NFBC Rookie Invitational Satellite League- League is Full!!!

J. Halenka

Post by J. Halenka » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:05 pm

Alright I'm in as well. I'm in a couple of slow drafts and never played in the main. Sign me up.

Joe Halenka

Ryan C

Post by Ryan C » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:12 pm

Welcome aboard Joe - I'll put you on the list.
Mastersball

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” - Albert Einstein

Ryan C

Post by Ryan C » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:16 pm

Originally posted by Alfred Newman:

Ryan will KDS preferneces be in play for the R.I.? Yes - once the league is full we will run KDS just like any other NFBC league.
Mastersball

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” - Albert Einstein

SUPERFLY

Post by SUPERFLY » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:18 pm

Ryan,

Found an old NFBC username from a long time ago...I PM'd you at MB site.

I am a 100% rookie. Would love to donate my 125 to learn..I havent done a straight draft in 5+ years.

Ryan C

Post by Ryan C » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:30 pm

Originally posted by SUPERFLY:

Ryan,

Found an old NFBC username from a long time ago...I PM'd you at MB site.

I am a 100% rookie. Would love to donate my 125 to learn..I havent done a straight draft in 5+ years. Thanks Dave - I got your message there and you are on the list.
Mastersball

Ryan C

Post by Ryan C » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:37 pm

Nate Ouellette also contacted me over at Mastersball - and asked that he be added to the list. We hold your spot Nate and I'll talk to you tomorrow once you check on your availability.

Okay - this league is filling up fast and I'm getting excited! I've got a few more surprises that are being finalized and I hope to be able to share them soon - but if today is any indication this league should be full soon. While we have 10 spots dedicated to rookies - we can go to 12 if the demand is there. If you are on the fence about this league - grab a spot before they disappear.
Mastersball

Ryan C

Post by Ryan C » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:03 pm

Okay the Rookie Invitational has added another "veteran" to the list. Brian Oakchunas, aka bjoak here on the boards, will be bringing his NFBC action to the Rookie league for 2010! Brian like to talk strategy, stats and numbers, and will be getting part of his NFBC fix with us this year. Brian won't be in the Main Event this season - but he's been there before and right now is likely tweaking a spreadsheet full of projections.

Welcome aboard Brian!
Mastersball

Ryan C

Post by Ryan C » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:12 pm

It was a good day for the Rookie League as we added another heavy hitter to the lineup. Ken Magner, aka Sack here on the boards, has come on board as our final veteran. I had a great talk with Ken earlier and he is eager to join in the fun and ready and willing to talk strategy this year. Ken will be the only veteran who WILL be playing in the Main Event. He'll also be playing in one of the Super leagues this year - so Rookies you better start studying. :D

Ken looking forward to the conversation and will be helping out with our weekly FAAB chats.

Welcome aboard Ken!
Mastersball

mbendar

Post by mbendar » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:34 pm

Ryan,

Thanks for the work in putting this together. It looks like we're close to a full league with a good group of veterans. At least for me, I didn't want to jump into the main event without knowing what it takes to compete. This league should be a great opportunity to learn and at the same time, give us "rookies" a chance at a 2011 Main Event entry. I know it won't be easy.

Mark

Ryan C

Post by Ryan C » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:21 pm

No it won't be easy for any of us :D - but hopefully it will be fun - that's what we're shooting for.

Hey mark can you email me at [email protected]. I can't seem to pm you and I want to get your contact info.

Thanks.
Mastersball

Sack

Post by Sack » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:45 pm

"I would love to see SACK or Oaktown or some other CDM DC vets in this, a good group of guys with lots O experience and info to share."

DOUBLE X:

You realize, this is all your fault! How could I pass on the chance? Ryan presented a solid concept. I appreciate his kind words and look forward to competing in this league, should be a learning experience for ALL of us that take part.

Sorry I couldn't respond on the CDM/BBS, but once they took DOWN the Diamond Challenge posting priviledges from last season, I had no way to reply . Should be a blast JIM, good luck.

Ryan C

Post by Ryan C » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:35 am

Ok - we've got another NFBC virgin on board.

Todd Easterling will be playing in his first NFBC style league with us here in the Rookie Invitational. Todd found me over on the HQ boards - so we will have at least one Shandlerite participating.

Welcome aboard Todd!
Mastersball

Sack

Post by Sack » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:39 am

Ryan - the locak SHANDLER FORUM in the NY/NJ area will be in Teaneck, NJ on March 6th. Always a must for me in prepping for the NFBC. Great info, not cheap at $40, but a good investment for anybody participating in March leagues.

I'll be there with my son and a few CDM regulars. Hoping Rick Wilton and Todd Zola will be speaking.

Ryan C

Post by Ryan C » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:44 am

Mmmmm - I may have to sneak up there this year - I'll look at my schedule and see if I can make the train ride up.
Mastersball

Ryan C

Post by Ryan C » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:29 am

Ok - we have snagged another "rookie" for the league. Nick Passarelli will be trying his hand in an NFBC league for the first time.

Welcome aboard Nick!
Mastersball

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:40 am

Ryan, how many sets of Boards are you on? :D

Rate them for us?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Sack

Post by Sack » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:45 am

Ryan:

Be a great chance to discuss the league if you decide to make the Shandler Forum.

Ryan C

Post by Ryan C » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:13 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

Ryan, how many sets of Boards are you on? :D

Rate them for us? Funny you asked - but really I'm only active on two other boards - HQ and MB. I advertised the league in those two spots to get some players who were truly new to the format.

I've been a member at HQ I think since like 2006 - but didn't really start posting over there til 2008. Like Gekko said in an earlier thread - there a lots of "worker" bees over there that provide lots of updates. I sometimes post over there - but I browse more than I post. There is a lot of activity over there throughout the season and the Moderators are pretty on top of any nonsense. They run a fairly tight ship over there.

I joined Mastersball.com on their relaunch last year and got involved in a Dynasty league and a subscriber league on the boards over there. I've done the site's Mock Draft two years running. They are re-growing their community over there - but next to these boards - that's where you'll see me the most come baseball time. There is a lot going on over there right now with the CreativeSports merger and more NFBC related info than they've had in year's past seems to be in the pipeline since so many of the in house guys play in the ME.

NFBC boards - these boards are great from now til draft day -excitement, Gekko, Doughboys, signups - etc. then you know how it goes - things quiet down quite a bit once the games begin. Not much talk here. Just the nature of the contest - but once the season starts - these boards lose a lot of their fun for me.

[ February 18, 2010, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Ryan Carey ]
Mastersball

Money

Post by Money » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:15 am

When is the rookie league draft?
Joe

Ryan C

Post by Ryan C » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:20 am

Right now we are slated to draft on Sunday March 14th at 7pm EST. I wanted to avoid both Main Event weekends and not draft late in March to avoid local league commitments. So this weekend made the most sense. Things could change once we get the entire league on board - but right now you should plan on being able to draft at that time if you want to join up.
Mastersball

Ryan C

Post by Ryan C » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:27 am

Originally posted by Sack:

Ryan:

Be a great chance to discuss the league if you decide to make the Shandler Forum. Ken - just spoke to Todd Z - and yeah he'll be there. So I've decided I HAVE to come just to meet you two guys in person. I just have to figure out how to get out there now ;) luckily my wifes family is in Jersey so I'll probably stay there on Sat. - then take a train up.

I've always thought about going to one of these - so thanks for giving me some incentive to attend.
Mastersball

Andrew N

Post by Andrew N » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:56 am

Ryan-

I just got access to this board and wanted to sign up for the rookie league. I never played any fanball/nfbc games and thought the rookie piece might be best for me. please advise on what I need to do next.

Regards

Andrew N

Austin TX

Sack

Post by Sack » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:21 am

Ryan:

Hit the cell, when you can. Maybe you can take the trip up to Teaneck with my Son and I.

Greg will tell you, the CHIP is the brains of the operation.

Ryan C

Post by Ryan C » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:19 am

Okay I have another member who PM'd me - Tom Breslin who also is joining up. We are almost full here.
Mastersball

Ryan C

Post by Ryan C » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:04 am

Okay we have ONE last spot that has just been made available for another "rookie" to join up.

Perry (Captain Hook)Van Hook was the first member of the NFBC community to contact me and offer me encouragement and assistance for this league. Perry was going to play with us this year - but he won't be able to now due to prior committments. Perry has agreed to help me as a special consultant to the league and he will be joining us when he can to give advice and join in the chat sessions. While I am sad to lose Perry as a player - I look forward to having his help in making this a fun endeavor for everyone.

So - we will go with the four veterans that we have on board and open the last spot up for whoever wants it! I really would love to get this league filled up today - so we can move on to the next step. I have a few more announcements for the league which I will be make as soon as we get this last spot filled!!!

[ February 22, 2010, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Ryan Carey ]
Mastersball