If You See Any Roster Errors

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:33 am

I'll let Geoff address this today, but a few folks have emailed me to say they've found a roster error from the first weekend's live drafts. That happens and we can correct that easily. For now, just email any changes you see are needed to Geoff at [email protected] and he will get it to the right source at Fanball. Thanks all and please look over your rosters carefully. They should all be loaded now. Good luck all.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:35 am

I dont see my roster from a January 1 slow draft..draft champion draft yet. Are those still being loaded?

The Mighty Men

Post by The Mighty Men » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:03 am

Someone please let us know on the Message Board when revised lineups can be saved, because it is really frustrating to try and change the lineup and the changes won't save. :mad:

This has been pointed out now for days by others.
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

ThatGuy

Post by ThatGuy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:15 am

On my roster Troy Glaus only qualifies at UTL and not 3B. Anyone else have this problem?

Bama

Post by Bama » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:17 am

The rosters for the march 19 LV mixed auction are not loaded under proper person. I got Shawn's sheety team showing as mine team and my sheety team is showing with dregs.

[ March 25, 2010, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: Bama ]

Ryan C

Post by Ryan C » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:32 am

Add the March 14th Rookie Invitational League to the list of leagues that haven't been uploaded yet.

My other league looks good.
Mastersball

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” - Albert Einstein

Finkel

Post by Finkel » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:34 am

When will see our teams from the 3/20 Mainevent???

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:44 am

Originally posted by ThatGuy:

On my roster Troy Glaus only qualifies at UTL and not 3B. Anyone else have this problem? I noticed (at least on the graphical option) that Prado is not set for 2b and Headley is not set for 3b. At least they couldn't be slotted into the MI or CI spots.

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:06 am

Originally posted by Bama:

The rosters for the march 19 LV mixed auction are not loaded under proper person. I got Shawn's sheety team showing as mine team and my sheety team is showing with dregs. Wow, the auction is a f*cking mess. We have Scott's team, Dave has our team. Your teams are screwed up. Awesome.

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:38 am

Originally posted by NorCalAtlFan:

quote:Originally posted by Bama:

The rosters for the march 19 LV mixed auction are not loaded under proper person. I got Shawn's sheety team showing as mine team and my sheety team is showing with dregs. Wow, the auction is a f*cking mess. We have Scott's team, Dave has our team. Your teams are screwed up. Awesome. [/QUOTE]I've reported the auction error to the tech team; that will get taken care of.

If you don't see your rosters listed, please hold tight -- still a work in progress.
Geoffrey Stein - (No Longer)Senior Editor, Fanball.com (R.I.P.)
[email protected]
AIM: gstein729

gregdoyle

Post by gregdoyle » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:33 am

I still cannot save my rosters ... $125 Slow Draft #5

Nevadaman

Post by Nevadaman » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:50 pm

On my $325 Jan 1 slow draft, I have a placeholder instead of Ben Revere OF. My 3/20 Main Event team has not been loaded at all as of 5:50pm PST Thr.

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:08 pm

Originally posted by Nevadaman:

On my $325 Jan 1 slow draft, I have a placeholder instead of Ben Revere OF. My 3/20 Main Event team has not been loaded at all as of 5:50pm PST Thr. I will be manually entering the Placeholders sometime soon.

Thanks for your patience.
[email protected]

billywaz

Post by billywaz » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:27 pm

This thread should be renamed....

"If you see any roster errors YOUR NOT ALONE!" :(

Way too many guys reporting players with incorrect positions, people getting other people's teams.... I guess my "minor" issue isn't that important.

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Originally posted by billywaz:

Way too many guys reporting players with incorrect positions, people getting other people's teams.... I guess my "minor" issue isn't that important. I'm trying my best to keep track of everything while Greg and Tom are away. Please e-mail me if you need help -- it's easy for me to miss a Message Board post.

Thanks, guys.
[email protected]

billywaz

Post by billywaz » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:42 pm

Originally posted by Geoffrey Stein:

quote:Originally posted by billywaz:

Way too many guys reporting players with incorrect positions, people getting other people's teams.... I guess my "minor" issue isn't that important. I'm trying my best to keep track of everything while Greg and Tom are away. Please e-mail me if you need help -- it's easy for me to miss a Message Board post.

Thanks, guys.
[/QUOTE]I'm not upset with you Geoff, and I know you are trying hard.

I did send you a PM this morning, but it shows that it is unread.

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:56 pm

Originally posted by billywaz:

quote:Originally posted by Geoffrey Stein:

Thanks, guys.

[/QUOTE]Read and responded to :)
[email protected]

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:11 pm

It would be fun one year to have everyone keep quiet on all the errors until the season started, then let the floodgates open with the problems...as punishment for having the players do all the error troubleshooting/reporting/beta testing.

Who is this nameless/faceless tech crew?

Please let us know the techie's names at least. They are Fanball employees, correct? How many are there on the team?

These guys need some love! ...or at least some press! :D

[ March 25, 2010, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

billywaz

Post by billywaz » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:17 pm

Originally posted by Geoffrey Stein:

quote:Originally posted by Geoffrey Stein:

Thanks, guys.

[/QUOTE]Read and responded to :)
[/QUOTE]Yep.....thank you! :D

DrDobs

Post by DrDobs » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:25 pm

Geoff,

I'll send you an email as well but you should know my DC slow drafts (#17, #18, #19) have NOT been loaded.

It's worth noting to others out there having dealt with the "fanball tech team" in previous seasons with their football package, we may be in a world of hurt here getting this season off the ground. Them being completely nameless is really only the first sign of trouble..

I *really* hope I'm off base and wrong here because nothing would be more disturbing to me than to see the NFBC get into big trouble working with these guys.....

come on Fanball, get it done!

Jon

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:36 pm

Originally posted by DrDobs:

Geoff,

I'll send you an email as well but you should know my DC slow drafts (#17, #18, #19) have NOT been loaded.

It's worth noting to others out there having dealt with the "fanball tech team" in previous seasons with their football package, we may be in a world of hurt here getting this season off the ground. Them being completely nameless is really only the first sign of trouble..

I *really* hope I'm off base and wrong here because nothing would be more disturbing to me than to see the NFBC get into big trouble working with these guys.....

come on Fanball, get it done!

Jon We are all one team now. Greg, Tom and I will share the few lows and the many highs with everyone else at Fanball :)
[email protected]

mrhambone

Post by mrhambone » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:20 pm

Finkels question still stands. Any idea when week 1 Main event teams will be loaded? I imagine after this weekend but with all the errors I'm reading about hear I'm starting to get nervous. I'd like to know how long I will have to look at FA and deal with the trouble shooting.

Things are getting close and I'm sure you guys will pull it off but man with this much money on the line it would be nice to know that you guys had most this stuff settled. Lots of little things that "testers" should have caught not players. Thanks in advance for a prompt responce. Kyle
Word

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:17 pm

Originally posted by mrhambone:

I'd like to know how long I will have to look at FA and deal with the trouble shooting.

This is a bigger deal than what has been let on.

Being able to look at your league, spot the gems that were not drafted, and place bids accordingly based on opponents rosters is a GIGANTIC part of this game.

I believe we are at close to the one week mark for satellite's first waivers to run.

Let alone the bigger leagues.

We have been as tolerant as we have always been...a few outbursts here and there, but mostly a very patient and faithful bunch.

The reality is setting in that every single issue should have already been corrected long before the first weekend of the main event took place...period.

This has become an issue. Trust...and basing everything on the past issues being resolved when the past has nothing to do with the current is wearing on many here.

It's put up or shut up time. The "first pitch is still two weeks away" argument has lost its luster. As a company aiming to be the cream of the crop...this is a black eye. A professional effort would have had all of its eggs in a row weeks ago, if not months ago.

[ March 26, 2010, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]

~Albert Einstein

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:46 pm

As an action junkie...even you guys have me on edge! :D :D :D

~Albert Einstein

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:57 pm

Hmmmm, one of my teams has a phantom player listed in the classical setup. When I remove the "player" and insert someone else, I get an error message. And on the same team, in the graphical format, it lists my team as having no bench. Good stuff. Way to go techies. My faith in the faab has been restored :rolleyes: