So, Who is Coming to Vegas?

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:21 am

This looks to be a great competition. I am wondering who is coming to Vegas to battle with me there?

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:21 am

I live in Las Vegas and won last year's AL LABR (League of Alternative Baseball Reality) chamionship. So, I'm considering it. I've never been in a big money rotisserie league and it has it's appeal.

Does anybody have any idea when I would have to enter by before all 300 slots are locked up?

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:22 am

Congratulations Bryan on winning the AL LABR League title last year. That was pretty much a wire-to-wire title for you. We've hooked up together the last two years at various events and it would be good to have you in the NFBC this year.

Obviously we'd love to fill up all 300 spots as soon as possible, but realistically I'm sure there will be space available for those who wait until after the holidays. But I will tell you that Las Vegas is generating the most interest thus far (wouldn't have anything to do with the fact our draft is also the first weekend of the NCAA tournament, would it?) and space is limited in each city. So the first 100+ in each city will get in.

We hope to see you in Las Vegas as you'll have the home field advantage! Thanks for inquiring and welcome to the NFBC.

I'd like to know how many entries will you have to have to assure the event takes place?

As you probably know the WCOFB is taking place at the same time and I'm not sure there are enough gamers to keep both events afloat.

We have meeting room space and commitments at three different locations, so I don't think there's any looking back from our end. Those contracts don't contain any "outs." The NFBC will take place on March 19-20 in Las Vegas, New York and Chicago. I can't speak for the WCOFB, which is shooting for 75 teams just in Las Vegas with a $24,000 grand prize, but interest in our event in just the couple of days we've announced this has been fabulous. I think there's a real interest in baseball this coming year and by us bringing this event to three different regions of the country I think we'll reach our goal. I understand your concern with a first time event, but Krause Publications is already hosting another event (the Fantasy Sports Trade Conference) at the Rio on March 17-18, so there is NO chance that this event will be canceled there. It will be held in some way, shape or form.

We'll honestly give you a head-count of signups as the weeks progress to reassure everyone that this event will take place. But trust me, the interest is there and the Vegas field looks to be drawing the most interest just from the people who have said they are going to compete.

Keep asking the tough questions and hopefully we'll have the answers.

im there