2 GUARANTEED Spots Remaining For The NFBC Classic

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:25 am

With the Super Bowl now a memory (a bitter one for Peyton Manning), the football season is officially over. That means it's time to really begin focusing on the upcoming baseball season. As Greg and I have been posting, the signups for the Classic are on a record pace and as of today, we have only 99 guaranteed spots remaining.

That's right, one day after the Super Bowl and we're sitting with 306 signups. That is by far a record for this time of the year.

We're going to have the official countdown posted on the NFBC site (nfbc.fanball.com) real soon so be on the lookout for that. More importantly, if you haven't signed up for the Main Event yet, what are you waiting for? The spots are going fast so you don't want to miss out on all of the fun. So now's the time to sign up to reserve your spot in one of our six fabulous locations.

Only 99 spots left until we sell out. Who's going to be the next ones to sign up?

[ March 02, 2010, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Da bears

Post by Da bears » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:16 pm

I say lets get the main event filled up by March 1st so we can get our draft first picks at least a couple of weeks early this year!!
-Bauler Shot Caller

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:12 am

The phone's been ringing off the hook today and thanks to three more signups this morning we are now at 315 signups for the Classic. That's 21 full leagues and that means there are now only 90 GUARANTEED spots left for the Main Event.

Now is definitely the time to sign up if you're sitting on the fence because we continue to steam roll along on a record pace. This is shaping up to be the most exciting year the NFBC has ever had so you don't want to miss it. Go to nfbc.fanball.com and register online or you can call me at 715-445-2906 and I'll take your signup over the phone.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

la Jolla

Post by la Jolla » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:33 am

Tom, how many sign ups do you guys believe could be reached if we stay at the current pace? 500? 550?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:43 am

I think we should get to 405 and then see what the future holds. The pace is definitely very strong but we need to see what the landscape is like when we reach 405. I'm in contact with a lot of our top players from last year who haven't signed up yet so we know there are still a lot of people lurking. But the demand continues to be intense so now is the time to sign up and secure your spot. We still are a week away from charging entry fees so you can sign up now and keep the money for another week.

The demand continues to be incredible. Greg and I have never seen a year like this for the NFBC. As I posted on Saturday, I think it speaks to everything we have to offer this year as well as the impact that working for Fanball has had on what we can offer and how well we can effectively market our events.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:53 am

tom / greg

what do you think has set this year off to such a quick start?

the NFBC alone had a great product. did the merger with fanball and ryan houston expedite everything?

or is it the possibility of "pulling a lindy" gotten everybody so energized? :eek: :eek:
bill cleavenger
BIG BLUE NATION
"we don't rebuild, we reload"

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:57 am

Bill, here's what I posted on Saturday:

1. The transition to Fanball has opened doors that we never had before. Not only is Fanball a great company with a strong commitment to our events, but they have the marketing tools available to grow our events our old company did not have. Ryan has been aggressive in pushing the events in new areas that have broadened our exposure and being backed by a strong company with a proven history in the fantasy industry has opened doors in ways that previously Greg and I could only dream about.

2. We have strong and appealing options available. Whether it's a $125 satellite or the $10,000 Diamond, live drafts, online drafts or auctions, we have something for everyone here. And once people get a taste of what we have to offer they tend to stay with us. Our 80 percent retention rate over the years for the Classic is proof of that.

3. We have a great game. I think that's really it in a nutshell. The NFBC is a great contest with a proven history of success run by people who not only care about the game but play the game as well. Greg and I are long-time fantasy players. Ryan has played in our events and won in our events. We not only want to grow this business and make a profit and all that, but we want to make the games we offer fun for everyone who takes part. We want them to be the kind of games that we would play. That's why we listen so strongly to what you guys have to say. We may not institute everything you want but we always listen and we will make the changes necessary to make these games more enjoyable for all of you and everyone who is going to sign up in the future.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:54 am

Wow, great job everyone. I leave town in a blizzard and arrive in St. Louis to four inches of snow and about 10 new main event signups. AWESOME!!!

