FAAB

Cooperstown

FAAB

Post by Cooperstown » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:55 am

Does anyone know if David Wright was drafted last year? If not, how much did he go for in FAAB? What was the highest bid last year and for what player? I'm trying to get a feel for this being in it for the first time.

Also, can you make multiple bids that are provisional? And can the total amounts exceed the amount of money you have left? For example, if I have $900 left and 2 minor leaguers with potential get called up, can I bid $900 on player 1 and make a 2nd provisional bid of $900 for player 2. Or do I have to bid $450 for each one. Remember, I only want 1 player.

Edwards Kings

FAAB

Post by Edwards Kings » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:34 am

I can answer the David Wright question for last years Las Vegas League #4. He was not drafted and I picked him up from the free agent pool for $250. This might be a bit deceiving as at the time I was at or near the top of the dollars still available for FAAB.

Also, I am not sure how much help knowing all the FAAB bids would be (I do not know if that info is available...I will yield to Greg or Tom on that and the other questions). We fluctuated pretty wildly in style and week to week activity. The week I got Wright, someone else got Jason Christiansen for $129. The week before, no FA were picked up for more than $22. We had at least a couple of guys (Jose Valverde and Carlos Pena) go for more than $300. A good number of guys (Willie Harris, Tim Wakefield, Marco Scutaro) went for a buck.

In short, your league will have its own personality and will use the FAAB as is comfortable pending draft results and injury. And again, this was only LV League 4.

Hope this helps and welcome.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Cooperstown

FAAB

Post by Cooperstown » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:28 am

Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

I can answer the David Wright question for last years Las Vegas League #4. He was not drafted and I picked him up from the free agent pool for $250. This might be a bit deceiving as at the time I was at or near the top of the dollars still available for FAAB.

Also, I am not sure how much help knowing all the FAAB bids would be (I do not know if that info is available...I will yield to Greg or Tom on that and the other questions). We fluctuated pretty wildly in style and week to week activity. The week I got Wright, someone else got Jason Christiansen for $129. The week before, no FA were picked up for more than $22. We had at least a couple of guys (Jose Valverde and Carlos Pena) go for more than $300. A good number of guys (Willie Harris, Tim Wakefield, Marco Scutaro) went for a buck.

In short, your league will have its own personality and will use the FAAB as is comfortable pending draft results and injury. And again, this was only LV League 4.

Hope this helps and welcome. Thanks, yeah it does help. I have pretty much decided it isn't that great an advantage to sit on the $1000 and wait for that one great player like we sometimes do in NL only or AL only leagues.

Greg Ambrosius

FAAB

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:22 am

Originally posted by coops:

Does anyone know if David Wright was drafted last year? If not, how much did he go for in FAAB? What was the highest bid last year and for what player? I'm trying to get a feel for this being in it for the first time.

Also, can you make multiple bids that are provisional? And can the total amounts exceed the amount of money you have left? For example, if I have $900 left and 2 minor leaguers with potential get called up, can I bid $900 on player 1 and make a 2nd provisional bid of $900 for player 2. Or do I have to bid $450 for each one. Remember, I only want 1 player. I do not think David Wright was drafted in a single NFBC league. Zack Greinke and B.J. Upton were drafted in several leagues, but not Wright.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius