Can We Fill An Ultimate Draft and Ultimate Auction League?

The RoundTrippers

Post by The RoundTrippers » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:30 am

no 4th in leagues other than the diamond

The RoundTrippers

Post by The RoundTrippers » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:37 am

and make it a requirement to pay ALL leagues above the main event to pay by check. why give cc companies this money?? it just hurts us(players and fanball)in the long/short run!!! if everyone was to pay by check and they are all cleared then fanball/nfbc etc can put ALL that money in a cd or some form of solid investment(kj would know best) for 7 months and then maybe all leagues would have a 93.3 percent return. just random thoughts from a distorted mind!! :D

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:53 am

Originally posted by The RoundTrippers:

and make it a requirement to pay ALL leagues above the main event to pay by check. why give cc companies this money?? it just hurts us(players and fanball)in the long/short run!!! if everyone was to pay by check and they are all cleared then fanball/nfbc etc can put ALL that money in a cd or some form of solid investment(kj would know best) for 7 months and then maybe all leagues would have a 93.3 percent return. just random thoughts from a distorted mind!! :D take cc's completely out of the equation and your revenue drops at least 25%. Terrible idea. You could however raise the price for cc participants and offer a cash discount to those who pay with cash.

The RoundTrippers

Post by The RoundTrippers » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:04 am

i see your point chest. a good idea. but keep in mind 15 people came up with 10k for the payouts n perks. if those options are set in front of most people and the have 6 months to figure it out you would see ALOT more people paying by check. wow, can you imagine putting 5k on your credit card not finishing in the money and ponying up ALL those monies over the course of a few years. thats not a 5k entry more like 10k...right??

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:20 am

Originally posted by The RoundTrippers:

i see your point chest. a good idea. but keep in mind 15 people came up with 10k for the payouts n perks. if those options are set in front of most people and the have 6 months to figure it out you would see ALOT more people paying by check. wow, can you imagine putting 5k on your credit card not finishing in the money and ponying up ALL those monies over the course of a few years. thats not a 5k entry more like 10k...right?? Rick,

I bet it happens more than we would ever dream. I think you are right a great portion would be paying by check. You also need credit cards for those who pay with their tax refund and do not have it yet. Don't get me started on free loans to the govt.

Money

Post by Money » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:29 am

Originally posted by Gekko:

quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:

An extra $2,500 allotted to 4th place? As a friend of mine would say, coming in 4th and getting half your money is like getting a hand job. Play to win folks! paying out 4th place is asking for alternate strategy approaches. [/QUOTE]And what's wrong with "Alternate Strategy Approaches"? Is there only one way to win? I welcome them.
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:40 am

Despite all of this talk about credit cards on this thread, I think we did accomplish one thing this week: We may have filled up the Ultimate Auction League!! Scott Fleming jumped in this morning to grab a spot. Can you confirm Scott that you are going to have the ULTIMATE week in Las Vegas with us, starting with the Interactive Sports Conference on Wednesday??

Awesome. We will have two tentative owners on this list, but this is really a great, great group. We couldn't have filled this league without moving it to 4 pm on Sunday, so kudos to EVERYONE who made this work. If you still have interest in this league, let me know because anything can happen. But here's the tentative lineup right now:

2010 NFBC ULTIMATE AUCTION LEAGUE

Bellagio Las Vegas

Sunday, March 28, 4 p.m. PST

1. Lindy Hinkelman, Greencreek, Idaho

2. Dave Potts, Auburn, Alabama

3. KJ Duke, San Diego, California

4. David Longood, Salem, Oregon

5. Jason Santucci (tentative, would like Super Auction)

6. Ken Norred, Ashland, Alabama

7. Jim Ferrari, San Diego, California

8. Will Tyrer, Beverly Hills, California

9. James Stanard, Chatham, New Jersey

10. Josh Blumenreich, Phoenix, Arizona

11. Yoni Bornstein, Miami Florida

12. Kevin Kirves, Lexington, Kentucky

13. Glenn Schroter, Whitestone, New York

14. Scott Fleming, Totowa, New Jersey

15. Dave Cushard, Jackson, Michigan (tentative)
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:42 am

And since this thread has gone a new course, I may start a new thread seeking a way to fill up an Ultimate Draft League. Let's get it done.

Also, if we can finalize the two Saturday Super Leagues in the next week, I'll videotape the draft selections when I'm in St. Louis in early March and post those along with the Diamond League. Could be some fun in another 10 days or so. Is anyone ready for some DRAFT SLOTS?!!! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:42 am

Originally posted by Fast Money:

And what's wrong with "Alternate Strategy Approaches"? Is there only one way to win? I welcome them. if someone wins (or even comes in 2nd) in the Diamond League with an alternate strategy, you better get your ear plugs cause there's gonna be some shouting!

Da bears

Post by Da bears » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:53 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

And since this thread has gone a new course, I may start a new thread seeking a way to fill up an Ultimate Draft League. Let's get it done.

Also, if we can finalize the two Saturday Super Leagues in the next week, I'll videotape the draft selections when I'm in St. Louis in early March and post those along with the Diamond League. Could be some fun in another 10 days or so. Is anyone ready for some DRAFT SLOTS?!!! :D Sounds great Greg!! I'll take my draft spot for the Super at that time. :cool: :cool:
-Bauler Shot Caller

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:31 am

Ok Greg, between you and KOQ my Q's are answered.

The differences I saw came from the VIP package deal and the no-CC policy for the Diamond which I wasnt aware of. That's why I asked.

I think the pricing issue that needs to be addressed in the future is the gap between those 2 lges since the Diamond appeared much more attractive from an ROI standpoint, thus nearly killing the Ultimate. If you offer a similar deal for either (VIP package, cash-only discount,etc), problem solved even if the Diamond has a higher pct payout - so long as it isnt so much higher that the absolute dollars is less than that of an Ultimate. If it were me, I think jacking the ULT to 90% probably generates more demand for those and cutting the Diamond slightly, to say 92.5% wouldn't lose you any players there while more than making up for the slightly lower revs from the ULT.

Secondly, there's no reason the pct has to changed for the Supers compared to the Ultimate. Nice red herring in the debate ;) , but that wasn't the point. You can raise the price on those and thereby reduce demand if you wish, but I doubt that helps the fanball bottom line.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:52 am

KJ, I'm just glad you allowed me time to look at my own pricing and my own prize payouts before asking me to give a good response. As you can see from yesterday's announcements, I was busy working with the Bellagio, with Ryan on the Double Play announcements, emailing every single Flamingo signup with the new room rates at the Bellagio, taking signups and phone calls, etc., and wasn't sitting on the boards. I never ignored your question, I barely saw it.

I'm glad I took time last night and this morning to address it fully. I didn't see a $3K difference and I'm glad Glenn verified that. We're cool on all of this.

Paying by check would be ideal for everyone and maybe there'd be some savings to pass on. But it's tougher to fill leagues that way, unless everyone signs up and pays early like we've seen this year. Everything has been great so far and the Diamond guys all came through. We'll consider.

Okay, now in the meantime we've found 15 possible owners for the Ultimate Auction League. What a last 24 hours it's been for that event. Not all are guaranteed just yet, but we're moving closer to a full league. That's what we all wanted, right?
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:57 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Okay, now in the meantime we've found 15 possible owners for the Ultimate Auction League. What a last 24 hours it's been for that event. Not all are guaranteed just yet, but we're moving closer to a full league. That's what we all wanted, right? And it's become quite a line-up! :D

Now see what you can do about getting the football check to me. ;)