Okay, I actually predicted that we would get 90 main event signups for the first weekend and we are approaching that number now. We are happy with one full league in St. Louis, but it looks like we will have three full leagues at the Flamingo and two full leagues at Atlantic City. We're one signup away from that second full league in AC. Folks have been telling me for years that Atlantic City is the place to be on the East Coast, so we'll keep this open through three full leagues, but let's keep it rolling. Maybe we can go 4-3-1 that first weekend for an amazing 120 signups. That would be a nice surprise.

Okay, here's the AC signup list. ONE MORE SPOT for this guaranteed second full league. Who wants this next spot?:

ATLANTIC CITY

Bally's Atlantic City

Saturday, March 20th, 1 p.m ET

1. Rick Thomas, Lewes, Delaware

2. Stephen Jupinka, Waldwick, New Jersey

3. Joe Anthony, Clayton, North Carolina

4. Steven Janovici, Fredericksburg, Pennsylvania

5. Kelly Stokes, Newark, Delaware

6. Patrick Gallagher, Milton, Massachusetts

7. Michael Edelman, Elmwood Park, New Jersey

8. Robert Particelli, Berwyn, Pennsylvania

9. Ken O'Brien, Virginia Beach, Virginia

10. Brian Zirlin, Short Hills, New Jersey

11. Craig Kielinski, Exton, Pennsylvania

12. Robert Brendler, Rockville, Maryland

13. Randy Barbour, Cockeysville, Maryland

14. John Hogan, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

15. Matt Hickok, Owings Mills, Maryland

16. Jase Doan, Salisbury, Massachusetts

17. Korey Gardner, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania

18. Robert Whitfield, Claymont, Delaware

19. Mark Srebro, York, Pennsylvania

20. Pat Tremaglio, New York, New York

21. John O'Malley, Pearl River, New York

22. Michael Cortese, Princeton, New Jersey

23. Scott Fleming, Totowa, New Jersey

24. Glenn Lowy, Farmingville, New York

25. Scott Greengold, Oakdale, New York

26. Michael Crescenzi, North Carolina

27. Rich Verost, Hamburg, New Jersey

28. David Deterra, Jamestown, Rhode Island

29. Jay Bufis, Kendall Park, New Jersey
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

freddiezee

Post by freddiezee » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:58 am

It's so early - I think you can definitely go 4-3-1 for the first weekend. That means 20 more signups in Vegas and 16 in AC - I think that is very realistic given the pace they are moving at right now.

Don M

Post by Don M » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:44 pm

Is there a list of sign ups for the main event somewhere by venue?

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Originally posted by Don M:

Is there a list of sign ups for the main event somewhere by venue? The 2010 NFBC Sign-ups topic would answer the mail here
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:29 am

Originally posted by Don M:

Is there a list of sign ups for the main event somewhere by venue? Yes, every signup for every contest is listed in the NFBC Signup Forum. Click on the NFBC Classic Signup List and you'll see the breakdown for every city, including the Online Main Event that you are in Don.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:14 am

We are now at 321 signups for the Classic which means we have fewer than 85 GUARANTEED spots remaining. We've had a great day of signups for a number of our events today so interest remains at a fever pitch. Greg and I are reaching out to many of our top finishers from last year who haven't signed up yet so now's the time to secure your spot because they won't last for long.

So what are you waiting for? Sign up today.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:18 am

Originally posted by freddiezee:

It's so early - I think you can definitely go 4-3-1 for the first weekend. That means 20 more signups in Vegas and 16 in AC - I think that is very realistic given the pace they are moving at right now. We're working on league 3 for Atlantic City now, so there's no turning back on at least 3-3-1. We have FOUR guaranteed spots for the Flamingo main event, so come join us for the first weekend of March Madness and the NFBC main event. Awesome job everyone.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:41 am

We're only three signups away from filling up our 22nd league. That means we have fewer than 80 GUARANTEED spots remaining. You don't want to wait much longer because demand continues to be intense. So what are you waiting for? Sign up today and grab a spot in what promises to be the greatest season for the NFBC yet.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:42 am

