front page of the league and was a nice addition. How about adding this FA Wish List as a selection under the Transactions tab. Sort of similar to CBS's My Scout team...YET have the ability to add personalized notes next to that player ? And have the ability to move the players up and down.

I figure it would be keen :cool: to scour the FA list during the week and add players to a list AND add personalized notes about those players - (will start mon and sat), (may be off DL next week), H era 3.15 A era 5.45) -etc etc ( a nice easy reference as you sit down Sunday afternoon, all on the site where you will be on most of Sunday inputting FA moves.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:26 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:

Greg, Maybe this is too aggresive but I think it would be awesome.

Last year we were able to add a player to a free agent wish list. This was a list on the front page of the league and was a nice addition. How about adding this FA Wish List as a selection under the Transactions tab. Sort of similar to CBS's My Scout team...YET have the ability to add personalized notes next to that player ? And have the ability to move the players up and down.

I figure it would be keen :cool: to scour the FA list during the week and add players to a list AND add personalized notes about those players - (will start mon and sat), (may be off DL next week), H era 3.15 A era 5.45) -etc etc ( a nice easy reference as you sit down Sunday afternoon, all on the site where you will be on most of Sunday inputting FA moves. Fanball programmer after reading Q's request:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-03vYYAjA

Spyhunter

Post by Spyhunter » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:28 pm

it was asked previously in this thread but not responded to so wanted to bump it up:

Ability to take a FAAB bid thread and copy it to another team. If any FA are not available, they are simply not on the list. You can copy one list to all your teams, the go edit as appropriate

If you can do this this huge!

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:38 am

A Request

Instead of tekkies fixing last minute problems that THEY perceive as important, let us take a look at it as soon as possible.

This will leave the tekkies more time to fix the problems that WE deem important. It is more important to clean up big problems from us, than tidying up technical aspects.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Hard Heads

Post by Hard Heads » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:45 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

A Request

Instead of tekkies fixing last minute problems that THEY perceive as important, let us take a look at it as soon as possible.

This will leave the tekkies more time to fix the problems that WE deem important. It is more important to clean up big problems from us, than tidying up technical aspects. AMEN!!!!!
Hard Heads