First NFBC ADP Available Next Week To Members

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:03 am

We have 20+ NFBC Slow Drafts going on right now or finished and we ran our first two pay satellite leagues this week. So right now we have enough data to compile a good NFBC ADP list and we're going to do that early next week.

Here's the catch: We'll email this NFBC ADP list to all 2010 members, meaning you have to be signed up for one of our pay leagues this year. Geoff will work on the details of when this will be sent out or posted somewhere for you and he will work with our IT team to get this to you. The key is that you must be in our data base as signed up for any league, including satellites, Online Championships or live events.

I'm looking forward to the first ADP list. This will be the earliest we've ever provided one. We'll have future ADP lists in March too. I don't have a schedule for that yet as it will depend on the number of pay leagues we run each week, but look for at least two more before Draft Day and maybe three. Thanks all.

If you have any questions about the ADP, feel free to post here. And Geoff, let the folks know when you think that list will be available. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:16 am

Greg, In the past you gave this out to Sat drafts only. Is this still true? I thought it was one reason to sign up for them. But if your going to give this out to everyone who signs up for the NFBC I'll pass next year on the Sat leagues.

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:26 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

We have 20+ NFBC Slow Drafts going on right now or finished and we ran our first two pay satellite leagues this week. So right now we have enough data to compile a good NFBC ADP list and we're going to do that early next week.

Here's the catch: We'll email this NFBC ADP list to all 2010 members, meaning you have to be signed up for one of our pay leagues this year. Geoff will work on the details of when this will be sent out or posted somewhere for you and he will work with our IT team to get this to you. The key is that you must be in our data base as signed up for any league, including satellites, Online Championships or live events.

I'm looking forward to the first ADP list. This will be the earliest we've ever provided one. We'll have future ADP lists in March too. I don't have a schedule for that yet as it will depend on the number of pay leagues we run each week, but look for at least two more before Draft Day and maybe three. Thanks all.

If you have any questions about the ADP, feel free to post here. And Geoff, let the folks know when you think that list will be available. Thanks. It looks like four slow drafts will finish up this weekend, so I'm guessing sometime Tuesday for the first ADP report -- Wednesday at the absolute latest.
Geoffrey Stein - (No Longer)Senior Editor, Fanball.com (R.I.P.)
[email protected]
AIM: gstein729

freddiezee

Post by freddiezee » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:54 am

Greg said all members in a pay league so I would assume that means live events too.

Fred

Oaktown

Post by Oaktown » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:46 am

Awesome news, look forward to it.

Potter

Post by Potter » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:58 am

Has Walla ever quit something 12 months ahead of time? Imagine the opportunities to waffle. Must feel awesome.

Has he ever actually quit something he said he was gonna?

If you do more than one sat a year, then you must have other reasons for participating in them. You could substitute "if" with "since".

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:17 am

Originally posted by Potter:

Has he ever actually quit something he said he was gonna?

yes, he was in a slow draft with me this year and went on auto beginning around his 5th pick and never went off. duh! :D :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:44 am

Originally posted by Walla Walla:

Greg, In the past you gave this out to Sat drafts only. Is this still true? I thought it was one reason to sign up for them. But if your going to give this out to everyone who signs up for the NFBC I'll pass next year on the Sat leagues. Last year we gave them to Satellite league owners and Online Championship owners. We started in March and provided two more before Draft Day. Yes, we did use this as an incentive to join the online events and since the ADPs were generated by those owners I wanted to reward those owners.

This year with so much excitement so early in all of our events, I thought it made sense to give these to everyone. Some of those owners generating the ADPs are main event owners in the Slow Drafts. Yes, those are satellite leagues, but I think so many are doing them that right now it's good to extend the ADPs to all involved. It will just continue to keep the momentum going for the NFBC while others try to get started.

Hope that helps.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:53 pm

Geeko, I went on auto because after the very first day I'd had enough of your bitching about how I was holding up the draft! Slow draft my ass!

I'll never do another draft with you! Hey you can have your $125 league. No big deal for me. I'm after bigger fish. Not some punk guppy like you.

If you had any Balls you'd do Las Vegas! ;)

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:07 pm

Originally posted by Walla Walla:

Geeko, I went on auto because after the very first day I'd had enough of your bitching about how I was holding up the draft! Slow draft my ass!

I'll never do another draft with you! Hey you can have your $125 league. No big deal for me. I'm after bigger fish. Not some punk guppy like you.

If you had any Balls you'd do Las Vegas! ;) whatever you say Mr. Auto

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:18 pm

A quick note on this....

I just sent the info in to have it ADP'd.

There will be 13 45-round slow drafts included in the report, so expect quality information.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get this out late-tomorrow, but Tuesday at the latest.

Thanks, folks.
[email protected]

High Octane Baseball

Post by High Octane Baseball » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:06 pm

First year in the NFBC and i was looking around for a ADP and this is great news to hear one is coming out so quickly

chimpat

Post by chimpat » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:38 am

Geoff, still looking like this will be sent out today? Excited to get a look at some early results. Thanks.

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:40 am

Originally posted by chimpat:

Geoff, still looking like this will be sent out today? Excited to get a look at some early results. Thanks. Hoping so.

There was an issue with the report generator that puts the ADP together, so I'm hoping a programmer got around to fixing it last night, as I was told.

I'll send out a few e-mails right now to see where we stand.
[email protected]

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:02 am

Originally posted by Geoffrey Stein:

A quick note on this....

There will be 13 45-round slow drafts included in the report, so expect quality information.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get this out late-tomorrow, but Tuesday at the latest.

Thanks, folks. Geoff,

Are any of the Nov/Dec slow drafts included in the adp report. the info from them is likely "old news"

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:05 am

I greatly apologize, but it looks like this is going to have to wait one more day.

Unfortunately, the issue is out of the control of everyone at Fanball, including myself, so we're at the mercy of others here.
[email protected]

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:08 am

Originally posted by Gekko:

quote:Originally posted by Geoffrey Stein:

A quick note on this....

Thanks, folks. Geoff,

Are any of the Nov/Dec slow drafts included in the adp report. the info from them is likely "old news"
[/QUOTE]Every completed 45-round slow draft is included, yes.

We will be sending out fresh, satellite ADP lists in the coming weeks, however, so the latest movers and shakers will be evident.
[email protected]

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:13 am

I greatly apologize, but it looks like this is going to have to wait one more day.

Unfortunately, the issue is out of the control of everyone at Fanball, including myself, so we're at the mercy of others here. get me the results and i can throw them in a database that will spit out the adp report. this isn't rocket science.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:13 am

Every completed 45-round slow draft is included, yes.

We will be sending out fresh, satellite ADP lists in the coming weeks, however, so the latest movers and shakers will be evident. thx

chimpat

Post by chimpat » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:40 am

Unfortunately, the issue is out of the control of everyone at Fanball, including myself, so we're at the mercy of others here. Thanks for the update Geoff.

DoubleX

Post by DoubleX » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:32 am

Unfortunately, the issue is out of the control of everyone at Fanball, including myself, so we're at the mercy of others here. No worries, thanks for all the updates.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:05 am

Unfortunately, the issue is out of the control of everyone at Fanball, including myself, so we're at the mercy of others here. get me the results and i can throw them in a database that will spit out the adp report. this isn't rocket science.
[/QUOTE]just reread what i wrote and i said it a little too harsh. sorry about that Geoff .

just disappointed this was pushed back. at least we all have something to look forward to tomorrow.

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:14 am

quote:Originally posted by Gekko:

[/QUOTE]just reread what i wrote and i said it a little too harsh. sorry about that Geoff .

just disappointed this was pushed back. at least we all have something to look forward to tomorrow.
[/QUOTE]No offense taken, bud.

Believe me, I want to get the results out to you guys almost as much as you want them.
[email protected]

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:14 am

"Moe, Larry, Cheese"

I like perusing through ADP just like the next guy but did not realize how rabid some can get for it. Up the voltage on your treatments folks.
We drove 22 miles, country around Farmington. Signs started appearing. THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED BARN IN AMERICA. Cars,tour bus,cameras;postcards sold.

No one sees the barn,

They are taking pictures of taking pictures
-Don DeLillo
@Sebadiah23, IG:sebadiah26

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:17 am

Originally posted by Sebadiah23:

Up the voltage on your treatments folks. how much do you use?