We're now at 330 teams folks. That means there are only 75 GUARANTEED spots remaining. You better not wait too much longer if you haven't signed up yet.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:53 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

We're now at 330 teams folks. That means there are only 75 GUARANTEED spots remaining. You better not wait too much longer if you haven't signed up yet. Everyone, this is insanely good. I can't tell you how proud I am of the great interest in our event this year. Everyone here in St. Louis is working so hard to make the site and the back-end the best you've seen and the hard work is paying off. More good stuff is on the way.

330 signups SIX WEEKS BEFORE DRAFT DAY!! I mean, c'mon, that's insane. We SOLD OUT in 2005 with 300 teams, we SOLD OUT with 330 teams in 2006. Now we're only 75 spots away from our record number of 405 entries and pitchers and catchers haven't even reported yet for spring training. Wow.

Thanks all. We'll keep working hard and fill this baby up. Please, let's put old man winter behind us and start seeing some spring training action. I think we could all use that!! :D Thanks again all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DiamondKing

Post by DiamondKing » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:37 am

I am sure Greg and Tom are going to miss those 25 hour days leading up to the main event this year.
All pigs are created equal.Some are more equal than others.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:21 am

Originally posted by DiamondKing:

I am sure Greg and Tom are going to miss those 25 hour days leading up to the main event this year. I sure hope that happens this year, but I see a busy schedule nonetheless!! :D

Anyway, right now we have 335 teams officially locked in for the main event and another one on the way, so that gives us less than 70 guaranteed spots left. Wow, amazing. Good job all while I was MIA from the boards. But now I'm baaaaaaaaack, and I'm going to push for these final signups. :D Be ready folks, I'm making phone calls this next week to lock more people in.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:04 am

We're closing in on our 23rd full main event league as we're now at 340 teams. That leaves us with 65 GUARANTEED SPOTS LEFT!!! Let's keep it going. Thanks all and jump in soon or possibly be left out of the big dance in 2010.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:50 am

We filled up our 23rd main event league this morning and already have our first signup for League No. 24!! We now have LESS THAN 60 GUARANTEED SPOTS LEFT for the NFBC Main Event. Wow, pretty wild a week before pitchers and catchers report.

Let's keep it going. Don't be left behind. Get signed up NOW!!!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:01 pm

Hey Greg,

IT looks like the welcome wagon has crash and burn on the side of the road.Any chance you are going to be able to catch up?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:08 pm

Originally posted by Roy's Outlaws:

Hey Greg,

IT looks like the welcome wagon has crash and burn on the side of the road.Any chance you are going to be able to catch up? It really has crashed and I apologize for that. Damn, I wish I could catch up but I think that's going to be tough. I'll see what I can do once we get caught up. I'll do my best.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:49 am

We're having another good day of signups for the main event and now have just 50 GUARANTEED SPOTS LEFT for the main event!! We're at 355 now. Glad to see Kelly Uganski coming back to the Flamingo for the first weekend's main event, Scott Fleming adding the Bellagio to his weekend of fun, Raj Patel coming to Citi Field and Thomas Hogg and Cory Sarge coming to Atlantic City. Great day again.

Thanks all and let's keep 'em coming. Thanks everyone.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:41 pm

We now have 24 full leagues for the NFBC's main event, a total of 360 teams signed, sealed and delivered. WOW!!! That leaves us with 45 guaranteed spots remaining for the NFBC Classic. We are averaging over 35 main event signups a week for the past month now, so we could be at 400+ before March 1st. Very exciting.

Let's see how these final spots go, but please don't wait too long if you're planning to get in. We can make each city work out perfectly if all falls right, but no matter what the first 405 signups have the right to compete for the $100,000 grand prize. After that, we'll make decisions that lead us to full leagues in each city and venue if that's at all possible.

Let's GET IT DONE!!! Who's ready to help fill this big dance up? :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius