Fantasy Baseball Web sites

rodrego66

Post by rodrego66 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:04 pm

I have been surfing this message board the the last couple of days to find out some of the latest information on the web sites and when they might go live. As most of you know most of the sites are pretty hush hush about this and the best information that I have found is on this site. So I am wondering if anyone has an update in the agreement with some of the sites and mlb?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:57 pm

Everything will play out this week. If the sites you're looking at are licensed for 2005, they should be live on Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. But then, what do I know???
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

rodrego66

Post by rodrego66 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:20 pm

Thanks Greg, You have been very helpful. The guys in my league, myself included, are afraid they will pull the rug out or rape us for more money.

Also, I have been reading alot about the NFBC on this board for obvious reasons. What exactly is it?

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:04 pm

Originally posted by rodrego66:

Thanks Greg, You have been very helpful. The guys in my league, myself included, are afraid they will pull the rug out or rape us for more money.

Also, I have been reading alot about the NFBC on this board for obvious reasons. What exactly is it? NFBC = National Fantasy Baseball Championship. You pay $1250 entry fee, live draft in NYC, Chicago or Las Vegas (your choice). There is league cash and overall cash ($100k) paid out.

Jump in - and come play!

Dave
Just Some Guy

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:31 pm

Also, I have been reading alot about the NFBC on this board for obvious reasons. What exactly is it? As Dave said the NFBC stands for National Fantasy Baseball Championship. It's the fantasy industry's only multi-city, high-stakes fantasy baseball event. We'll have 300 teams in three cities (Vegas, New York and Chicago) competing for a $100,000 grand prize as well as individual league prizes. The main event is a draft, but we also have auctions (AL-only, NL-only and Mixed League) that we'll be running in each city as well.

This is our second year running the event. Our champion last year was Artie Rastelli of Hoboken, N.J. and he'll be back to defend his title in March. If you came across these message boards, but missed the main site just go to http://www.fantasybaseballchampionship.com and there you'll find a list of our rules, prize structure and an answer to every question you might have.

But if you have more questions, feel free to post them here or you can contact Greg or myself directly either via e-mail ([email protected] or [email protected]) or by phone (715 445-4612 ext. 284 for Greg and 715 445-4612 ext. 653 for myself) and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have. Or better yet, sign you up.

[ January 31, 2005, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

rodrego66

Post by rodrego66 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:53 pm

As much as would love to, the $1,250 entry fee is a little steep.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:00 pm

I'm sorry for not investigating the rule book...

But if you had a big jump in interest this year...would you still cap it at 300...or 1whatever for Vegas...just curious...I'd be ready to expand if I were you.

Great product!

~Lance
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:48 am

As much as would love to, the $1,250 entry fee is a little steep. I understand. If you were interested in something at a lower price point we also have $650 auction leagues as well.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:28 am

Lance, we will not expand this year's event much beyond 300 if we even go past 300. My goal is to have full leagues in each city, so if that means 300 or 315, that's where we'll sit. We are limited in the amount of space we have at the Rio because the entire convention area is booked with a sewing convention (honestly) and a World Series of Poker satellite tournament. We have space for 120 teams right now and I'm desperately pushing to get space that would accommodate 150 teams. I should know if I can get that by the end of the week. Yes, we could have originally reserved more space, but honestly last year at this time we were just trying to hang on and we didn't expect such a great second year. So if we leave money on the table, it's our own fault.

We have enough space in New York for 120 and the same in Chicago. So depending how the numbers play out, we'll see what happens. But right now I'll gladly sell out at 300 and let the best team win. In 2006, we may add a fourth city and expand well beyond 300, but I have no intention of expanding too fast or getting too unrealistic. I'm from the Midwest, so I'm conservative! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

rodrego66

Post by rodrego66 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:33 am

Does anyone have any info on the sites. Today tomorrow next week?

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:55 am

rodrego66, They all start 12 Feb.

rodrego66

Post by rodrego66 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:02 am

On a Saturday?