Free agent bidding update

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:47 am

Hey guys,

I've been told that worst case scenario has free agent bidding available at the end of the day tomorrow. The tech team is in the process of making their final tweaks based off of what they learned from the NFBC community at the live drafts this weekend.

I will update this thread when it becomes available.

Thanks!
Geoffrey Stein - (No Longer)Senior Editor, Fanball.com (R.I.P.)
[email protected]
AIM: gstein729

matt25112

Post by matt25112 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:53 am

I was posting on the other thread when this was posted.

Thank You!

swampass

Post by swampass » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:57 am

Originally posted by Geoffrey Stein:

Hey guys,

I've been told that worst case scenario has free agent bidding available at the end of the day tomorrow. The tech team is in the process of making their final tweaks based off of what they learned from the NFBC community at the live drafts this weekend.

Thanks! I'd love to look at my team. So I'd say I'm pretty jealous that people are worrying about FA's already. Main Event LV 1 & 2 are not up.

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:05 am

how about an update on them getting the right teams to the right owners in the auction?

thanks.

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:18 am

geof- you mailbox is full. i do not have my auction team available at all for chicago. i am co owner with gary cutler. also, am i reading this correctly- that internet exporer is not compatable with you software?

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:24 am

Originally posted by headhunters:

geof- you mailbox is full. i do not have my auction team available at all for chicago. i am co owner with gary cutler. also, am i reading this correctly- that internet exporer is not compatable with you software? E-mail with your specific problem and I will look into it.

The site works with IE -- just the "Graphical" option was having problems. It has been disabled right now while it is being worked on; you can still set your roster with the "Classical" option.

Thanks!
[email protected]

Finkel

Post by Finkel » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:42 am

Vegas Main Event Week 1 leagues 1 and 2 still need to be loaded.

Please and thankyou

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:48 am

Originally posted by Finkel:

Vegas Main Event Week 1 leagues 1 and 2 still need to be loaded.

Please and thankyou I've e-mailed the tech team about this -- should be done soon.
[email protected]

Ryan C

Post by Ryan C » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:07 am

Hey Geoff - March 14th Rookie Invitational league needs to be uploaded. I know the plate is full - but I just wanted to make sure this is on the menu.

Thanks Ryan C
Mastersball

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” - Albert Einstein

Raskol

Post by Raskol » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:51 am

Slow Draft #1 still not loaded....

Slow Draft #16 still not loaded....

No FAAB for these, but still please keep them on your radar so that I can set lineups for the weekend.

Thanks Geoff & the rest of the IT crew.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.--Hunter S. Thompson

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:58 pm

Geoff,

Aside from getting our draft spots, on the day that Greg announces the draws for leagues, in my own mind, is a test for the servers due to the amount of traffic that is on the site.

There were errors while Greg was trying to post the teams and the site slowed to a snails pace.

Alleviate my fears.

Does Fanball have enough servers to deal with faab on Sunday?

Is there an e-mail backup plan in case of snafu?

Thanks, Dan
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:03 pm

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

Geoff,

Aside from getting our draft spots, on the day that Greg announces the draws for leagues, in my own mind, is a test for the servers due to the amount of traffic that is on the site.

There were errors while Greg was trying to post the teams and the site slowed to a snails pace.

Alleviate my fears.

Thanks, Dan Dan,

If you draft in St. Louis again next year, come take a tour of the Fanball office. The entire lower floor is servers -- it's nuts!

I've been informed that the Fanball tech team will be ready to go on Easter if even the smallest issue comes up.

Thanks
[email protected]

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:04 pm

quote:Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

Geoff,

Alleviate my fears.

Thanks, Dan Dan,

If you draft in St. Louis again next year, come take a tour of the Fanball office. The entire lower floor is servers -- it's nuts!

I've been informed that the Fanball tech team will be ready to go on Easter if even the smallest issue comes up.

Thanks
[/QUOTE]Great.

Thanks Geoff.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:36 pm

Pagans!!!

Pagans I say! ;)

That nameless, faceless group of subterranean Fanball techies are also dare I say...PAGANS!!!?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:42 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

Pagans!!!

Pagans I say! ;)

That nameless, faceless group of subterranean Fanball techies are also dare I say...PAGANS!!!? Pagans? Any relation to the Mets interim starting outfielder?

Lance, during my weekend in Vegas (and where were you??????), I procured both (i) the name and (ii) the face of the Fanball tech crew. I think we'll be okay here...

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:22 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:

quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

Pagans!!!

Pagans I say! ;)

That nameless, faceless group of subterranean Fanball techies are also dare I say...PAGANS!!!? Pagans? Any relation to the Mets interim starting outfielder?

Lance, during my weekend in Vegas (and where were you??????), I procured both (i) the name and (ii) the face of the Fanball tech crew. I think we'll be okay here...
[/QUOTE]Hmmmm....shouldn't that be plural....as in name(s) and face(s)?

Glenn

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:48 pm

Originally posted by Glenneration X:

quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:

quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

Pagans!!!

Pagans I say! ;)

[/QUOTE]Hmmmm....shouldn't that be plural....as in name(s) and face(s)?

Glenn
[/QUOTE]I didn't meet Corey (project manager), but did speak at-length with John (CTO). So I guess I got names, but not faces.

DrDobs

Post by DrDobs » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:22 am

Hey guys,

Thanks! Depending on how one defines "end of the day" I believe this will be the litmus on whether the NFBC/Fanball is able to get our season off the ground and underway prior to the start of the regular season or not.

This is a great opportunity for the Fanball tech team to silence the critics (people like me) and add one of the most key components necessary for a successfull NFBC season.

They deliver on this promise "by the end of the day" and though it'll likely still be a rocky beginning, our wings will work and we'll probably be alright. If they miss this one, and miss it badly, we're doomed..

This is my prediction....

Jon

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:42 am

Originally posted by DrDobs:

quote:Originally posted by Geoffrey Stein:

Hey guys,

Thanks! Depending on how one defines "end of the day" I believe this will be the litmus on whether the NFBC/Fanball is able to get our season off the ground and underway prior to the start of the regular season or not.

This is a great opportunity for the Fanball tech team to silence the critics (people like me) and add one of the most key components necessary for a successfull NFBC season.

They deliver on this promise "by the end of the day" and though it'll likely still be a rocky beginning, our wings will work and we'll probably be alright. If they miss this one, and miss it badly, we're doomed..

This is my prediction....

Jon
[/QUOTE]A prediction of doom. Not surprising on our boards. We'll see if we can overcome your fears today Jon.

Geoff is correct, our goal is to have all teams live and the FAAB process started today. I'll explain in another post our plans, but we are on the same pace as past years. It just seems that folks are extremely hyper and eager to see this first week go smoothly and I totally understand that. But making predictions of doom and gloom does not help, especially when folks are still considering the Online Double Plays we have available.

We're working hard now and will have things ready to go soon.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius